Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with V Blanking Image Cut Off  (Read 1362 times)

Yardley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help with V Blanking Image Cut Off
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:25:59 pm »
Hi guys, I have a new Ikegami monitor that I am using with my GroovyMAME/CRT Emudriver PC and while I love it, I am having some problems with the image getting cut off at the top by about half an inch. I can also see the those reg, green, blue horizontal "retracer lines" on the top of the screen. See picture below. This might just be the monitor itself but it could be related. On my Sony PVM, I can adjust this kind of thing by going into the service menu and changing the V BLK TOP (blanking) setting.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kLKulCg

I posted over on the shmups forum in an Ikegami thread, and someone said the following: "You may want to change the settings in whatever software you're using so that the first scanline starts a few lines later. 240p should technically consist of 262 lines total with 240 of them visible, though some may be blanked out. Those extra 22 are typically split between the top and bottom of the screen. If your PC is configured to put the 22 all at the bottom, that would not be good."

Any ideas? Are there any settings I can tweak in CRT Emudriver that can help with the cutting off of the screen on top?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:36:34 pm by Yardley »

Yardley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Help with V Blanking Image Cut Off
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:09:47 am »
Nevermind! The cutting off of the image was being caused by my Extron 203rxi. I just had to adjust the vertical dial.