Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Moves lists in Mame  (Read 1928 times)

vaderag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
Moves lists in Mame
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:09:56 am »
Playing SFII the other day and friend was playing as Guile and asked me the moves. Never used him so no clue... What's the easiest way to get moves lists available from pause / mame menus?

Using Hyperspin / Rocket Launcher and mame

TheElectricMonk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2022, 04:17:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Moves lists in Mame
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:29:44 pm »
OK, this is far from "the easiest way", but if I had to to something like that, I'd set up an AutoHotKey script that on a certain keypress opens IrfanView, displaying an image with the same name as the MAME rom.
Set up the script to restrict all other possible control panel keys except the one that opened IrfanView, and set that key to close IrfanView and ExitApp.
Also set the script to close if no image with that name is found.
That way you can create a folder with instruction graphics that will pop up when you press a certain key and close when you press the same key. I've done something similar with the MaLa frontend and Virtual Pinball to display the instruction cards from the MaLa menu - never tried to set it for activation during gameplay though. You may have to send an additional alt+tab or something to minimize your game first.

luizw81

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2022, 12:39:36 pm
  • I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »
You can use hyperpause in rocketlauncher.  One you enable it, you can pause through hyperpause and scroll to the moves list.

Side note:  hyperpause is useful of you have strategy guides and the like.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 02:43:36 pm »
I tried hyper pause a while back and it all seemed a little convoluted/overkill... Loads of stuff I didn't want or need.
Ideally I will pause and a screen will overlay with a moves list...
Incidentally... Are moves list consolidate in any tools?