Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Convert "Roll and Score" to Classic Arcade Skeeball  (Read 2663 times)

vestaviascott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2019, 09:06:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Convert "Roll and Score" to Classic Arcade Skeeball
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:03:38 am »
I just picked up a "Roll and Score" skee ball table for a no brainer price - family was moving and didn't want to transport it to the new home.

It's pretty well made and a good effort - at least it "looks" like a classic skee ball table, but that's where the similarities end.

There are some major playability limitations due to the smaller 2 inch balls and tiny ramp it uses. The size of the balls and the tiny ramp make it very difficult to play the game if you are used to the original arcade skee ball tables.

The length is a bit shorter at 9 foot overall front to back, but the target elevation looks similar.

The target width is 23.5 inches and the target height is 26 inches.

My idea is to replace the target with a regulation target with 4 inch holes to use standard 3 inch wooden (or plastic) skee balls.

I'd also like to, as a phase 2 effort, alter the ramp so that it has a more traditional slope, much larger slope than the current 3 inch ramp.

Any suggestions or feedback much appreciated. Pics of the stock "Roll and Score" table are included below:

vestaviascott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2019, 09:06:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Convert "Roll and Score" to Classic Arcade Skeeball
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:14:14 am »
A few pics of the underlying structure of the table: