Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Arcade Super Questions / Personal Setup Thread  (Read 21426 times)

djlunchbox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:07:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Maximus Arcade Super Questions / Personal Setup Thread
« on: August 01, 2018, 03:03:38 pm »
So seeing as a lot of the same answers to question are "get a new frontend", I'm hoping to keep this thread at the top to answer all questions I can about Maximus Arcade SetUp. I've currently converted over to MA from Raspberry Pi/Retropie as I want to play high demand games in my bartop and seeing as I had a 2tb drive filled with roms and Hyperspin plus an Alienware Alpha i7 mini PC just gathering dust. I tried HS, nope. Launchbox/BigBox yeah they cool but $50? plus to d/l videos and images for themes, takes way to much time. Plus I noticed alot of arcade bartop builders from Europe and Central/South America were heavily using MA. Then I d/l and found it why, its EASY and it works.

So seeing as the MA forum is dead and this forum wants to not help I'll go ahead and outline my progress on what I've gotten to setup, work and answer questions. With not a lot of help in the interwebz and most videos i've found in Spanish or Portugese I figure I'd help out.

Here's My current set up with corresponding emulator and version. Since MA hasn't been updated in awhile newer emulator version Don't seem to work:

Atari 2600 - Stella 5.1.3
NES - JNes 1.2.1
SNES - Zsnesw
N64 - Project 64 1.6 (newest version kept giving me the black fullscreen error when launching)
Sega MasterSystem - K.Fusion
Sega Genesis/MegaDrive - Gens
PC Games - Stand alone. Create shortcuts for your PC Games exe file, rename how you want them to appear in menu, place them all in a folder then link the folder in the ROMS path option when setting up Batch Files.
Future Pinball - Stand Alone. Get it to run in your PC then link exe Need to use JoyToKey
Visual Pinball - Stand Alone. Need to use JoyToKey

For reference running this on an alienware alpha i7 pc. My bartop is using Xin Mo controls and most EMUs capture it so once I set them up outside of MA, they work great.

Future Plans -

Stand alone Pinball Fx2 so you can launch directly into a table and not the PBFX menu.
Taito Type X
MAME of course
NeoGeo
Playstation 1
Naomi
Dreamcast
Sega M2 & 3
Zinc
Handhelds(GB, GBA, neogeo pocket)

Once finished I'll be adjusting existing themes and maybe creating up some new ones. MA ain't dead y'all

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:56:16 am by djlunchbox »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Maximus Arcade Super Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 03:10:50 pm »
MA has not been updated in a while because its dead, It wont get updated again so you will constantly limited to old emus etc.

So in my true historical form I will say....

Get a new FE

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Re: Maximus Arcade Super Questions Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 03:11:44 pm »
How long have you had MA - And did you get the permanent activation code e-mailed to you or are you still on the trial ?? ( or did you download a pirated torrent ? ) For the last 6 months or more no one seems to be getting an activation code sent to them so after 60 days they run into problems - which would pretty much mean it is DEAD !

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:28:30 pm »
MA has not been updated in a while because its dead, It wont get updated again so you will constantly limited to old emus etc.

Get a new FE

Again why do i need it to be updated? It works perfectly fine for me in 2018 on a computer made in 2016. Do i need more graphical bells and whistles? That's personal preferences. The hyperMax theme I have looks awesome to me and game selection is good too.  If the emulators still emulate, do I really need to update them? Especially if my PC is offline.

How long have you had MA - And did you get the permanent activation code e-mailed to you or are you still on the trial ?? ( or did you download a pirated torrent ? ) For the last 6 months or more no one seems to be getting an activation code sent to them so after 60 days they run into problems - which would pretty much mean it is DEAD !

I got it like last week thursday. Yeah i got the code emailed to me. Paid the $5 on the site via paypal and got a keycode emailed to me in like a few minutes i think.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 03:34:49 pm »

Get a new FE

Again why do i need it to be updated? It works perfectly fine for me in 2018 on a computer made in 2016. Do i need more graphical bells and whistles? That's personal preferences. The hyperMax theme I have looks awesome to me and game selection is good too.  If the emulators still emulate, do I really need to update them? Especially if my PC is offline.

I got it like last week thursday. Yeah i got the code emailed to me. Paid the $5 on the site via paypal and got a keycode emailed to me in like a few minutes i think.

Its nothing to do with playing online.

MAME (being the biggest culprit here) is updated every month adding in new games and putting bug fixes on older ones.

You may also have trouble with other emulators (CPS1&2 possibly cant remember)

Can Maximus still work yeah sure.

But its like talking out a old Ford KA when you have a new Audi A8 in the garage.

Hyperspin is a ---smurfette--- to set up no arguments there but its also very powerful, fully supported and updated.
You can make it as simple or complex as you want and there are tons of setup videos on youtube as well as a excellent support forum.

