Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Download BloodStained: Curse of the Moon now!  (Read 2669 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Download BloodStained: Curse of the Moon now!
« on: August 24, 2018, 01:23:14 am »
So the switch version dropped tonight.  I forgot about it and thought "Well I'll turn it on just to see what it's like."  That was an hour ago.  The game is damn good and I would go into detail but there is really no need.  Did you like Castlevania 3?  Well that's what it is only with modern improvements.  It no longer takes 5 seconds to switch characters, the sub weapon has it's own button, stairs are easier and quicker to navigate and monsters can be much larger.  Obviously you can save as well. 

I thought this might have been a throw away title just to keep interest in the "real" game coming next year, but it seems to be damn good in it's own right. 

It's only 10 bucks so you might want to give it a shot.

gamepimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
Re: Download BloodStained: Curse of the Moon now!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 03:46:05 pm »
This looks like a very cool game, especially if you're a fan of Castlevania. I really wish they would give the option of buying a physical cartridge. I think I would pay a little more just to have something tangible. That's one of the biggest problems I have with the latest generation of consoles. Some of the best games are downloads only without the option of buying physical media. Call me old fashioned, but I really like having a box with a cartridge/CD that I can throw on the shelf. That's a big part of the gaming experience imo... 

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 04:08:16 pm »
Yeah it’s an excellent game. Probably a better game than what Bloodstained is going to be, tbh.

If they do a physical version of this I’d be all over it. Maybe someone like Limited Run Games will do it.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:13:49 pm »
still don't got a switch...or PS4 or XB1.....

PC MASTER RACE! :p
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 04:17:50 pm »
I normally don't buy digital either, but I had an amazon credit burning a hole in my pocket.  The only reason I posted is like you guys I normally ignore digital only titles and this game is way better then it has any right to be considering it's a "filler" game.  It even has built in reasons to do multiple playthroughs..... not just different endings.... a brand new final boss and unique power ups based upon how you choose to play.  I'm currently working towards the "ultimate" ending. 

gamepimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 05:21:31 pm »
This is definitely a good callout. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had a credit. The game has been on my radar ever since they released it. I might wait a little bit and see if LRG puts out a physical copy. If not, I'll suck it up and just buy the digital one. I've got lots of other stuff to play in the meanwhile. Maybe if I wait long enough it will go on sale.  :cheers: