Main > Everything Else

The CONCERT Discussion Thread

<< < (2/52) > >>

javeryh:

--- Quote from: wp34 on August 03, 2018, 11:26:02 am ---Some years we don't make it to any concerts but the past year has been unusual.  So far we have seen ZZ Top, Fitz and the Tantrums, Buckethead, Foster the People and Brit Floyd.  We are going to see Earth, Wind and Fire in a couple of weeks.

--- End quote ---

yeah same here.  Lots of years we don't go to any but this year has been different.  Now that the kids are older it makes it so much easier.

BadMouth:
I saw Buckethead (@ Jergels north of Pittsburgh) a few months ago.  Was a phenomenal show, but started 40 minutes or more late.

Jack White (@ a LiveNation outdoor venue)  All LiveNation outdoor venues suck, so had to be dragged there.  Was meh, mostly because of the crappy sound quality of the venue.
The older I get, the more I stick to smaller "big box" clubs.

Sponge at a motorcycle event that was rained out.  Was blown away.  They were on point and have an excellent back catalog to fill a show.
Since there weren't many people there, it felt like a small private party that somehow managed to book a big name band.  Best show I've seen so far this year. 
It's a shame they're not still filling bigger venues.

Might go see Collective Soul and 3 Doors down at a county fair tonight, depending on the weather.

Will add more later.

wp34:

--- Quote from: javeryh on August 03, 2018, 11:48:54 am ---
--- Quote from: wp34 on August 03, 2018, 11:26:02 am ---Some years we don't make it to any concerts but the past year has been unusual.  So far we have seen ZZ Top, Fitz and the Tantrums, Buckethead, Foster the People and Brit Floyd.  We are going to see Earth, Wind and Fire in a couple of weeks.

--- End quote ---

yeah same here.  Lots of years we don't go to any but this year has been different.  Now that the kids are older it makes it so much easier.

--- End quote ---

Same here about the kids.  Also now that my dad has passed away I've taken my mom to a few concerts that I would not have otherwise attended.  Brit Floyd being the most recent example.  They were phenomenal and I'd see them again.

BadMouth:
Haven't seen them this year, but if The Marcus King Band plays near you, go see them.
All them kids have an obscene amount of talent.

wp34:
Buckethead was a very good show but I must admit I didn't know what I was in for.  I've listened to his music for years and was expecting more of a Jeff Beck type experience.  I didn't realize the dude stays in character 100% of the time.  He does not speak either.  Almost no interaction with the crowd.  It made for a very odd concert experience---particularly for my wife who was unfamiliar with his music.  Also I was expecting a full band and he just showed up with his guitar, a roadie and backing tracks. 

Having said that I did have a great time and enjoyed the show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version