Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wells Gardner - GT Live cabinet conversion  (Read 1325 times)

garethg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2018, 07:41:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wells Gardner - GT Live cabinet conversion
« on: August 30, 2018, 10:05:16 am »
Hi Guys,
I have a GT Live cabinet with the 2 screens that i have been meaning to convert to an all in one system.
My plan is to use the top monitor for the jukebox, running on either a pc or raspberry pi3.
My question is, will i be able to run a xbox and ps4 safely on the wells gardner monitor?
I know its max resolution is only 800x600, but i am not sure if i will damage the screen by playing those consoles because of the refresh rate?
Please if anyone can shed some light on this topic, it would be highly appreciated as i am not that technically inclined.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Wells Gardner - GT Live cabinet conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:01:27 pm »
That monitor is not designed to do what I think you want it to do, and I don't think you will be satisfied with the image on it after you see what you are going to have to do to the signal to get it to work on it.

Keep your ps4 on your living room TV.