Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: White T-molding turning yellow!?  (Read 2277 times)

nanoflower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 04:32:37 pm
  • All Your Base Are Belong To Us
White T-molding turning yellow!?
« on: August 04, 2018, 05:50:59 am »
Has anyone else experienced this?
I bought some white T-Molding (from t-molding.com) some time back, and its been sitting in my basement ever since. I peeked into the bag today as I'll be using it soon.
The t-molding that was the most exposed has turned yellowish, white the stuff that was at the bottom of the bag is still white as snow.

/nano

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
Re: White T-molding turning yellow!?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:43:33 am »
Totally normal. Lots of the white plastics (including buttons) turn brittle and yellow with time. For sure. Was it exposed to light? You said it was in your basement...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:47:15 am by Ian »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

nanoflower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 10:39:28 am »
Totally normal. Lots of the white plastics (including buttons) turn brittle and yellow with time. For sure. Was it exposed to light? You said it was in your basement...

Yes but never direct sunlight. How unfortunate that the quality us so bad - I'm seriously thinking about ditching my black and white colour scheme :S

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:00:42 pm »

Yes but never direct sunlight. How unfortunate that the quality us so bad - I'm seriously thinking about ditching my black and white colour scheme :S

How long has it been sitting?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

nanoflower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 03:44:52 am »
- a year or so, maybe a little more. I just didnt thing that soft plastic like that deteriorated that fast. White conduit pipe (hard plastic) and stuff smilar to that should never be exposed to direct sunlight...but this! -I did not see this coming :S