Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Export from Sketchup to Gimp????  (Read 2803 times)

FALSE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 08:13:59 pm
Export from Sketchup to Gimp????
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:07:20 pm »
This is probably a stupid question but I'm trying to fumble through some art.
I've modeled my cab in Sketchup.
Is it possible to export just like the side panel shape and get it into Gimp so I have a full size image of my cabinet panel to work with?

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
Re: Export from Sketchup to Gimp????
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:54:21 am »
I struggled with that as well at first. What you should do is right click on the surface you want to focus on for your 2D and choose align view. Then choose export as 2D (not sure if this is possible without the Pro version of Sketchup) and find export as PDF (from top of my head) so dimensions will stay as is (always check on dimensions in a later phase - might be one of the other file types that kept the dimensions). Then import in Gimp or a vector based program.

Might not be the exact steps, as it's from top of my head, but you should be able to manage with this I guess.

FALSE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:19:21 pm »
I struggled with that as well at first. What you should do is right click on the surface you want to focus on for your 2D and choose align view. Then choose export as 2D (not sure if this is possible without the Pro version of Sketchup) and find export as PDF (from top of my head) so dimensions will stay as is (always check on dimensions in a later phase - might be one of the other file types that kept the dimensions). Then import in Gimp or a vector based program.

Might not be the exact steps, as it's from top of my head, but you should be able to manage with this I guess.

Thanks, looks like the free version isn't compatible unfortunately.

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 05:20:26 am »

You can download Pro as a 30 day trial as far as I know. It is fully functional!

FALSE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:44 pm »

You can download Pro as a 30 day trial as far as I know. It is fully functional!

I will look into that. Thanks again!