Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Does anyone else follow Randall Carlson, Graham hancock, brien Foerster etc?  (Read 6694 times)

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
I just came across their theories and have to say say I'm really intrigued by the whole idea of an ancient cataclysm hitting the reset button on human civilization.  I've always been intrigued about all the ancient megalithic structures that meet or even sometimes exceed what we can do by today's standards.  The ancient alien theorists are fun but hard to take seriously.

This is a good intro vid (first two hours) for the cataclysm portion..

Then some intriguing ancient machining...

Then Jimmy (bright insight) boils this and other stuff into shorter vids..

What do you guys think--are we the second (maybe 3rd) go around for the human population on planet earth?

its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:53:10 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
No.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
I enjoy the mental exercise of entertaining different theories, but YouTube is littered with crap that is only created to get clicks.  For too many of these people, this is like the UFO community where it's more about selling books and getting paid to talk.

That said, it's absurd to think that current theories are infallable.

Lately I've been into genetics and migration of early man/other hominids  Genetics are changing the official out of Africa theory.  It's more like out, evolve to into different humanoids, crossbreed, spread everywhere, including back into Africa.  The oldest bones  found in the Americas have turned out to be genetically closer to Aboriginal Australian than Native American.  It's a far cry from the original linear thinking and is probably still an oversimplification.  As with the ancient civilizations, YouTubers have cranked out videos to get clicks or push an agenda, but there are a lot of legitimate documentaries uploaded.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
I'll add that there is always money to be made by telling people what they want to hear. 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Meh, I figure civilization has risen and fallen a few times and we don't know about it.  Don't think aliens had anything to do with it.

:dunno

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
I dig the plasma discharge/squatting man petroglyph theory

! No longer available

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Wait a minute, ol’ Jimmy just provides a clue!!

No one that smart would misspell “plain sight” as “plane site” unless he was trying to tell us the Mayans hid Atlantis in the ruins of an ancient airport!!!!! Wowzers!!!

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
I don't know if I buy a lick of that stuff, but I am not going to knock people for asking those questions. If its true, then I am glad Civilization v1 or v2 didn't leave massive piles of trash behind. Well, we can at least be sure plastic straws weren't their downfall.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
Re: Does anyone else follow Randall Carlson, Graham hancock, brien Foerster etc?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 05:09:42 pm »
I don't know if I buy a lick of that stuff, but I am not going to knock people for asking those questions. If its true, then I am glad Civilization v1 or v2 didn't leave massive piles of trash behind. Well, we can at least be sure plastic straws weren't their downfall.

You’ve a better man than I am.

whammoed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:35:58 pm
  • Crack don't smoke itself
    • NiceMite
Re: Does anyone else follow Randall Carlson, Graham hancock, brien Foerster etc?
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 06:52:19 pm »
Yes.  I have read a couple of Graham Hancock's books.  He is far from a click bait YouTuber.  The traditional teachings of Egyptian history such as the Pyramid and Sphynx timelines and who built them is definitely full of crap.  I remain open minded to theories as to the nature of its true history as well as many other megalithic sites and ancient civilizations.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 09:01:54 pm »
You are wasting your time. Stop reading garbage.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 10:56:50 am »
The Nemedian Chronicles are the only advanced pre-history civilization documentation you need concern yourself with.
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:10 pm »
http://www.theglobaleducationproject.org/egypt/articles/cdunn-1.php

As someone who has cut a ton of wood and knows how hard is to get a straight line sometimes even in something as soft as wood, it's a true puzzle how (and why) the ancient Egyptians (or whoever they were) were able to make the items discussed in the article above. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:14:48 pm by menace »
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 06:43:50 am »
This recently came up in the suggestion cue. It's at least six years old.

Humans did not evolve from something chimpanzee-like, chimps evolved from something human-like

[youtube][/youtube]

(So is Youtube embedding not working?)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:50:27 am by Mr. Peabody »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 09:25:02 am »
Then Jimmy (bright insight) boils this and other stuff into shorter vids..

What do you guys think--are we the second (maybe 3rd) go around for the human population on planet earth?

lol, just as easy to make a vid "proving" it's somewhere else.

The advanced civilization thing gets blown out of proportion.
There probably were plenty of societies with advanced governing structure, laws, & slightly advanced technology that died out.
They didn't have laserbeams and flying machines though.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 12:12:37 am »

lol, just as easy to make a vid "proving" it's somewhere else.

The advanced civilization thing gets blown out of proportion.
There probably were plenty of societies with advanced governing structure, laws, & slightly advanced technology that died out.
They didn't have laserbeams and flying machines though.

Who can say, when the evidence of such things in a distant enough past would not exist.

Inclinations and hopes make for a saucy dish.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Apply all theories to the razor and like magic all the nut ball ones are instantly cut away.  Which explanation is more simple, that ancient people didn't keep good records and thus their methods of construction have been lost to time or that an advanced civilization arose and fell to dust over a period of several hundred years without any written records found anywhere on the planet?  Yeah, the reset button was never pressed man, because it fails the Occam's test. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Doesn't matter either way, frankly.  Won't change a thing about our current situation.

