Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Scooby Doo 4p Cabinet - Looking for an artist for side and control panel art  (Read 2476 times)

Zoomie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2019, 01:46:53 pm
  • Oldschool gamer / New builder
Hey all.  First thing's first - I really love Scooby Doo so I'm making a Scooby themed cab, The Mystery Machine.

I have completed a mock-up to test height and angles of the screen and CP.  I'm just finishing the wiring but everything else is pretty much where I need it.
Now that the mock-up is complete I'm going to transfer the measurements and cut out a final design. The plan is to use MDF or high density plywood to create a fairly traditional looking (Konami-style) machine.  I'm torn between a polycarbonate or plexi over art CP, but I definitely want full vinyl art for the sides. 

Scooby Doo gives all sorts of fun design options and colourful characters.  The art style is very distinctive and the palette is dominated by pastel yellows, greens, blues, oranges, brown, and purple or pink.  It has a very recognizable look and style.  EVERYONE knows Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, and Scooby, but don't forget the host of baddies that would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.

I'm hoping someone on the site wants to help me make this thing a reality.  I'm a fan of the art style from the Mystery Incorporated series (2010-2013). I appreciate that good art is not simple or cheap so I have a healthy budget for both the art and for printing it out.  I plan to own this machine for many years and I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Based on the image below, I'm a fan of the 1969-1971, 1972-1973, 2002-2005, and especially the 2010-2013 eras.

If this sounds like a project you'd like to tackle, please PM and we can chat.  Based on replies, I may ask for cost and for a quick sample/idea, but I promise I will not try to make you do work for free.

Cheers and thanks for your time!