Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Movies SUCK  (Read 6457 times)

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
Re: Movies SUCK
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2023, 09:36:43 am »
That said, my immediate family has ALWAYS been absolutely #1 in my world. They are first and foremost and I'll do anything for them. 30 years married and 4 kids that are still an interactive part of our life (and even 2 grandkids!).

- There is a huge difference, between having Narcissistic Tendencies, and having Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  Also, NPD isnt a static thing. It can have many differing Degrees of Severity.  Some with NPD are pretty harmless. While others, like my father... are a true Danger to Society (Psychopathic Spectrum).

- My father, for example.. didnt give two squirts of Piss, about his Family. In fact, he constantly threatened his own mother, to either send him more money (so that he could gamble + drink it away), or that he would hurt himself, or hurt others...  and he did this on a regular basis,  Despite her being extremely Phobic (easily terrorized into submission), and.. her being in massive Debt, due to continually giving into his terroristic ways.

- Now my mother... she tried to maintain the appearance of caring.  Not for me.. but to look good in other peoples eyes.  If I didnt do well.. it basically caused a Narcissistic Injury to her... and so I was dealt constant narcissistic abuse from her, as a result.

- My Brother became the "Golden Child" that could do no wrong... UNTIL.. I moved out.  From that momemnt on..  she chose him to become the new  "Whipping Boy", and to offload her Rage, Judgements, and Manipulations.. onto him.   This was a complete Surprise to my brother... and when I returned to the state, my Brother Hated me for moving.  Not because he missed me, nor cared about me... but because of how my mother Changed in treating him.  Insane, Ehh?!  Like most Narcissist.. they are not well grounded in Logic and Rational thought.. and they cant accept Reality.  So he refused to place the rightful blame, onto HER.. rather than on Me.

- I was on the way to becoming a Narcissist myself.. and I have caught myself having many Narcissistic Tendencies, that I continually work to eradicate. However, I actually have Empathy for others... and tend to put others above myself,  rather than the opposite.  My younger Brother and Sisters, however, they Cracked Mentally.. and became Narcissists themselves.  Interesting enough, they both married Abusive Narcissists.  Very strange, indeed.

There's one guy on here who thinks I'm literally the antichrist because I don't share his political views

- That is what you call a "Radical".  Someone whom thinks and feels in "Black and White".  It actually happens to be one of many defining traits of a Narcissist.  Either you are their best buddy... or you are seen as their Enemy.  There is rarely much "in-between" that.   Their emotions are also "Extreme".  They can be very calm and happy, in one moment... and then at the flick of a switch, they can go into an insane state of Rage.

- This is part of the Disorder.  It seems to be, that their emotions are way too Elevated, to the point of being extremely Distorted.  Sort of like if you wore hearing aids.. when you didnt need them on... and the smallest of sounds, was Ear-Bleedingly painful.  Some "Spooky" background music in a movie, for example... will cause them to experience a level of Fear / Terror.. that drives them to the point of getting Angry, for having to have had experienced those levels of fear.  This hyper amplification and distortion of Emotions... causes their minds to partially "Fracture".  In many causes, they develop a sort of Split Personality.  The Inner Child,  that is permanently stunted... and the "Alter Ego Protector",  that acts as a sort of Protective Sheild.  The Alter, is everything they are not:  Confident, Popular, Intelligent, Brave..etc.  They build this "Character", piece by piece.. often by examining what is most popular in "Pop Culture" (the assumed majority opinion of the Masses).

- This is actually very Relavant to the Actual Bad Movie situation... because the Narcissist have managed to gain positions of power and control.  In positions in the Govt., Feminist Groups (and other Simular groups of power),  as well as in the Eduacation systems, and the Mass Media.   This is exactly why we have such awful movies... and why Society is currently falling apart.

