Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The DuckTales reboot is awesome  (Read 2025 times)

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
The DuckTales reboot is awesome
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »
Anyone watching this?

It's coming up on the last episode of the first season, and it's been excellent.  I love the art style, the more edgy/angular look, the darker shadow contrast and their very subtle use of 3D objects/landscapes made to look 2D drawn. 

They really defined the different character personalities with the triplets, and have some relationship themes that seem pretty complex for young audiences.  Actually I would say the show is geared towards young adults TBH, similar feeling to Avatar the Last Airbender where they insert some pretty real, dark subject matter juxtaposed with humor and light tones.
The show is just excellent, and has hooked me into the multiple overarching story-lines. It's a full season's worth of episodes, and they're definitely making a season 2. Check it out, I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this show. IMO it's fantastic!

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
Re: The DuckTales reboot is awesome
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 02:47:29 pm »
I've only watched the pilot, but really enjoyed it. I hope they'll put it on Netflix or Hulu. Hulu does have Gravity Falls, which is a Disney XD series (and is one of the best series ever).

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 02:58:08 pm »
Yes I mentioned how good the series was several months ago when the first episode was previewed... all I got were some grumbles from the peanut gallery.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 03:11:58 pm »
Yes I mentioned how good the series was several months ago when the first episode was previewed... all I got were some grumbles from the peanut gallery.
More like silence from the peanut gallery. I just found your thread, 2 replies that don't really talk about the show...

Anyway, are you up to date with the episodes?  The last few have been pretty dark (and awesome!).

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 05:55:13 pm »
I've tried to, but honestly I just haven't had the time.  I think I've only saw about 5 or 6 total, but I liked them all.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 12:46:13 pm »
I'll download the whole season when its up on IPT and give it a go.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 04:52:50 pm »
The only one of the original I remember was the Alien Nation-style story. Mainly the 'SQUISH SQUASH SQUISH SQUASH' when the squash guard came on the scene. I watched it enough, though. The theme was cute, and the animation and color palette great. Those kinds of things are supposed to be fun, not adult.