Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nintendo Playchoice 10 available locally  (Read 2280 times)

yo1dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 10:48:49 am
    • MikeArcade
Nintendo Playchoice 10 available locally
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:46:10 am »
Some guy near me is selling a Nintendo Playchoice 10 cabinet +2 of the games for $850:
https://austin.craigslist.org/vgm/d/playchoice-10-nintendo-arcade/6660156031.html

I seem to recall this cabinet being rare, but I don't remember. It looks a little beat up. What do y'all think?

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: Nintendo Playchoice 10 available locally
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:57:57 am »
I wouldn't call them rare, but they tend to be sought after. No idea what the going rate is for one in the States, but $850 for that one sounds a little on the high side, to me.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:21:01 am »
The bigger concern with that cabinet is that it looks like the cone buttons on the upper control panel area are missing and drilled out for normal buttons.

Price isn't really out of line considering that those monitors and the Playchoice motherboard are each worth $200 each, $50 each on the games and you are already at $700.

Hipster Nes collectors drove up the prices of Nes stuff so high that it eventually started dragging up the prices of the Nes based arcade hardware too. Vs. Cabinets, Red Tents, and even Playchoices used to basically just be filler trash. Vs. games were hard to sell for more than $100. Red tents were just boat anchors that auctioneers begged people to buy at any price, and fully loaded dual playchoices were nothing special and did not bring high dollar
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 04:34:58 pm »
What he said.  Since the NES only outputs composite at best, console collectors often buy playchoice and vs stuff to essentially get an rgb nes.  Here's hoping that recent developments like the rgb nes mods and the nes classic drive the price back down. 

Myself I think it's about twice as much as I'd pay for one, but that is the going rate in most areas. 

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 09:42:06 pm »
On the plus side you can get a Nes cart adapter and a Power Pak and get the entire Nes library on the thing. That is what I did with mine.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 11:55:26 pm »
Since you've done that lest me ask you a question.  What about the odd-ball games that require a zapper or a power pad, ect?  Is there a way to get them working with some sort of input adapter?

bigster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 08:24:40 pm
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 06:06:59 am »
There is a zapper for the pc10, and also a way to add a zapper.  Not sure about a power pad doubt anyone ever wanted that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 11:01:38 pm »
Since you've done that lest me ask you a question.  What about the odd-ball games that require a zapper or a power pad, ect?  Is there a way to get them working with some sort of input adapter?

Mine has a gun, and it is easy to add a gun if it doesn't have one. However, the Nes doesn't really have any good gun games in my opinion and I literally never play any of them. I don't think the power pad will work. The arcade hardware is expecting specific switches to be closes and reads them in a dumb fashion like Atari 2600 and Genesis, however the actual Nes console has a chip in the controller and sends actual data.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 11:25:40 pm »
I figured it was something like that, but I wanted to make sure.  Thanks for the info. 

yo1dog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 10:48:49 am
    • MikeArcade
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 09:07:59 am »
Yea if the goal is RGB output from NES, there are way easier/better solutions than a PC10. The RGB mod is pretty easy. Also, there is the AVS.

I am passing. Thanks for the info guys!