Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Win11 & Keyboard2XInput "Divide" not working  (Read 196 times)

slikrik98

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 10:28:27 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Win11 & Keyboard2XInput "Divide" not working
« on: April 04, 2024, 07:33:57 pm »
I have a 4-player arcade cabinet and for my Steam-based games, I use Keyboard2XInput to emulate xbox controllers from my Xtension controller panel.

In trying to configure TMNT Shredder's Revenge, I noticed that the Pad 3 button wasn't working in-game. This button triggers the "/" (forward slash) key, which I'm assuming is what the Keyboard2XInput refers to as "Divide". I can't seem to figure out why this keystroke is not resulting in an Xbox button press (Y in my case)
  • I've confirmed that "Divide" appears nowhere else in my .ini file
  • Using the actual keyboard attached to the PC -- and not the Xtension controller -- has the same result.
  • "Divide" is (by default) mapped to "enableToggle" which I confirmed also doesn't work
  • I've tested this out with https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad and this confirms that the Y button is not pressed

Am I mistaken that "/" and "Divide" are the same thing? If yes, how do I reference forward-slash in my K2X ini file?

slikrik98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 10:28:27 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Win11 & Keyboard2XInput "Divide" not working
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 11:42:42 am »
For anyone who may run into this problem in the future: the "/" forward slash key is actually referenced in Keyboard2Xinput via the "OemQuestion" key, not "Divide".

Schwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:28:26 am
Re: Win11 & Keyboard2XInput "Divide" not working
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 01:47:06 pm »
Hi, for anyone struggling with key names :

You can find which name k2xi sees for this key by turning logs to debug: Edit the Keyboard2XinputGui.exe.config and change
Code: [Select]
<level value="Info" /> (line28) to
<level value="Debug" />
Launch k2xi, then mash the key multiple times, just to be sure (and only this key to help diagnosis), then exit k2xi. Open the k2xi.log file, and look for lines like these:
2024-04-05 19:28:02,393 [1] WARN  Keyboard2XinputLib.Keyboard2Xinput- unmapped button NumPad9The part after "unmapped button" (yes this is poorly named...) is the name of the key that was pressed and that k2xi expects in the mapping.ini file.

Don't forget to set the logs to Info again afterwards, as this could impact games performance (debug is very verbose).

Hope this helps !