Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: D9410 horizontal issue after repair  (Read 1233 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
D9410 horizontal issue after repair
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:16:17 am »
I'm repairing a D9410 that had a mass failure in the SMPS and horizontal drive sections. I have replaced a number of components and have the chassis mostly running, but have an issue with the horizontal size being smashed down and not adjustable.

The unit was presenting with zero activity absolutely dead, and after replacing the SMPS drive mosfet and driver chip,(Q501, IC501) found a pile of horizontal deflection parts blown/shorted (D213, D211, Q207, Q206, ZD201)

The unit is now displaying an image that properly fills the screen vertically, but is only filling the screen center horizontally about 1/2 width. adjusting the H-size results in zero change.

I've been checking and rechecking resistors, capacitors, and diodes in the IC201 deflection IC processor outputs and inputs for the horizontal stages trying to find an issue but cannot find the source.

If you have any ideas where I might look next, any help would be greatly appreciated.

itsdanik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2019, 03:36:38 pm
Re: D9410 horizontal issue after repair
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:17:46 pm »
Is the image centered, or is it shifted?
I'm troubleshooting a similar problem in an MTC900/E ATM (width controls work, but position controls don't), and from what I gather, power delivery to the HOT can cause all sorts of horizontal deflection problems, so maybe you could check on that, too?

Also, check this nice guide for all sorts of CRT monitor troubleshooting tips

https://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_monfaq.html

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: D9410 horizontal issue after repair
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 03:30:51 pm »
yes, it's centered properly.

yeah normally i'd suspect some kind of open condition on the S correction capacitor circuit, but this particular chassis is all microprocessor controlled. I'm suspecting some kind of feedback is off.

seems like the V EW-DC bias voltage on the EWOut being higher narrows the width... need to find the cause.