Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help needed identifying/repairing this monitor  (Read 1066 times)

guilds100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2018, 09:42:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help needed identifying/repairing this monitor
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:21:22 pm »
I have a kageki game in an unknown cabinet with a 19 inch unknown monitor with issues. Per the pics there is a wire unhooked on one end. The arrows  point to where the wire comes from and where it might have been connected but because it is going to ground I want a second opinion before I make the connection. Also there is a broken coil that needs attention. Any help identifying or repairing this would be appreciated.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Help needed identifying/repairing this monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:20:12 pm »
i wouldn't worry about the coil too much... it's basically all there still electrically. it's not unraveled or anything. maybe just hit it with a blob of silicone to keep it down and from flapping around. you absolutely will not find a new replacement for it...and if you did...buy a lottery ticket too. CRT parts are becoming unicorn poo.

the wire... if it is indeed connected to ground, you can just connect it to the metal frame on one of the screws.

the picture looks like it's missing green color? can you verify? it's probably either a loose wire connection...maybe broken trace or solder joint on the neck board or where the video goes into the board.

guilds100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2018, 09:42:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Help needed identifying/repairing this monitor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 06:08:35 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I believe green is out. I determined its a wg 4600 monitor and I'm going to start with a cap kit and go from there.