Main > Everything Else

The CONCERT Discussion Thread

(1/53) > >>

javeryh:
Anyone been to anything good recently?  So far this summer I've been to:

- Imagine Dragons (@PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ).  Way better than I expected.  We took the kids and went with a few other families and everyone had a blast.  I didn't think I'd know a single song but it turns out I knew a bunch of them.  I guess they are so popular that the music is unavoidable.  Kind of bland and forgettable though so I will not be listening to them going forward but at least they put on a fun show.

- Radiohead (@MSG in NYC).  One of the best shows of my life.  Radiohead is probably my favorite band so this was a real treat.  Great set list and the band was energetic.

- Smashing Pumpkins (@PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ).  This one was just last night.  The first 1/2 was absolutely sick.  Hit after hit after hit and Billy Corgan can still shred a guitar with the best of them.  He was great.  Seeing Jimmy Chamberlain on drums was amazing too - those 2 are just magic together.  The last 1/2 of the show was weird to say the least.  They brought out a bunch of "special guests" and played mostly covers.  Courtney Love came out and they did 2 Hole songs (that I think Corgan actually wrote back in the 90s) but she was a mess.  it was more sad than anything.  Then Mark McGrath came out and they sang "Fly" (Sugar Ray) and "Breaking the Law" (Judas Priest).  There were more.  Not what I was expecting but the first 2 hours was worth it.

I'm trying to line up the next show.  My son came with me to SP last night and we had so much fun. 

Mike A:
I was going to see Avenged Sevenfold and Prophets of Rage with my son this month, but the tour was cancelled.  :P

javeryh:

--- Quote from: Mike A on August 03, 2018, 11:02:19 am ---I was going to see Avenged Sevenfold and Prophets of Rage with my son this month, but the tour was cancelled.  :P

--- End quote ---

That would have been awesome.  They were supposed to be near me earlier in the week (Tuesday, I think).  If you can't sing I guess you can't tour.

wp34:
Some years we don't make it to any concerts but the past year has been unusual.  So far we have seen ZZ Top, Fitz and the Tantrums, Buckethead, Foster the People and Brit Floyd.  We are going to see Earth, Wind and Fire in a couple of weeks. 

Mike A:
How was Buckethead? was he in the mood to play?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version