Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ond wanders back into BYOAC .....  (Read 7863 times)

Ond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 05:08:11 pm
Ond wanders back into BYOAC .....
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:54:33 pm »
G'day folks, I'm back on the boards here after a self imposed exile of some months i.e.  I left the forum and requested account deletion.  Nice that that deletion wasn't actioned by Mods.  I've been working on projects and did consider just blogging them for my own purposes but hey, why not start again here?  I don't want to clutter up project threads with why's or boring personal stuff.  Project threads are for the GOOD stuff  ;D, and good stuff there will be.

So if anyone got noses out of joint, butts hurt or other cos Ond did a "Tully" feel free to punch me here.

If you are like "huh?  who's this guy?"  Then nothing to see here, move on and have a luverly day.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:22:05 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Ond wanders back into BYOAC .....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »
I am glad you are back. You have contributed a lot to this forum, and I am sure you have a lot more to contribute.

Your reasons for leaving are not anyone else's business.

I am glad that your posts were not deleted. I never understand why people would do that. It creates a mess for everyone else.

I look forward to seeing your next project. And I look forward to getting pointers on my work from a more talented builder.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:00:35 am by Mike A »

thatpurplestuff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:27:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 09:33:38 pm »
Welcome back Ond, your contributions have been missed!

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:49:24 pm »
You do know, now that you've come back to the forums, you have to come back to Zapcon as well! :cheers:
%Bartop

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 09:52:50 pm »
Brotherman Ond, we’ve been worried about you, my friend!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Pixelhugger

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:52:27 pm
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:15 pm »
I believe a perpetual Ojigi is in order.
Project mega thread HERE

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:49 pm »
ugh, so hard to keep this secret but I did it!

Welcome back!
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 03:04:25 am »
Welcome back, Ond!

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 05:09:48 am »
What??

God that's ---smurfing--- weird.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 06:51:33 am »
I couldn't bring myself to delete your account - welcome back dude :)

G'day folks, I'm back on the boards here after a self imposed exile of some months i.e.  I left the forum and requested account deletion.  Nice that that deletion wasn't actioned by Mods. 
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 07:58:00 am »
Welcome back Ond.  :cheers:

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 09:49:30 am »
Geez, thanks peoples, I gotta say I feel pretty damned good after your welcomes  :-[ I really mean that.  I thought I'd be taking a bit of flak for leaving in a ---smurfy--- kind of way.  I've been on this forum (on and off) for around nine years or so, so an apology is owed by me for causing any concern or confusion.  Having actually met some of you made me want to get involved with the forum again I think.  That and getting excited about building stuff again.

@ Mike A - Thanks, many of my posts were deleted by me after photobucket left my project threads mangled, without the images to go with the words, I felt pretty disillusioned about it.  I did repair the Metropolis build thread by moving all the images onto the forum and I'm glad I did that, I still have plans for that design.

@thatpurplestuff - Thanks, I'm looking forward to contributing once again.

@ Neph - Zapcon is on my mind ...again.

@ yots - Sorry bro.

@ Pixelhugger - sure thing  :notworthy: Ha! gotcha!

@ Malenko - thanks for the talks, I think I have that trinket sorted.....

@nexusmtz - thanks mate.

@Ian - was it Malenko that weirded you out, or just my whole dumb attempt to say sorry to BYOAC bros and sisters?

@saint - thank you, I really appreciate you not zapping me into nothingness.    :cheers:

@gamepimp - thanks! I'm looking forward to being in the Project Announcements zone once more.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:58:34 pm by Ond »

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 10:58:24 am »
Welcome back :) pull up a chair and stay a while, Not much has changed in your absence but it sure is good to see you back here.

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 05:01:19 pm »
Geez, thanks peoples, I gotta say I feel pretty damned good after your welcomes  :-[ I really mean that.  I thought I'd be taking a bit of flak for leaving in a ---smurfy--- kind of way.  I've been on this forum (on and off) for around nine years or so, so an apology is owed by me for causing any concern or confusion.  Having actually met some of you made me want to get involved with the forum again I think.  That and getting excited about building stuff again.

@ Mike A - Thanks, many of my posts were deleted by me after photobucket left my project threads mangled, without the images to go with the words, I felt pretty disillusioned about it.  I did repair the Metropolis build thread by moving all the images onto the forum and I'm glad I did that, I still have plans for that design.