I used to run Maximus for years so I know how good it used to be.
But now its just not.

Its dead, Move on.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 03:45:53 pm »

YOu must be lucky then -- seeing that even on MA they say they only send out the codes once every thirty or 60 days but you should get it before the trial period expires so getting it within minutes is hard to believe.

I was just going by the latest threads complianing about it here like -

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156458.0.html

and

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156772.0.html

Are you sure you didn't just get the download E-mail which gives you download links for the trial which is supposed to be followed up by the activation code within the next 30 or 60 days ??

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 03:49:52 pm »
I get that however I always go back the question, how many games are you really going to play?! I had a 128gb retropie image with almost 10K games I believe. At one point I got decision fatigue and just didn't play. So i'm always amazed at like 2, 4, 8 and 16TB Hyperspin drives. Like i know some games take up space such as CD based but when's too much.

My point there is with MAME updating to add new ones that's not an issue.

CPS 1 and 2 are emulated perfectly by FBA and that has MA support integration.

At the most I feel 1500 MAME games is a good amount in addition to say complete NES/SEGA 8bit and 16bit libraries.

Hyperspin is the devil lol nope, nope, nope. Yes it's beautiful but no way the headache is deplorable lol

Look at pandora's boxes. Those are simple, basic yet super popular. Simple game selection in and out no problem. Some people just want that as well.

So yeah I'mma stay right here riding the #KeepMaximusAlive wave  ;)

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 03:52:08 pm »
Pandoras boxes??

Awhh dude you have no idea....

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 03:55:43 pm »

YOu must be lucky then -- seeing that even on MA they say they only send out the codes once every thirty or 60 days but you should get it before the trial period expires so getting it within minutes is hard to believe.

I was just going by the latest threads complianing about it here like -

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156458.0.html

and

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156772.0.html

Are you sure you didn't just get the download E-mail which gives you download links for the trial which is supposed to be followed up by the activation code within the next 30 or 60 days ??

No it was the unlock code cuz I did it at work. I researched it the night before I think then when I was set on it I bought it in the morning via paypal. I have the email dated last week at 9am. They provided me an order email that stated i need to copy and paste the following info as is when I register MA

NAME:xxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxx@xgaming.com
Code: 1234 5657 41383

I did get an email from X-Arcade on friday stating it was my complimentary software. From that email i d/l maximus. But no i have a full registered version.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 04:11:39 pm »
No it was the unlock code cuz I did it at work. I researched it the night before I think then when I was set on it I bought it in the morning via paypal. I have the email dated last week at 9am. They provided me an order email that stated i need to copy and paste the following info as is when I register MA

NAME:xxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxx@xgaming.com
Code: 1234 5657 41383

I did get an email from X-Arcade on friday stating it was my complimentary software. From that email i d/l maximus. But no i have a full registered version.

Guess he got back to sending them then - for awhile it seemed like they were no longer being sent or responding to e-mails - so we were getting several posts asking about it. But since he is just one guy doing everything guess he might have been offline for a while.

Once you do get a newer version of Mame working you might want to post a tutorial of the process here for those that do still think it is not a dead program that want to run recent Mame versions on their setup.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:19:03 pm by JDFan »

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 04:58:57 pm »
For sure but considering this hasn't been updated in such a long time I'll most likely post  write ups/answer questions pertaining to versions that are stable. I've read some people using MAME32 but we'll see. I'll try to get as new as possible. I've seen 0.185 work so i'll go from there.

First i will finish up Pinball FX2 and adding some more PC games, then I'll try Taito Type X and if that's successful I'll tackle MAME.

Pandoras boxes??

haha man i'm a fan no lie because sometimes I just want to play. PB interface is no nonsense. I started with a PB4 clone then upgraded to the official PB5 due to the Mortal Kombat support.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 05:02:23 pm »
For sure but considering this hasn't been updated in such a long time I'll most likely post  write ups/answer questions pertaining to versions that are stable. I've read some people using MAME32 but we'll see. I'll try to get as new as possible. I've seen 0.185 work so i'll go from there.

First i will finish up Pinball FX2 and adding some more PC games, then I'll try Taito Type X and if that's successful I'll tackle MAME.

Pandoras boxes??

haha man i'm a fan no lie because sometimes I just want to play. PB interface is no nonsense. I started with a PB4 clone then upgraded to the official PB5 due to the Mortal Kombat support.

PB just runs really old version of mame and bootlegged roms.

You may struggle with TTX.

I remember them being a real PITA to get going but good luck.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
Re: Maximus Arcade Super Questions / Personal Setup Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 02:02:21 am »
Update 8.1.18

Got Taito Type X/X2 up and running and executable through MA via the MAtte Intellivision drop menu.

