Main > Woodworking

Which CNC kit for bartop arcade build?

(1/3) > >>

drabina:
After finding complete CNC cabinet kits online, I have ditched my plans to build the cabinet on my own. Also, since I will be building with my 9 year old, a kit would be a lot better (read: faster). Anyway, there are few kit makers and I would appreciate any help in choosing one that would be good for a tabletop arcade based on Raspberry Pi. One option is the basic $95 kit from Game Room Solutions. Another one that I found is the $165 Degenatron from Haruman's Customs. As this is my first build, I just need a basic kit that I can paint or maybe go with melamine and add t-moulding only. Maybe some stickers down the road. Any recommendations for one over the other? Worth paying double for the Degenatron? Is there a better alternative than these two? I just know that with kits starting at less than $100, I am not building from scratch. :-)

bollwerk:
I haven't used either, but I see Haruman getting glowing reviews. while I see more mixed reviews for Game Room Solutions.

I would say ... you get what you pay for.

yotsuya:
I’ve built a few of HaRuMaN’s kits. Solid dude and stands behind his work. You get what you pay for.

drabina:
I did pull a trigger on the Game Room Solutions kit with some upgrades. Just because Haruman's kits have 4 week processing time. GRS kit was purchased today, shipped couple of hours later and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday. I will report back on the quality once I get the kit.

Mike A:
You will regret that decision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version