Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Emergency Call Ambulance Conversion  (Read 4764 times)

jonbenderr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 07:29:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Emergency Call Ambulance Conversion
« on: September 09, 2018, 06:17:08 pm »
Hello all!

So I just recently acquired an Emergency Call Ambulance machine from an auction.

It's a fully functioning machine, but to be totally honest, I'm not terribly interested in the actual game and am debating converting it to a MAME cab with a couple different games or at the very least I was thinking of dedicating it to Outrun.

My question is are there any hardware solutions that will allow me to take the existing controls and convert them to something MAME can understand.

I've seen some things like the I_Pac from Ultimarc but nothing that seems specific to steering wheels, brake/accelerators, etc. etc.

I also know getting the monitor to display the PC might be tricky. 

It be nice if I could get some of the vibrations and things like that to function as well.

Any advice from anyone out there?

I know this project could end up being very tricky but I'm ready for it.  Kind of looking forward to it.

EDIT: Just realized the A-Pac on ultimarc supports potentiometers.

Still curious about taking advantage of the vibrations.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:49:41 pm by jonbenderr »

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 01:34:32 pm
Re: Emergency Call Ambulance Conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 11:12:37 am »
This is a SEGA MODEL 3 Panel , ATM there's nothing but normally something will come it will need a arduino , BIGPANIK from GAMOOVER work on this , and perhaps the PWM2M2 board from AGANYTE from GAMOOVER forum too

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:14:48 am »
Thanks for the leads bandicoot!

I came across something for the Model 3 system but it seems to still be in development.

I think I have decided to just go with the tried and true logitech setup.  Just hoping I can come up with a nice looking mounting solution in the cab.

What would be REALLY nice would be to have an interchangeable steering/flight stick setup so maybe I can also get things like Star Wars and After Burner running.

Any ideas or recommendations from anyone would be great!

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:10:16 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 10:12:52 am »
You are in the need for some basics to be covered: start >>HERE<<

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 01:18:04 pm »
Thank you and apologies.

I have actually read through that thread but was just hoping to find some more info specific to this machine, which other than a not terribly detailed manual, I can't seem to find much.

ge0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2019, 04:11:09 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 01:04:11 am »
A shame you don't care much for the game, it's a fun one, and model 3 boards are beautiful. Sega in its glory days. Since you're only really invested in the cab, if you were ever so inclined to part with the actual game board for Ambulance I'd be interested :)

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 09:38:21 pm »
Jonbenderr, I just bought a g27. Could you show us the connexion you did between the original pedals and the g25 steering wheel?

Envoyé de mon LEX722 en utilisant Tapatalk

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 11:08:02 am »
fablog,

if you take apart the logitech pedal board, you will very easily see where there are 3 potentiometers, 1 for each pedal, and you will see how they are wired.  So initially, I just pulled the wire spade leads and connected them to the original gas and brake pedal potentiometers.  The clutch pedal wiring I covered ends with e-tape and they just aren't connected to anything.  (None of the games I play use a clutch).

After awhile, the original machine pedals started acting up.  Fortunately, I still had all potentiometers from the logitech setup.  Pulled them out and replaced the originals.  Had to use an exacto knife to cut some plastic to get them to seat properly, but it worked great and has been working great for the past couple years!