Currently have just SFIV AE, KOF 98UM and Arcana Hearts 3. I need to figure out how to program AH3 keys to my Xin Mo as i dont want to use JoyToKEy. Future games i plan to add are Battle fantasia, Daemon Bride, Deathsmiles 2, GigaWing Generations, Raidem 3,4, KOH XII. XIII.

I'll do a full write up plus share files and fixes i used.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 12:15:42 pm »
just another update and some video uploads. Here's what I have "working" so far. I put that in quotes as I have a few things to pick at.

Taito Type X
PC Games
MAME
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
MEgaDrive
Master System
N64

I'm currently running MAME 0.175 but my romset is from 0.159. Most games work, Including CPS3 non CD versions. It's very daunting going through 3900+ roms trying to trim it down. I'm gonna going further with MAME seeing how far up i can get till MA can't register it however I have heard 0.199 works.

Here's a few videos. the first one i jumped the gun and added a theme but being so big it takes awhile to load so i switched to the regular version for testing purposes.

aevans0001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2023, 04:50:15 pm
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 02:08:56 am »
Congrats on trying to keep MA alive.  I tried setting it up about a year ago and it kept crashing.  I don't remember why however.  Anyway I am following your progress and may choose to use it on a different machine.  I loved MA when I was using it.  I am currently on LAunchbox/Rocketlauncher

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 11:53:18 pm »
Thanks!!! yeah i've been a bit busy but i'm still getting there. Just finished setting up demul for naomi and Atomiswave. I've also been tweaking and learning the themes. Since MA used SWF files for the themes been tricky. I might keep the Hypermax modified theme or just go with something a bit simpler. Converting the EMUMovies platform vids to SWF turns up enh results.

I'm just about done setting up the emus. Just gotta config Dreamcast, and Sega M2/3.

But so far i've been good with it. Will post a new video on my youtube in a few days.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 03:40:50 am »
8/18/2018 latest update.

got Demul (057) up and running for Naomi and Atomiswave. I originally had a hotkey for the fullscreen fix (AHK) for the emu but it kept glitching the picture. I didn't notice it at first w/Naomi but i did with Atomiswave. So I removed the AHK program and batch file. I also switched from the DXLegacy plugin to the DX11. However i was getting the file options menu bar at the top of the screen when it kicked into fullscreen. To fix that (on win10) right click the demul.exe, click properties then navigate to the compatibility tab and check the box for Turn off fullscreen optimization. This wil then launch in fullscreen no issues.

I've also added Gamecube via Dolphin and for now using it with the arcade controls. May add some BT controllers later. I've also gone back to running MAME 0159 as it just matches my set so figure not to mess with it.

so now i have these systems:

Taito Type X
PC Games
MAME - 0159
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
MEgaDrive
Master System
N64
Naomi
Atomiswave
Gamecube

Here's the latest video. I'll add Wii then Sega M2/3 and be done. Ive got my MAME down to about 700 games using the All Killer No Filler batch list plus added some i wanted. I'm not 100% happy with the theme so i'll make/tweak/frankenstein a few themes together to get the right mix.

I'll also be updating the tutorials with my build specs and settings.

Wzrd0803

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 11:32:38 pm
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 03:16:36 pm »

I paid via paypal and got my activation code and download link in the same email right away.

Wzrd0803

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 03:19:19 pm »

Get a new FE

Its nothing to do with playing online.

MAME (being the biggest culprit here) is updated every month adding in new games and putting bug fixes on older ones.

You may also have trouble with other emulators (CPS1&2 possibly cant remember)

Can Maximus still work yeah sure.

But its like talking out a old Ford KA when you have a new Audi A8 in the garage.

Hyperspin is a ---smurfette--- to set up no arguments there but its also very powerful, fully supported and updated.
You can make it as simple or complex as you want and there are tons of setup videos on youtube as well as a excellent support forum.

I used to run Maximus for years so I know how good it used to be.
But now its just not.

Its dead, Move on.

I don't think it matters that the emulators get updated.  As long as you have the emulator working, I think MA should be just fine.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 03:21:09 pm »
Newer emus = newer roms and bug fixes.

Some wont really change now but MAME is updated every month.

Wzrd0803

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 03:29:28 pm »

Maximus runs the executable of MAME so it shouldn't matter as long as MAME is working...same for any other emulator.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 04:19:52 pm »

Maximus runs the executable of MAME so it shouldn't matter as long as MAME is working...same for any other emulator.

Matters a great deal.

With MAME the rom set needs to match the version of MAME you are using otherwise things will not work correctly.
You cant use a new rom set with a old version.

Some things like most old console emu’s have not changed for years and prob never will so they are fine. But lots of newer emu’s are still being worked on.

Ime not sure which version of MAME stopped working with MA but much has changed since then.

