Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels is sooooooo good!  (Read 2547 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
Star Wars: Rebels is sooooooo good!
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:53:34 am »
If you haven't watched Star Wars Rebels yet (and you like Star Wars) I definitely recommend checking it out.  My son and I are about to finish up with Season 2 (no spoilers!) and we absolutely love it.  Lots of character development, cool call backs and ties to the original trilogy (and the Clone Wars), lots of action and the sound is fantastic.  I already bought Season 3 and I'll pick up Season 4 as soon as we get close.  Anyone else watch it?

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Star Wars: Rebels is sooooooo good!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 12:01:54 pm »
We watched every episode and I agree it is fantastic. The final few episodes of the series were easily better than The Last Jedi.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 01:47:50 pm »
We watched every episode and I agree it is fantastic. The final few episodes of the series were easily better than The Last Jedi.

The final few episodes of Season 2 are shaping up to be better than The Last Jedi!

B2K24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2023, 09:33:05 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:08:22 am »
Watching paint dry is better than The Last Jedi

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 09:40:09 am »
Watching paint dry is better than The Last Jedi

LMAO.  When I saw The Last Jedi in the theater I liked it - thought it was VERY flawed but it had a few really cool scenes that I thought would get better over time.  I've seen it twice since and it is slowly going down the list of favorite SW movies.  I think I might end up liking the prequel trilogy more... even Episode II, which seems impossible. 

Watching Rebels makes it so obvious that Rian Johnson has no idea what Star Wars is about and there was no plan on what the characters should be doing i the second act of the story.  You can tell that the people that work on Rebels are Star Wars FANS first and it shows in the quality.  Each episode has a short "Rebels Recon" segment to go along with it and they ask the producers questions and they have insight into everything.  Obvious thought goes into everything they put on the screen not only within the show but within the entire universe as a whole.  They try to make it all make sense in a larger context.  I am dumbfounded that with TLJ there was no outline that Rian Johnson had to follow.  It is so out of place with the rest of the movies.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 10:19:06 am »
You can tell that the people that work on Rebels are Star Wars FANS first and it shows in the quality.  Each episode has a short "Rebels Recon" segment to go along with it and they ask the producers questions and they have insight into everything.  Obvious thought goes into everything they put on the screen not only within the show but within the entire universe as a whole.  They try to make it all make sense in a larger context. 

I agree.  You can tell the producers love Star Wars and wanted to create something special and fun with Rebels.  They even brought in some characters from the original Timothy Zahn trilogy of books.

Rebels is the show I wanted as a kid since the artwork/design is all based on Ralph McQuarrie's original conceptual work he did for A New Hope.  The show is beautiful to watch.

I am dumbfounded that with TLJ there was no outline that Rian Johnson had to follow.  It is so out of place with the rest of the movies.
This is my biggest problem with the new movies.  They should have had episodes 7,8 & 9 mapped out and just hired directors to shoot them.  Somewhat like what is done with Marvel.    Rain Johnson should not have had the leeway that he did.

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:53:49 pm »

::)
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 10:08:47 pm »
Just finished Season 2 and WOW!!!  It was incredible.  This (and the Vader comic) are the best Star Wars things I've seen in a long time... OK, Rogue One too - I liked that a lot (I liked how they name dropped Saw Gerrera in an earlier episode).  What a great show.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 10:07:27 am »
Just finished Season 2 and WOW!!!  It was incredible.  This (and the Vader comic) are the best Star Wars things I've seen in a long time... OK, Rogue One too - I liked that a lot (I liked how they name dropped Saw Gerrera in an earlier episode).  What a great show.

Where does the Vader comic fit into the timeline?  Any references to Rebels?

I liked Rogue One a lot as well.  The synergy with Rebels worked with the story and didn't seem forced.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 01:53:41 pm »

Where does the Vader comic fit into the timeline?  Any references to Rebels?

I liked Rogue One a lot as well.  The synergy with Rebels worked with the story and didn't seem forced.

The Vader comic takes place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.  It is about Vader's obsession with finding out who the rebel pilot was that took down the Death Star and also about having to face the Emperor after his huge failure at the end of the movie.  There are some new characters that are fantastic and the 2 new droids (Triple Zero and Bee-Tee) might be better than Chopper if that's even possible.  It is great and I highly recommend it.