Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hydro Thunder Hurricane PC Version  (Read 2746 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hydro Thunder Hurricane PC Version
« on: September 04, 2018, 12:14:12 am »
Just gonna share a cheat engine file here incase anyone ever wants to work on it more

I brought this game in weekend and found it only works xinput so thought for a fun little side project ill make a mod to allow wheels etc to play and add some ffb etc. However, I was unaware how UWP games work and after finding all the addresses etc I needed found UWP games are locked away in a folder you cannot access (without hacking some stuff) and even after doing that it's basically impossible to copy anything to the game directory etc (even tho i apparently owned folders and had full control??)

Anyway I've since given up on this now cos of the way UWP games are but thought if someone with more skill then me, or future restrictions on UWP are lifted then ill share the cheat engine file so they can maybe do something with it

Includes accl, brake and steering address and the vibration addresses for controllers (vibration has to be turned on in menu for these to work).

just NOP the write address if you want control

apparently you can manually inject dll's into UWP games but when I tried it still wouldn't seem to work for me

Properly the first and last windows store game i will ever buy lol

ps UWP games suck.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:18:10 am by Boomslang »