Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kortek Model KT-2914DF  (Read 2310 times)

tnarv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 12:54:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Kortek Model KT-2914DF
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:33:24 pm »
This monitor has this strange looking vertical line up the center of the screen that looks like a partially closed umbrella(is the only way to describe it)or a very cheap Christmas tree :o. I replaced every cap on the chassis with no improvement. It looks like it could be a problem with the yoke or possibly flyback. I can hear(and my hearing isn't the best)is a slight hissing sound coming from either the CRT or possibly the yoke. I've never seen this symptom in all the years I've been repairing monitors, 30 to be exact. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this on this chassis or possibly on a smaller screen size Kortek chassis. Thanks for any help any of you Tech people can give.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:53:34 am
Re: Kortek Model KT-2914DF
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 12:19:50 pm »
probably yoke, they tend to disintegrate on these monitors- i have replaced yokes on these before to good result, i used a sanwa es31 yoke

flyback failure on these chassis start with picture zooming in and out and its does not sound like a flyback fault

photo would prove it

tnarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:46:41 am »
Thanks very much for your tip on the yoke. I will attach a photo of the screen that I am seeing. hopefully should verify the problem. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. One question though. is the replacement yoke you mentioned available? I'll try doing a search and see if I can find one. If you have a vendor that stocks this yoke I would appreciate your info. Thanks again for your help.  :applaud: :cheers:

tnarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:34:15 am »
I have searched everywhere I can think of for this Sanwa es31 yoke. Hopefully you have a source where I can purchase one. I would imagine a person would have to have an old chassis around with one of these still working. If you know of anyone who might have one of these would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.   

grantspain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 06:52:29 am »
that is one of the most insane pictures i have ever seen on a monitor, it does look like a yoke issue but not like i have seen before

i only get yokes from old broken crt, the yoke you need is 0.300mh (horizontal inductance)- it has to match the chassis and fit the tube

sorry i can't be of more help, maybe chad at arcadecup will have something

grantspain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 06:54:44 am »
just spotted this if you U.S based
https://www.ebay.com/itm/sanwa-pm-1745c-arcade-monitor-chassis-yoke-working/252702504912?hash=item3ad63e37d0:g:k6QAAOSw-0xYZgBU

the above yoke will work with 2914 as it is 0.300mh type yoke

tnarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 08:53:25 am »
Thanks so much guys for your expertise. If yoke doesn't fix this 'something from outer space looking" monitor I probably will have to pitch. For the cost of a used yoke can't really go wrong one way or the other. Can't thank you'all enough for your help. I'll report back after installing the yoke and making the necessary adjustments.  :) :)

grantspain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 08:58:26 am »
take your existing yoke off first and take a look at the inside, they normally fall apart on these monitors

tnarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 10:05:41 pm »
Thanks so much for your reply. I will remove the yoke and take a look at it first. I ordered one of these off ebay regardless. Can't go wrong with the price. Even if this does not fix the monitor not that much is lost.