Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Toei CM-R14 in a Space Invaders Pt2  (Read 1170 times)

BaldiGit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2018, 01:27:59 pm
  • How do they know Rome wasn't built in a day..??
Toei CM-R14 in a Space Invaders Pt2
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:46:43 am »
Hi All'
I've got a Toei CM-R14 monitor chassis in a Space Invaders Part 2. It's not been used for a long time and stored in someone's garage for a while.

When we first got to it, it had high voltage, but all we got on the screen was a green smudge. I recapped the it and cleaned up the board, then reinstalled it. We got a bright image with retrace lines on the screen, so I tried turning down the Screen pot. The scan lines retreated, but then it went into HV shutdown.

But, turning the screen up again and restarting, it came up, again bright with retrace lines..... Tried adjusting other pots but they where scratchy and dirty. So shut down the machine and cleaned them all with switch cleaner.
But now it comes on for a second and "click" it goes into HV shut down...??? No amount of adjustment seems to help, now I'm Confused.

Measuring on one end of the large regulator resistor I get 115V B+ which goes up as it goes into shut down.

My questions are....

Any clues where to delve into the board?
And does anyone know what the B+ is supposed to be?

BaldiGit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2018, 01:27:59 pm
  • How do they know Rome wasn't built in a day..??
Re: Toei CM-R14 in a Space Invaders Pt2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 04:00:07 pm »
Well I found it myself and just in case some other poor sod finds this link.

The B+ is 110V measured across capacitor C86 and adjusted at VR11.