- One only has to look at the Star Wars character of "Rai" to see it.  They wanted to make a strong female lead... and she could do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING better than any of the others.  They refused to show Rai training for more than a single clip... and they gave her G0d-Like Force powers, without ever having to Earn them.  Why?  Because the Narcissist cant handle the very idea, of showing the former "WEAK" character.  Its too embarassing to them to handle.  Yet to anyone else.. we want to experience the entire "Hero's Journey".  We dont find it to be embarrassing.  Instead, we find it to be  "Inspiring".  Of course, this is one of the many reasons, why the Narcissists cant make a film, that the masses will ever Enjoy and Connect with.  Because the masses, do not think nor feel.. like a Narcissist.

If people want to be truly happy they need 2 things: Strong, loyal family ties (no infidelity, violence, lies or stupidity) and financial indestructibility.

- Well, I used to feel incredibly lonely... until I suffered even more manipulation and abuses from EX's.  After the most recent Extreme EX, which luckily, I found out her true nature fairly quickly... I realized that I felt better alone, than with dealing with such creatures.  I had spend way too much of my life, accepting bad behaviors.. and making excuses for them.. because I lacked my own self worth and value.  Eventually I realized my own value... and I no longer put up with bad attitudes, and bad behaviors.  At a certain point, I stopped needing others validation and attention... to feel "Contentment".  And so now.. I am perfectly happy / fine.. on my own.

- While I would have loved to have a wonderful woman, and family in my life.. it just didnt work out that way..  and now, at my age (and condition), its too late for any of that.. and Im fine with it.  My point basically being... that you actually Can be happy / content..  without others in your life.   Many decades ago, I never would have wrote / felt like that..

Live a good moral life and your family will respect you. If you can't respect yourself, how can anyone else. It's kind of sad to see childless people trying to convince others that you don't need children to complete their lives and give things meaning.

- I 100% Agree, with all of that.

I know nobody asked

- Its nice to know, regardless.  Thanks for Sharing.   Its good to hear some like minding "Sanity", in todays "Insane" times.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:27:54 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2023, 02:26:43 pm »
Do you still think Americans were rounded up onto trains and sent to death camps?

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2023, 03:34:31 pm »
Movies that are good and didn't do well at the box office?

Blade runner

The Thing (John Carpenter version)

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:18:46 am
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2023, 06:51:08 pm »

Blade runner

Awesome movie.

Continuing on this theme, with a nod to both John Carpenter and Kurt Russell...

Escape From New York

Great movie, always loved it, as a "kid" I copied the theme song onto audio tape so I could listen to it at home.

I don't mean to wax political, but.... I've been very much reminded of this movie recently by the plight of the people in Gaza. For them it is much the same, like being trapped in a city-sized prison. Then, on top of it all, having the crap bombed out of you.

What they need is a message of peace... or at least maybe some old broadway ragtime (if you've seen the movie you know what I mean). Peace   :dunno
Check out my completed projects!

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:32:21 am
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2023, 11:34:46 am »
Speaking of Disney, are you all ready to watch the new South Park episode Pandaverse. You know as soon as South Park gets a hold of something it becomes a part of public conscience.

It was good, but I think Kennedy has already lost her power, they should have been targeting bob iger.
There's a channel called prism on YT that rewrote the sequel trilogy, presents it with a bunch of AI photos. It's 10000000x better than the drivel we got from that horrific stew of nonsense from disney. Keeps the characters but actually uses them (doesn't have luke just blow away in the wind after doing literally nothing). I've watched several guys analyzing just how much is missing from those movies because they went out to pander to fans, instead of giving fans an immersive world. Lucas was a pretty crappy storyteller overall, he has good ideas but shouldn't be allowed to write and edit movies without someone having veto power, BUT the people who made the prequels truly loved the universe. They quite simply handed golden gooses over to ANGRY feminists and checkmark hires, who immediately made them worthless. It used to really bother me, but now I just want disney to cease to exist (which I think might actually happen).
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2023, 11:37:00 am »

Blade runner

I’m still not sure if I actually like that movie, but I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it.

