Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc Order Question  (Read 2271 times)

drewskee80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2018, 04:57:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultimarc Order Question
« on: August 27, 2018, 03:38:38 pm »
Hey Guys, so I think I've got my order ready to go on Ultimarc, however, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious?  One question I have is, since I am buying the I-Pac ultimate, do I still need to get the additional Servostick control board?  I'm assuming I do, but just wanted to make sure.  Also, do you think I will need any additional wiring cables?  This is for a 4 player setup.  I'm trying to measure twice cut once here.  Thanks!!

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: Ultimarc Order Question
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 04:42:31 pm »

That all looks OK.

The Servostik Control Board is needed, this drives the restrictor motor(s) and has current sensing to switch power at start and end of its travel.

If its a large panel you might want to add a pack of extension harness wires and a few 200mm M-F 4-way extensions for any LED wires which might be short, at the edges of the panel.

Andy

drewskee80

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2018, 04:57:49 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 05:20:42 pm »

That all looks OK.

The Servostik Control Board is needed, this drives the restrictor motor(s) and has current sensing to switch power at start and end of its travel.

If its a large panel you might want to add a pack of extension harness wires and a few 200mm M-F 4-way extensions for any LED wires which might be short, at the edges of the panel.

Andy

Thanks Andy!  The panel is going to be 38" wide, do you think I still need those additional wires?  Thanks!

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 05:39:37 pm »
Since that is bigger than almost any real arcade panel ever I would qualify that as large.

That all looks OK.

Andy

Thanks Andy!  The panel is going to be 38" wide, do you think I still need those additional wires?  Thanks!
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:52:05 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 09:17:27 pm »

That all looks OK.

Andy

38" is wider than most doors.  Are you building the cab in the room it will forever stay?

GSquarePA

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2020, 04:54:35 pm
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:54:09 pm »
Just swapped out everything in my 4 player panel for Ultimarc equipment last week (thank you Andy for great products). Like you, I went with gold leaf switches and servo sticks.

I had an almost identical cart as you do until I read the 'How to Choose Controls' FAQ on the ultimarc site. Specifically the mega panel configuration. My panel is 47" wide for the CP itself with the widest span between controls being 38". It's pretty big but not that much bigger than yours.

I changed gears completely and switched the configuration to (2) LED 64s and an iPac4. I am SO glad I did. You are going to have a TON of wires under that panel and running them all to the center would have been a huge pain. I also chose to cut and crimp each control wire individually so everything was neat but I may have wiring neatness issues. Running multiple controllers was a huge advantage for me.

Also, you have LEDs everywhere else is there a reason you are not adding the LED stick replacements for the servo sticks? They look great lit up!

Regardless, your going to love the buttons and sticks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AkAdam44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 12:41:04 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »
@GSquarePA Do you have any pics of your control panel and a parts list by chance?  I've been doing research for my own arcade cabinet build and what you've described sounds exactly like what I'm planning. With a C.P. width of 47", it sounds like you're going for a "Space Paranoids / Chance's Flynns Arcade" right? That's what I'm planning for and I could use all the help/inspiration I can find!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:08:02 pm by AkAdam44 »