Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Finished writing another RPG book.  (Read 2741 times)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Finished writing another RPG book.
« on: August 21, 2018, 12:59:25 pm »
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
Re: Finished writing another RPG book.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 11:36:14 am »
Hey Paige,

I could totally use my friend google and do some research but I am messed up as of late and can't look at screens for long without getting massive headaches. I read the synopsis on the site and it makes me think that this is part of something that was much bigger. Would you kindly give me the run down of what it's all about?

JMB

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2023, 07:29:22 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 02:33:23 pm »
I just finished writing another RPG book, or something like that.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paige-oliver/red-box-fantasy-unfinished-unedited-and-unofficial/paperback/product-23768626.html

Very cool. Do you only offer print versions due to how easy it would be to have pdf's from something like RPGNow pirated?

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 02:53:35 pm »
Yes, it is an add on book to my "Red Box Fantasy" roleplaying game. Red Box Fantasy is a licensed reworking of the old Dungeons and Dragons concepts and rules. The PDF versions of the rules are free on my author spotlight. This book however is print-only for the time being.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/paigeoliver

To have it all in print format you buy both the Red Box Triple Threat book and Red Box Fantasy: Unfinished, Unedited and Unofficial. Total is $54.85 and there is a 10 percent off promo code right now LULU10. To compare you would be in at least $130 buying the current version of Dungeons and Dragons and one big supplement on Amazon.

JMB. I will likely offer this in PDF eventually. But I just feel it works better in print. It is almost 600 pages and jumping around a document that size (as you tend to in game books) is awkward in any reader. Also, I sort of wanted the big fans of the system to actually buy the book before it shows up on a torrent.

Hey Paige,

I could totally use my friend google and do some research but I am messed up as of late and can't look at screens for long without getting massive headaches. I read the synopsis on the site and it makes me think that this is part of something that was much bigger. Would you kindly give me the run down of what it's all about?
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:53:10 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:00:26 pm »
I will have to check that out. I played in High School. 2nd Edition.

My son just started playing with some friends at school. They are using the 5th edition.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 03:10:43 pm »
You're sitting with your friends at a table near the fire in a tavern.  A mysterious stranger stands up and approaches your group.  He begins to speak of a mystical object and offers a reward to a band of heroes brave enough to find it.

ROLE DISE

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 12:24:27 pm »
I have added a contest to win a free copy on the game's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/redboxfantasy/

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:23:15 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 04:19:24 am »
 ;D

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981