Main > Software Forum

Keyboard2Xinput (Virtual X360 pads from keyboard)

<< < (2/33) > >>

neohusky:
WOW!
What a find. I canít wait to try this out in the usual Steam games as well as injustice 2.

TheManuel:

--- Quote from: Schwing on August 17, 2018, 02:46:12 pm ---
* simple mapping file as configuration (one key = one button/axis)
--- End quote ---
Hello, again.

I started migrating all my PC games from vjoy to this app and so far, so good.  I just wonder if your comment above implies that it is not possible to map one keyboard key to two xinput buttons.  This is not something I was using in my vjoy setup but would be a nice bonus.

Also, very minor but, in your computer, does the tray icon persist after you close the app?  It does in mine.

Regards.

getnbizzy:

--- Quote from: TheManuel on August 23, 2018, 08:51:34 pm ---Schwing:

I must congratulate you on this piece of software.  I found it easy to install and very simple to use.  I will use it to retrofit all my fighting games if vjoy ever stops working.  I also like how the ini file uses xbox controller button names which makes the mapping easier.

Alas, it did not resolve my problem with Injustice 2 but this is in no way the fault of your program.  That game apparently refuses to work well with keyboards, no matter how the inputs are translated. 

If ever you become interested in that game and use your software to enable your control panel, make sure to check that button double presses work correctly, particularly light attack + heavy attack, which equates to the throw function.  If you manage to find a solution I would be very interested in it.

Best regards and thanks again for posting this here.

--- End quote ---

I don't have injustice 2 so i'm not much help there, but have you tried blocking the specific keys that you have mapped? I'm thinking the game is seeing both your keyboard inputs as well as dinput/xinput inputs simultaneously. I think vjoy has an option to block the keystrokes, so if you haven't already i'd start there. If the game works fine with game controllers then it has to be related to the mixture of xinput and keystrokes. If vjoy doesn't block the keys then maybe there's a way to run a batch along with the game exe. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

TheManuel:

--- Quote from: getnbizzy on January 08, 2019, 07:48:10 pm ---I don't have injustice 2 so i'm not much help there, but have you tried blocking the specific keys that you have mapped? I'm thinking the game is seeing both your keyboard inputs as well as dinput/xinput inputs simultaneously. I think vjoy has an option to block the keystrokes, so if you haven't already i'd start there. If the game works fine with game controllers then it has to be related to the mixture of xinput and keystrokes. If vjoy doesn't block the keys then maybe there's a way to run a batch along with the game exe. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

--- End quote ---

It's a good lead but, while I'm slowly converting my fighting games to keyboard2xinput, I'm still using vjoy for Injustice 2 with key blocking and everything, and the problem is still there.  In fact, that is what let me to this other method after trying a couple of others.  They all have the same issue with this game so I don't think it is related to key blocking.

getnbizzy:

--- Quote ---It's a good lead but, while I'm slowly converting my fighting games to keyboard2xinput, I'm still using vjoy for Injustice 2 with key blocking and everything, and the problem is still there.  In fact, that is what let me to this other method after trying a couple of others.  They all have the same issue with this game so I don't think it is related to key blocking.

--- End quote ---
Another thing I read yesterday that vjoy key blocking doesn't work on windows 7 or vista. Hopefully someone figures it out soon because I too would like to have this game. Right now I'm testing the new keyboard encoder from xgaming. It has xinput and dinput modes and works great in the pc games I've tested so far. Andy really needs to update the ipac to do this too. Another thing you can try is the paclink adapter that connects to your ipac and then makes it a dinput(maybe xinput cant remember) usb controller. I know of some people that prefer to use the ipac this way instead. Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version