@thatpurplestuff - Thanks, I'm looking forward to contributing once again.

@ Neph - Zapcon is on my mind ...again.

@ yots - Sorry bro.

@ Pixelhugger - sure thing  :notworthy: Ha! gotcha!

@ Malenko - thanks for the talks, I think I have that trinket sorted.....

@nexusmtz - thanks mate.

@Ian - was it Malenko that weirded you out, or just my whole dumb attempt to say sorry to BYOAC bros and gals?

@saint - thank you, I really appreciate you not zapping me into nothingness.    :cheers:

@gamepimp - thanks! I'm looking forward to being in the Project Announcements zone once more.

Your dumb attempt. (Malenko weirds me out every day so that isn't new). How could you nuke your posts that help make this hobby so special? And then come back after a few months? It's odd. It hurts the community eliminating all the great things you created and shared over the years. But whatever man, I still love you it's just dumb arcade games. Just don't do it again, even if you have another online crisis, I'm serious even if your world is turned upside down, don't hurt the site, and the knowledge. When Alexandria's library burned it set back civilization 1500 years, with your nuke you set us back like 6 days! ;)
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 05:23:38 pm »
Welcome back :) pull up a chair and stay a while, Not much has changed in your absence but it sure is good to see you back here.

Thanks, I think there still are some good builders here, some active, some sleeping.  I paid no attention to these boards for months then I started lurking a bit and read with interest about "lack of innovation" and such.  I'm going to take the time to really look closely at current builds and ideas.  There's a bit of lull for sure but I think the hobby could really gain momentum with a generation that never new Arcade machines or even consoles.  I'm back here to add my own spin on it.

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 05:55:55 pm »

Your dumb attempt. (Malenko weirds me out every day so that isn't new). How could you nuke your posts that help make this hobby so special? And then come back after a few months? It's odd. It hurts the community eliminating all the great things you created and shared over the years. But whatever man, I still love you it's just dumb arcade games. Just don't do it again, even if you have another online crisis, I'm serious even if your world is turned upside down, don't hurt the site, and the knowledge. When Alexandria's library burned it set back civilization 1500 years, with your nuke you set us back like 6 days! ;)

Fair enough Ian, only 6 days? Heh.  Whilst nuking posts is NOT ok, there is some difference between deleting posts in a childish rage whilst throwing your beer at the screen and what I did.  The former is just spite right?  I removed mine because without the accompanying images the words made little sense.  The idea of trying to restore some 40+ pages in one thread alone really depressed me.

I considered hosting images on a paid site for future use but I'll use the standard approach for image hosting on BYOAC from now on. Hosting images here might seem like a no brainer but the site has had its own share of outages and server failures, so for long term security paid hosting does have merit.  Photobucket failed me and others.  Ah well. I will be sharing again and revisiting much of the stuff I contributed. That is also why I returned, to make good.  OK?

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 06:01:49 pm »
Welcome back brother!  I'm really glad you've decided to return.  Hope your time away was fruitful? :cheers:

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 06:12:35 pm »
Welcome back brother!  I'm really glad you've decided to return.  Hope your time away was fruitful? :cheers:

Thanks mate, it was fruitful in terms of me taking a good hard look at myself and at my projects.  If I had my time over I would have just dissapeared for a bit and taken a break.  That said there is a certain freedom that comes when you think you've left the interwebs and forums behind for good.  I'm going to post up a new thread for my Retro-future cab -reborn.

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 06:32:45 pm »

Fair enough Ian, only 6 days? Heh.  Whilst nuking posts is NOT ok, there is some difference between deleting posts in a childish rage whilst throwing your beer at the screen and what I did.  The former is just spite right?  I removed mine because without the accompanying images the words made little sense.  The idea of trying to restore some 40+ pages in one thread alone really depressed me.

I considered hosting images on a paid site for future use but I'll use the standard approach for image hosting on BYOAC from now on. Hosting images here might seem like a no brainer but the site has had its own share of outages and server failures, so for long term security paid hosting does have merit.  Photobucket failed me and others.  Ah well. I will be sharing again and revisiting much of the stuff I contributed. That is also why I returned, to make good.  OK?

:cheers:

TacoTownCharlie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 06:24:40 pm
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2018, 08:27:47 pm »
Welcome back. We have a new hard cider bar here in Mesa (home of Zapcon), Cider Corps. I'll buy you a welcome back pint when you're in town.
TacoTownCharlie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2018, 08:30:23 pm »
Ond AND TacoTownCharlie in the same day??? What a country!!!

