Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Widow needs help trying to sell a couple of late husband'sMegatouch Arcade Games  (Read 1792 times)

snowlinelodge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2018, 12:38:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
My husband has recently passed away and Ii have a couple of Megatouch Arcarde games that I really know nothing about.  Can someone help me negotiate this site to find out where and how to list them. 
Thank you so much!

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 12:29:59 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
You're in the right sub-forum.   ;D

A few suggestions to help you get a fair price:

1. Add your location to the subject line of the original post. i.e. [Omaha/NE/US]
- For many people, it's not worth the expense, effort, and risk to pack and ship these systems cross-country, but they would be worth picking up if you're only an hour or two drive away.

2. Post some pictures.
- There are several different models of Megatouch so shots of the exterior, serial number plate, labels on the PCB or HDD, and screenshots can help us narrow down the model/software.
- Helps buyers determine if they are in "mint", "home-use-only", "survivor", or "barn-find" condition.
- When you're posting, click on "Attachments and other options" under the text box to attach photos.

3. If you don't specify that the systems are working, offers are likely to be based on the non-working value.
- Bonus points for powering them on and posting a "proof of life" picture of the attract screen or game play.

GLWTS.   :cheers:

Scott
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:44:00 am by PL1 »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:02:53 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
First off, sorry for your loss.

Second, your best bet to sell them would be on Craigslist or OfferUp. Expect to get lowballed. You need to decide if you just want to get rid of them, or if you think they’re of value and want to make money off them. I sold one in the past year for $200, and that was a good deal for me.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***