Main > Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Forum

JukeboxFX to be released tonight

(1/2) > >>

ArcadeFX:
JukeboxFX will be released tonight. I finally found a little time this weekend to get the first beta ready.  More details are on the AFX home page.

Here is a screenshot for you.  And yes the speakers pump in real time to the beat!  Two other cool visuals are available as well.

More Details Here: http://www.move360media.com/mame/arcadefx/index.htm

Lilwolf:
I wont have a chance to play with it for a bit (just bought a pool table... and used all my hobby time getting it setup...).  But I have a few questions.

Is it skinnable?  

Are the keys 100% configurable?

I'm looking for a mp3 player that can looks as close to a old jukebox as possible.  And that can exit with one key.  Then I can get it working with my frontend :)

Looking GREAT!

ArcadeFX:
Only the background is skinnable right now and it is not key mappable yet. You will need a trackball or mouse for navigation for now.  Right now it will exit with the ESC key or clicking the exit button.

Hope to add the key mapping in the next release.

Howard_Casto:

--- Quote ---I wont have a chance to play with it for a bit (just bought a pool table... and used all my hobby time getting it setup...).
--- End quote ---

Brad:
Hey guys,

I think the ultimate jukebox would do the following two key things:

1) It would allow full command line integration for use in a frontend, in fact, it'd be REALLY cool if you could use a frontend to build a playlist and then send it to it like so:

mp3juke.exe <song1> <song2> <song3>

2) It could act as a screensaver.  So, for example, my arcade cabinet would sit idle for 10 minutes, then the jukebox would automatically kick off and play the playlist I sent it, or even better, select RANDOM songs from paths that I supply the screensaver module.  I'd love for my cabinet to play the Pac Man Fever MP3 when the screensaver is activated.

All these standalone jukeboxes are really cool, but the thought of being able to integrate them into my existing frontend or have them automatically come up as a screensaver is what I'd really like to do.

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version