Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nsm grand performer 2  (Read 2202 times)

454ls6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 09:09:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Nsm grand performer 2
« on: August 16, 2018, 03:18:17 pm »
Lots of problems. Can't find anyone that works on these machines.  Problem with the mechanism that pulls out the cds. It's out of the machine but needs to be repaired or replaced. My amp has started to hum . When you turn the volume control the unit seems to short.....it shows all 7`s on the display and all the motors in the machine "flutter" anyone sell replacement parts or mail order repairs?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:40:51 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Nsm grand performer 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:49:14 pm »
lots of problems indeed. but possibly all related.

I'd be looking into a power supply issue in regards to the display being weird. check the DC voltages and make sure they aren't low... but also check those voltages with your voltmeter set to AC...this will tell you if there is ripple in the voltages. I would suspect anything over 25mvAC on low current DC rails and around 100mv AC on the high current ones indicating the filter capacitors in the main power supply/amp board aging and needing replacement.

since this amp is also powered by the same transformer assembly as the rest it makes sense you hear noise from the amp if this is the case.

the computer in these machines is VERY susceptible to power fluctuations. if the power is dirty, it will do all kinds of things...reset...freeze... it has to be clean power.

the CD mech typically just needs to be cleaned. there are quite a few optical sensors...if they get dirty, it's will get lost in it's multi step procedure to move the trays in and out. you have to hand it to the germans for over engineering the crap out of things to make them stupid complicated.

454ls6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 09:09:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Nsm grand performer 2
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:20:13 pm »
Problem with the CD selector is that something broke inside. I need a diagram of the selector to see what's broken or missing