Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Easyget vs Sanwa Buttons  (Read 1689 times)

dkoiro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2018, 04:27:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Easyget vs Sanwa Buttons
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:31:54 pm »
I'm struggling with a decision on my first cabinet build, and hope you all can help.

I've read that the Sanwa buttons are among the highest quality buttons for fast response, but I keep coming across the EasyGet buttons and joysticks when searching for Sanwa.

Are they the same, or is there a difference in quality between tbe two?

The Easyget buttons are consistently much less expensive than the Sanwa, but I don't wish to buy them if they will need replacement in the near future.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Easyget vs Sanwa Buttons
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:37:46 pm »
Leave those Easygets alone, they plain nasty. Very similar to the ones I used on my first attempt at a bartop, needless to say I soon ripped them out and replaced them with some happs. 

To help us more , What thickness control panel do you have?  What experience are you trying to replicate?
Sanwa are usually in japanese fighters,  Do you want to replicate the Japanese fighter feel, or are you more used to american machines,

Then there is style of button, Shmups for example would normally use a nice short leaf switch, but Streetfighter 2 was Microswitch, 

So much more to think about before deciding on what make to go for.  But trust me on the Easygets,

dkoiro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2018, 04:27:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:20:47 pm »
Thank you, that confirms my suspicions! I’m building a bartop out of 3/4 in MDO, so I know I need the screw-type, not snap-in type.

As far as feel, I was leaning toward the faster response of the Japanese-type over the Happ, I don’t care as much about the shape of the button, or whether it makes a “click” when pressed.

I’m not totally opposed to Happs, but do want to install joysticks that can be switched between 4-way and 8-way, and saw that Sanwa had that option.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 07:35:44 pm »
I’m not totally opposed to Happs, but do want to install joysticks that can be switched between 4-way and 8-way, and saw that Sanwa had that option.

The Sanwa JLFs can be switched, but not easily.  Look up a youtube video on it.

Sanwa JLW can be switched back and forth if you don't tighten the screws down all the way.
Some people add washers so the screw head can't drop into the notch intended for it.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 03:17:19 am »
The Ultimarc mag stick + switches easily between 4 and 8 way.
But its not your standard feeling stick either it has a very short and snappy throw.