Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HELP - U360 Rotary Upgrade  (Read 1015 times)

LocknLoad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2018, 09:34:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
HELP - U360 Rotary Upgrade
« on: October 28, 2018, 08:43:18 am »
Hi,

I am loosing the will to live. I figure I must be doing something wrong but have run out of ideas. Lost hours on this.... :banghead:

I have two brand new U360 - never been installed.
I ordered rotary upgrade kits for both, along with restrictor plates and stiff springs.

I cannot fit the longer shaft on the joystick without the bottom spring plastic holder hitting the restrictor basically allowing for next to no joystick movement.
I have verified that there is a substantial difference in length between the spring clamp groove and the mounting bracket protrusion between the two handles.

I can fit the restrictor onto the standard joystick handle without any issue but need ideas or direction on how to mount the restrictor with the handle that is included in the rotary upgrade kit.
It looks like about a 3mm clearance issue. I have tried using some washers that provided some additional clearance but not enough.  :dunno

I have not even got to mounting the optical sensor.

High Res Versions

https://ibb.co/nbOmAq

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: HELP - U360 Rotary Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 11:55:02 am »

The circlip secures the round black part shown, but also secures the mounting plate for the optical sensor PCB. You have not fitted this onto the shaft so thats the problem with the clearance.