Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Overkill-A-Tron (A Lesson In Wasting Money) [43" 4-Player MultiCade]  (Read 10864 times)

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
Re: The Overkill-A-Tron (A Lesson In Wasting Money) [43" 4-Player MultiCade]
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2018, 11:39:45 am »
I've played on both. Angled and non angled makes no difference and I doubt anybody would notice...
Wrong. So wrong. People do notice. 

Ditch the coin door. And have some tidy speakers down there..

Wow please don’t listen to this guy, he’s either smokin’ crack or purposely giving you terrible advice.
Yeah I go around giving purposeful bad advice. Call me a drug addict.  Speakers don't have to be on display you can hide them via speaker mesh etc..
There's many things you could do with that large area underneath, the coin door looks rediculous

This guy....

Bad advice.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:57:42 pm by saint »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Richie_jones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:04:21 pm
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 11:46:45 am »
I see more cabs without coin doors than i do with coin doors, do you flame all of those threads.
If your going to make nasty comments just because you don't like someone's opinion then I'll call you out for what you are...
You sounded like one so I called you one..
Move on

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 12:25:55 pm »
There’s opinions and there’s just plain bad advice. You didn’t say “in my opinion”, you stated fact and offered instructions in a project thread.
If you want to debate the look of coin doors, or angling Joysticks, create a thread and let’s hear your points on why you think your opinion holds any merit worth considering. Don’t go spreading this bad advice then claim “it’s only my opinion” as a bail-out.

Dallinj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2021, 09:50:26 pm
  • Boise, ID
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 06:41:11 pm »
Finally have a working trackball that can be mounted into the CP, so I'll be posting a fully finished, lit-up, control panel picture album in the next few hours!  :applaud:

Dallinj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2021, 09:50:26 pm
  • Boise, ID
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 11:42:28 pm »
After some “brief” technical difficulties, I’ve finally finished the CP. We ordered a replacement power supply for the trackball, so no lights yet. We got some bubbly ball tops from Paradise Arcade and they look awesome, and give the CP a glowing look.