Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe mm6  (Read 2449 times)

baldnic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 08:29:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe mm6
« on: September 11, 2018, 10:23:58 pm »
I have a Rowe mm6 that I recently purchased. The coin op and credits have been bypassed and it always played the 45's just fine except the side selector would only play A sides. I turned it off and used some electronics cleaner on a rag to clean the side toggle pins and inspected the mechanical side of the side selector relay. Upon restart, it will select the proper record, set it on the turntable and the tone arm will move to the record for about 2-4 seconds. NO audio is heard during that time, at which the tone arm returns and the record is put back in to the carousel. It doesn't matter which selection I pick, it appears the needle is contacting the record. I adjusted the downward screw on the tone arm 1/8 turn to make sure it was touching the record. I moved it back after verifying it was indeed contacting the record.  I just bought a copy of the manual and went through the troubleshooting chart, not sure it follows any of the listed "problems." Anybody have a suggestion on where to start the troubleshooting? Most likely parts to diagnose?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:12:12 am by baldnic »

baldnic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 08:29:17 pm
Re: Rowe mm6
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:22:53 am »
I hope this can help someone else. I found the cancel button on the back of the machine to be partially stuck inward and the wire harness plug from that cancel switch to the turn arm to be partially unplugged. After cleaning and seating the plug and ensuring the rear switch was working the machine plays 45's again.
Now to figure out why it doesn't toggle between sides.

scottnruth1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2019, 11:18:10 pm
Re: Rowe mm6
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 05:43:36 pm »
did you have an issue where the selection buttons would not stay in? I have just got my MM6 it played fine 10 times then when I tried a B side it did not play and now it wont let me select anything.

Thank you