:cheers:

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
@Howard_Casto: as has been said, and why good researchers keep the door open, after half a million years even styrofoam melts away. Perhaps the greatest possible indicator of something would be radioactivity, but there are enough natural sources, even natural reactors I found out recently, that might obscure evidence.

@pbj: nothing changes without application and implementation.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
Good researchers think ancient advanced civilization theories are crap. There is not one shred of actual evidence to support this nonsense. Just a bunch of pseudoscientists babbling on and on to sell a book or get YouTube revenue. there are idiots out there that think the world is flat. Don't be like them.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
^This^

Here's the the thing, it doesn't matter how impermenant or how old, we ALWAYS find evidence.  They've found fossils from the dawn of life, we've found human remains more than 100,000 years old.  Are you really telling me that an advanced civilization arose and fell and we don't have any credible shred of evidence?  Think of how many books the human race has written and how many ways it's been stored, on everything from cunifom tablets to optical disc.  You are telling me that if we bit the big one tomorrow none of that would last the eons?  Even ignoring that, advanced civilizations work on the human body via surgery and artifical limb/organ replacement, and titanium screws and plates last a hell of a long time.  So how come we haven't found any?  Also an advancement of civilization always equates to a population boom.  We would find a ton of human fossils from any period of a suitably advanced civilization but we havent' found that.  The global population has been steadly increasing since the dawn of man as technology and the average life expectancy has increased.  Long story short, no evidence = it didn't happen.  This applies to all the crackpot science as well.... bigfoot, alien abduction, the Lochness monster, ect. 

I can't believe I'm having to explain this to a fully grown adult. 

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
and why good researchers keep the door open
You're not talking about keeping the door open. You're talking about swallowing tripe. This is a common conspiracy theorist attack against science: "Science is all about keeping an open mind, so if scientists aren't entertaining my baseless, fanciful claims, then they're bad at performing the basics of their job." Science is one of the few professions where non-practitioners don't bat an eye at accusing the entire profession of gross incompetence. 

after half a million years even styrofoam melts away.
The melting point of styrofoam decreases after half a million years?

Perhaps the greatest possible indicator of something would be radioactivity, but there are enough natural sources, even natural reactors I found out recently, that might obscure evidence.
Do you realize the point of your post was to make apologies for the lack of evidence? If all you have to support these claims is excuses for lack of evidence, then the rational thing to do is dismiss the claims.

Is anybody even making the claim that ancient civilizations used nuclear power and invented styrofoam? Don't be like the rest of these anti-science tools and say "Here's some things I find surprising about science which are unrelated to my claims, therefore I have an open mind and you suck." 

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:02:58 pm by DrakeTungsten »
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
I support nothing. Science matters to me mostly insofar as what it can contribute to materials science. Although a gee-wow is available for anything evidenced by apparently credible sources.

Some of my experiences have been inexplicable, and as such can be noted but do not need to be discussed.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Science matters to EVERYONE and it is the MOST important thing in human existence.  Everything man made in our world is a result of science and our manipulation of the natural world, for better or for worse is all due to scientific study.  The reason we can feed the massive populations we have today is due to manipulation of plants and animals and artificial preservatives.  The reason your life expectancy is in the 70's to 80's instead of the 40's to 50's is due to medical science.  Long story short, anybody that bashes science or taints it with psuedo-science nonsense is not only a moron, but actively doing an evil act. 

The meaning of human existence is to expand our knowledge in order to have a greater understanding of the universe which will ensure our species survival for generations to come.  Humans aren't particularly strong or rugged in the animal world but we thrive because we are smart.  Therefore intelligence is our most important survival trait and everyone should get behind supporting the expansion of intelligence, both for the individual and the species as a whole. 

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:12 pm
<yawn>

First principle of sales is that there is always someone out there that wants to buy your crap, the trick is to promote it to enough people then you'll make a motza.

Discussion on this thread proves that the principle applies to ideas as well as things.

I don't know who the guys in the subject line are, don't want to know, don't want to waste my short but valuable time on this earth seriously entertaining what reason and intuition tells me is ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow---. Goddamit, I could be playing Galaga instead.

<yawn>
Check out my completed projects!

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
@Howard: I thought better of my last, with the following thoughts: I have read and seen in videos people saying most things decays in thousands or hundreds of thousands of years. Bone sticks around a long time, given its mineral qualities, though has required special circumstances even so. Perhaps they were wrong? In any case, I am neither for nor against the idea of prior high-tech civilizations. You and others seem to feel claims of such are an existential threat.

And to the last you have indicated so (in an arguably 'religious' manner). On that I think pop culture, particularly the fervor for fantasy and scifi, is much worse.

Goddamit, I could be playing Galaga instead.

<yawn>

QB))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:22:14 am by Mr. Peabody »

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
In the spirit of the thread.....

Chromosomal evidence we're created through genetic intervention