Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc ClassicRGB vs GoldLeaf RGB buttons?  (Read 3504 times)

marekk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2020, 10:43:50 am
  • Building my first cabinet!
Ultimarc ClassicRGB vs GoldLeaf RGB buttons?
« on: September 06, 2018, 02:14:16 am »
I'm building a cabinet for the first time (yay!) and researching my parts list. I'm purchasing a lot of the components from Ultimarc and am trying to decide on the buttons I want to go with.

Does anyone have an opinion between the Classic RGB ($8.50) and GoldLeaf RGB ($5.50) buttons? Both buttons are concave and have an LED (which I like). I know the GoldLeaf button has a shorter travel distance and less click.

Is it just a personal preference between the two or is one type generally regarded as superior to the other?

Thanks!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:14:24 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Ultimarc ClassicRGB vs GoldLeaf RGB buttons?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:39 pm »
really it's personal preference. for your first time, just get anything really....there are more pressing matters to worry about. (like where you going to put it all and how are you going to cut this or make that in your living room without making a huge mess.)

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:08:55 am »
Feel wise they are both fine.

The main thing it comes down to is the switch.

The classics use a standard micro switch, Clicky/Noisy but easy to swap out and replace if need be, They are also considered better for fighters. Also they arevquite a bit deeper than the micro leafs.

The micro leafs are virtually silent and obv leaf style switches. They take a 2.6mm crimp and are better for shmups etc.

So yeah personal choice really.

I have both on 2 separate cabs and they are both good buttons.

marekk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2020, 10:43:50 am
  • Building my first cabinet!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:41:57 am »
Thank you both!