TacoTownCharlie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 06:24:40 pm
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2018, 08:38:05 pm »
Some days it's all I can do to lift my head off the bar, let the bartender wipe up the sweat and drool and check the BYOAC Tapatalk threads :)
TTC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 08:41:09 pm »
Welcome back OND!

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 09:08:33 pm »
Welcome back, Ond.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:17:46 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2018, 09:47:11 pm »
Didn’t have a chance to read your posts before you left, but came to understand how epic your builds were and the contributions to the community.  Very much looking forward to reading about any future projects!!

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 09:55:40 pm »
Welcome back!

I’m ready to see some innovation.

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 12:23:46 am »
Good to have you back my friend! It has been a bit lonely without your madcap genius around here.  :cheers:

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 01:24:15 am »
Ond! Welcome back friend.  You were a great inspiration (and education) for me, right as I decided to jump in.  I'm so stoked to see you back with new energy.  Be well and never trust photobuckets again.  :cheers:

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 02:44:33 am »
OMG, TULLY CAME BACK!!!.... (I Mean OND IS BACK!) *Jennifer throws her Pop Tart at the cat, checks her hair, and starts some party plans.... Hey Saint zip me up please, OMG Its all happening!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 08:25:23 am »
(Malenko weirds me out every day so that isn't new)

Awwwwwwww mannnnn /kicks the dirt

Ond back has me wanting to update my build threads, Charlie being back make me want a Taco.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

jimdeprado

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 11:21:42 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 09:45:52 am »
Welcome back OND!  It doesn't matter why you left, I am glad that you are back.  I can't wait to see what you have been doing.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 09:56:46 am »
OMG, TULLY CAME BACK!!!.... (I Mean OND IS BACK!) *Jennifer throws her Pop Tart at the cat, checks her hair, and starts some party plans.... Hey Saint zip me up please, OMG Its all happening!

So that's what you call it, huh? Pop Tart...
%Bartop

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 10:09:54 am »
I'll say one thing for this forum, there may be problems but when the mood is good it makes me want to do the best work that I can do.  Not just for the approval of other members though everyone likes the back pats.  I mean you just get tougher with your own standards; the critical eye gets just that little bit more squinty.  Attention to detail, that's what I love seeing in other people’s projects.

@ TacoTownCharlie – That sounds mighty nice, it would be great to visit again. My wife is making noises about going to Zapcon with me if I go again.

@ DaOld Man – Thank you sir

@ dmckean – Thanks, your Avatar makes me want to re-visit an In and Out burger.

@ Arroyo – Thanks and welcome to the forum!

@ leapinlew – Thanks bro, I’ve kicked off the innovation as requested.

@ Vigo -  Thanks mate, it’s been kinda lonely working on projects away from the forum as well.

@ JudgeRob –Thanks, I’m glad that I was of some use to your own project, yeah bloody photobucket – sods.

@ jennifer – Ahh jennifer where would we be without your wacky good self? I’m glad you’re glad to see me back here.  I’m going to buy myself a new top-notch spray gun and regulator and call it Jenn.  If we ever meet count on a hug from me.

@ jimdeprado – thanks, stay tuned for creative stuff.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:04:30 pm by Ond »

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2018, 11:34:07 am »
Watch out though. I've got a build coming that might make you regret showing your face around here (just joking I'm actually scared to use my router now that I'm all messed up but I have a teeny tiny project in the works.)

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2018, 08:54:38 pm »
Watch out though. I've got a build coming that might make you regret showing your face around here (just joking I'm actually scared to use my router now that I'm all messed up but I have a teeny tiny project in the works.)

It's great that you're keeping your hand in the hobby my friend.  Can't keep a good man down!

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 09:43:39 pm »
Ond, Arroyo is planning to tentatively attend ZapCon next year. It’s Cinco de Mayo weekend next year. And the dress code is 80s half shirts. Work on those abs, gentlemen!

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2018, 09:45:09 pm »
Oh man, you really don't want to see me in an 80s half shirt.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 09:56:58 pm »

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2018, 10:04:39 pm »
I'm up for the challenge,  that shirt would look bloody wierd on 50+ year old but whateva.  I'm looking pretty damn lean these days probably better then Neph from the neck down  :lol

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2018, 10:19:00 pm »
You could pull it off, Brother!