Chatted one evening with a midwestern professor that taught a class on sci-fi film studies.  He said it was the best sci-fi movie made because the replicants knew when they were going to die.

I never bought into the “he was a replicant the entire time” stuff until I saw the alternate “made for each other” ending.

Sequel was easily half an hour too long.  One and done with that one.

:cheers:

Oddly enough, I'm the same. I didn't find it very interesting when I first saw it in theaters, but it did grow on me over time because the world they lived in was really interesting. The last movie I don't even remember the plot, something something [harrison ford cameo].

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2023, 12:29:40 pm »
no spoilers to speak of here...

I haven't gone to a movie theater in probably 5 years. nothing really piques my interest enough to warrant spending a hundo to watch something I could easily pirate.

~snip

The sad part is I find most movies aren't even worth pirating, much less paying to go see them. Hence this posting. I've added a fair number of movies to my server from these suggestions, and as winter comes down (we already have a foot of snow here), I look forward to many hours of popcorn and good entertainment. I figure that hollywood is just about ready to either disappear or come back with actual GOOD movies...maverick appealed to men, and barbie appealed to women because it was correct genres and correct target audiences. They KNOW they are burning money, I'll bet there are just too many activists still in positions of power to turn on a dime.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2023, 12:49:17 pm »

I haven't gone to a movie theater in probably 5 years. nothing really piques my interest enough to warrant spending a hundo to watch something I could easily pirate.

~snip

The sad part is I find most movies aren't even worth pirating, much less paying to go see them. Hence this posting. I've added a fair number of movies to my server from these suggestions, and as winter comes down (we already have a foot of snow here), I look forward to many hours of popcorn and good entertainment. I figure that hollywood is just about ready to either disappear or come back with actual GOOD movies...maverick appealed to men, and barbie appealed to women because it was correct genres and correct target audiences. They KNOW they are burning money, I'll bet there are just too many activists still in positions of power to turn on a dime.

nah... just dig up Paul Walker control him with AI and pump out another fast and furious. that's what the kids like right?

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2023, 01:33:20 pm »
That said, my immediate family has ALWAYS been absolutely #1 in my world. They are first and foremost and I'll do anything for them. 30 years married and 4 kids that are still an interactive part of our life (and even 2 grandkids!).
~snip

We all gotta make due with the hands we are given, you can either call fold or raise, and almost everyone is bluffing.
In fact, I'd say 90% of people are not honest about their true abilities or shortcomings. Everything is fake. Every social media profile is at best misleading, or at worst and outright lie. The levels of depression we are currently seeing as a society is staggering. Zombies shuffling around the streets of almost every city or town is not a sign of a healthy happy civilization. I watched a guy die on the sidewalk about 6 months ago while waiting for a red light. EMS had been trying to recessitate and while I waited they gave up and called it, right in broad daylight while everyone went about their business. That's societal apathy personified, and quite honestly, I believe there is no fixing that. Nobody has a real purpose anymore.

I honestly think the key to happiness is having an actual purpose in life. Our society is stagnating...badly...as we've more or less conquered or done everything. I truly believe the path to sanity is regression: Going back to the roots of humanity. Living off the land, being completely self-sufficient, and having enough firepower to fend off anyone trying to take what you have if things really do go crazy. Progressivism was a BRUTAL failure as an experiment, but I believe it just highlighted the cracks in our society. The golden age was from ~1940-1990. We're just living off the corpse of a better society now. Movies and entertainment are just side effects of a much larger problem.

An example of purpose: I just looked out my office window here, and I see a bull has gotten into my inner yard near the new raised beds I was making when the snow hit. No idea how he got through the fence, but there he is. Bulls are PITA because they don't fear anything, so now I have to settle the dogs and go get rid of that bull. It gives a guy purpose even on a sunday. I recommend the rustic lifestyle to everyone, I've never felt more alive.

