Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME LocoZ31 Vewlix Style  (Read 10285 times)

bad_boo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2022, 10:33:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: MAME LocoZ31 Vewlix Style
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 07:00:21 am »
for your first build it looks pretty good, mistakes and all, i still make mistakes now and it's my fourth bartop  just try and learn from them for the next one :)
Thanks for your comment.
Yes you are right, if I was to do it again, I know where I messed up. For now, just trying to cover those mistakes lol

And thanks again for your words of encouragement.
Cheers

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

bad_boo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2022, 10:33:09 pm
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 11:24:28 am »
You probably have this.

Top bearing bits are not common, and you have to normally order those.

Clamp your acrylic to your cp, lower the bit so the bearing rides along the CP and the blade hits the acrylic, the blade only need to be no more than 3/16 of an inch below the acrylic.

you can also use this same technique for your button holes, use the step down bit to make the hole the use the flush bit to clean it up, perfect holes every time and no tear out.
Just wanted to comment that I tried this and it worked very very well. I used that bit on my router and trimmed the holes and to borders of the CP, and  did it well. I was worried that it could crack the acrylic but not at all, it cut smoothly.... I even made the holes for the trackball and the cup holders with this.

For that acrylic that I will install for the screen, I will definitely go this way.

mdqjr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2019, 09:46:46 pm
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2019, 11:23:17 am »
Hey - I love this cabinet.  I have been wanting to build a combination between a vewlix and a stand up machine for a while now.

Can you post the plans so that I can see the dimensions?  I would definitely appreciate it.