**I should add, that's not my bull...cows are all free range here, so it's some random rancher's bull. I can get rid of the random cows no problem, but bulls are ---Deutsche Frankfurters--- :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 01:35:11 pm by Zakk »

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2023, 01:37:52 pm »

~snip

nah... just dig up Paul Walker control him with AI and pump out another fast and furious. that's what the kids like right?

I didn't even watch the last one. There was one where 'the rock' was holding a helicopter to a truck using just his arms, and that was the last I ever watched of that. I can suspend reality....only SO FAR.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2023, 09:13:32 pm »

I saw that in the theater with my family while visiting them in florida.
now it says it came out in 1982 and i know i was in jr. high which was later than 1982 so it must of been some bargain cinema showing past released movies?
IDK but my mom clearly didn't know what the movie was about and while i remember it quite well, the paranoia, the dude chasing the dog shot in the eye, the melting people and spider dog thing almost made me toss my cookies.
my little sister cried and my littler brother just laughed. early signs he was a little bit off nobody caught :)

that was the one and only time i saw it.

I did catch 5 nights at Freddy's last night with the kids.
not bad.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2023, 09:16:13 pm »

~snip

I didn't even watch the last one. There was one where 'the rock' was holding a helicopter to a truck using just his arms, and that was the last I ever watched of that. I can suspend reality....only SO FAR.

I think it was captain America who did something similar.
but he has the super soldier serum so he can do it without pulling a muscle.
i'm sure the rocks character's arms were tired after that and couldn't drive for at least 10 mins.
right?

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2023, 12:25:28 am »
You want to know a few shows I really liked but I see no one ever really talking about them.

HAPPY! I was so pissed when they canceled Season 3. The guy that made the Crank series produced this that is why it is so full of bombastic creativity and violence.

Future Man! This is another one that keeps upping the stakes after every season, it also starts doing the whole time travel and parallel universe thing with a good cast.

The Umbrella Academy. Too much to explain in this series but I really liked the season 3 trailer. One plot line is that there were 300 children all born on the same day with powers, one rich Tycoon was able to adopt 7 of them. In season two they went back in time and that rich Tycoon was so disgusted with them he ended up adopting a different 7 kids with powers and this Trailer shows them fighting their brothers and sisters in the future getting their asses kicked.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 12:30:00 am by fallacy »

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2023, 11:38:36 am »
I remember 4 years ago when saint tried to tell me that Captain marvel was a "great" movie, well worth a billion dollars in ticket sales.
I'd be curious what he thinks of the latest outing...it's got singing and cats, so it gotta be a hit  ;D

I'm slowly 'acquiring' a lot of the movies in this thread that I had missed. Some good stuff there. It was fairly easy for stuff to just not hit the radar back before the internet. If you didn't read about it, or someone told you about it, or you missed the newspaper entertainment section for a month or so....

(I kind of wish it was still like that, the internet really does suck as much as it's awesome).

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2023, 11:22:14 am »
There are certain video sites, that people upload movies to,  and the latest  "Fast and Furious"  film was on it.

I TRIED to watch it.  After less than 15 minutes.. I couldnt take it anymore.  The completely unrealistic physics of what
was taking place, and other super-cheese, was just way too much for me to deal with.   I switched to watching something
else, instead.

I can have a certain level of suspension of disbelief... but there is definitely a line,  that when it gets crossed.. it becomes
completely immersion breaking, and completely Repulsive.

Such as the Star Wars Sequel scene... where "Bombs" were being  "DROPPED"  in the gravity-less abyss of outer space.
That, and the crew member, almost "Falling" out of the ship.

Imaging how many people that had to go through, to get approved... and somehow, NOBODY objected to it!  >_<

Writers, Writers bosses, SciFi Set designers / Artists, a few different Directors, actors, crew members comments,
and many more...  and yet,  Nobody had said  "Uhh... Space doesnt work like that..."

I cant remember what the name of the film was..  but recently saw a movie in which like +85% ? of the Earths population
had become vampires...  and the supply of host blood supplies were drying up.   It was an interesting spin on the typical
vampire movies.. and it was done fairly well.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2023, 11:39:41 am »
Do you still think Americans were rounded up onto trains and sent to death camps?

Still waiting.

That movie was Daybreakers and pretty good, actually.

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2023, 05:32:35 pm »

Still waiting.

You mad Bro?   Mad I called you out on your Open Scamming of Amazon...  when you tried to call me out, and
Virtue Signal about how Im  "Punching Down"  ?!

You were SO certain about me not repairing and painting a Pinball machine... that you bet me money,  and Lost.
I give you props, for paying up, though.

As for what I believe, in regards to the various MASSIVE Fema camps that opened up all over the US? 
The Doomsday Seed bank being created
The countless Survival Shows being played on TV / Media
Countless "Cataclysmic Disaster" films being created, fairly recently
Robin Williams going ape about how the Elite knows there is an Ice Age coming, and isnt telling the masses, before passing away
The current Sun Cycle.. causing the Earths Magnetic Poles to Move
Open borders, to allow masses of people from all different areas of the lower half of the Earth, into the USA
Radical plan of Bill Gaytes, to spray Dark Particulates, into the upper atmosphere
The Wh!te H0use erecting tall metal fencing all around it
The US leaving Billions of Dollars worth of Military equipment and vehicles, in another Country
The intentional dumbing down of the school curriculum,  and the removal of degree requirements from various positions
The Feds showing up at an Astrological Telescope site
Censorship and removal / alterations of certain publicly available Data Sources
The push to try to get young kids into eating Bugs, in the school systems, and media outlets

The push for a Fast Tube Transport system (quick escape systems for the wealthy Elite)
The Cyber Truck (Durable Tank-Like Escape Vehicle, with bullet proof windows)
The Elites push to get Bases on the Moon and Mars (Temporary escape from the cataclysm, until things subside)

The push for Socialism and Communism in the Schools / Colleges.  Forced Communism is likely to come well before
the time period of the "Event".

Very unusual Arora's, and other strange weather events

Yup... I believe there is something Big / Catastrophic, on the way.   Could be anywhere from 6 to 50 years from now.
Not sure if the big boys know the  "exact"  time frame.   But I Guarantee that they wont be telling the Lemming Class,
until it becomes quite Obvious.

People can choose to believe whatever they want.  Noah believed there was going to be a Big Flood.  The masses
laughed at him...  then they Perished.

The blame is to be put on  Human Climate Change,  despite many scientist contesting the corrupted Data, and narratives.
There will be a radical "change" ...but it wont be related to Humans.

Believe whatever you wish to believe.  Ultimately, it probably wont matter much, either way... because what is to come,
likely will not be something that you can avoid / prep for.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 05:39:18 pm by Xiaou2 »

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2023, 07:15:37 pm »
Scamming?  I ran an app that played commercials 24/7 and I completed surveys on MTurk.  All of those actions were done within the confines of the rules of each platform. 

Oh well, I’ll see you in hell apparently.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2023, 07:50:32 pm »
Scamming?  I ran an app that played commercials 24/7 and I completed surveys on MTurk.  All of those actions were done within the confines of the rules of each platform. 

He’s full Qiaou2 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:27:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2023, 12:36:05 pm »

I really liked that one.  Probably going to search it out next time. :)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2023, 09:05:19 pm »

Yes this is exploiting the confines of the system.   Not the same thing.   

Also Captain Kirk proved that you are allowed to cheat if the rules are ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- and you also happen to be awesome.   #KobayashiMaru

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2024, 04:55:05 am »
I was bored tonight and decided to edit a music video on War of the Worlds 2005. I mean the movie sucks, the dialog sucks but I have always really liked that first mec attack scene.