Also can lead to problems if you want to use any extras like light guns or spinners etc.

Depends what you plan on doing with it really, If you want to add newer stuff down the line though you are probably screwed.

I used MA for years but stopped using it when it started giving me problems and upgraded to hyperspin.
It was a steep learning curve and took me a whole weekend to make it how I wanted it but now I can play the stuff I wanted without issue.

viking245

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:15:47 am
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2018, 01:08:08 pm »
Very nice djlunchbox!  Stick with what works.  And MA does work!  New ROMS, new systems, updated this, updated that...... whatever.  Having a bazzilion classic games and platforms is what makes your cabinet.  And if it ain't broke.... lol.

As you're finding, if you can run an emulator on your system, it'll most likely work through MA.  Some are just a matter of which "Available" emulator do you chose to redirect.  For example mine has Coleco Colecovision redirected to Pinball FX2.

For MAME I use 0197 and a ROM set 0193. (please don't ask why...lol).  My ROM set originally had 16.7k 'games'.  Of course not all working and a lot of hacks/remakes/dupes.  I don't remember my exact method of weeding through them, but it consisted of of filtering out 'available' -and- 'working' games. Exporting/saving an XML filtered list.  I think I ended using Rom Lister (in fact, I think this was my main tool).  I did the filtering and I either saved it as a MA .lst file..... OR .... saved as a .txt file and used Maximus GameList Converter to convert it to .lst.  Again, I tried several different ways/methinds and this was quite a while ago.  My next step was a little more daunting. Mainly because of my ignorance, I'm sure.  Manually went through and deleted consoles such as Commodore and TI. Also took out Mahjong and bar-top poker games (personal preference).  My current working set is down to about 3700 barring some more 'personal preference' filtering.

I know there's probably an easier way and lots of "I would-a", "I could-a", "I should-a" and "if only I had-a".  But hey, this is how we (or at least, I) learn.

Keep it up. Keep it alive. Keep us posted.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2018, 03:49:59 pm »
Very nice djlunchbox!  Stick with what works.  And MA does work!  New ROMS, new systems, updated this, updated that...... whatever.  Having a bazzilion classic games and platforms is what makes your cabinet.  And if it ain't broke.... lol.

As you're finding, if you can run an emulator on your system, it'll most likely work through MA.  Some are just a matter of which "Available" emulator do you chose to redirect.  For example mine has Coleco Colecovision redirected to Pinball FX2.

For MAME I use 0197 and a ROM set 0193. (please don't ask why...lol).  My ROM set originally had 16.7k 'games'.  Of course not all working and a lot of hacks/remakes/dupes.  I don't remember my exact method of weeding through them, but it consisted of of filtering out 'available' -and- 'working' games. Exporting/saving an XML filtered list.  I think I ended using Rom Lister (in fact, I think this was my main tool).  I did the filtering and I either saved it as a MA .lst file..... OR .... saved as a .txt file and used Maximus GameList Converter to convert it to .lst.  Again, I tried several different ways/methinds and this was quite a while ago.  My next step was a little more daunting. Mainly because of my ignorance, I'm sure.  Manually went through and deleted consoles such as Commodore and TI. Also took out Mahjong and bar-top poker games (personal preference).  My current working set is down to about 3700 barring some more 'personal preference' filtering.

I know there's probably an easier way and lots of "I would-a", "I could-a", "I should-a" and "if only I had-a".  But hey, this is how we (or at least, I) learn.

Keep it up. Keep it alive. Keep us posted.

Thank you brotha!! Yeah i was hyped when i started setting it up and noticing man this is easy and with themes I can make it look great. The daunting task now is to actually edit a theme. I don't wanna go too basic but I've found the ones i'm using cause MA load up to take FOREVER especially on first boot since they're like close to 1gb in sizes. I'll look into that Super converter.

yeah I'm currently using the following setup to run other EMUs

-Game cube (MSX)
-WII (MSX2)
-Taito type x 2 (Intellivision)
-Mario Kart Arcade DX GP/Dolphin Triforce (Commodore 128)
-Naomi (Gameboy Color)
-Atomiswave (Commodore 64)

Dude you got Pinball FX2 to run on it's own? Show me! I currently have it launching in my BATCH files.

Yeah I'm down to about 700 MAME games and I think I'm good. I just used a bat file to pull all the killer no filler titles then went back in and added stuff it missed.

Last night i config'd my pc to straight launch into MA sans windows. I just need to find or try to edit a cool launch video.

I'm planning on doing a whole walk around/demo of my bartop  maybe tonight if not this weekend and upload to my channel.

I'm definitely keeping it alive man!!!

viking245

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:36 pm »
For Super Video Converter (eRightSoft), once you finally find the download (scroll to the bottom of their 1st page, click Start Downloading Super, scroll down to near the bottom of the 2nd page to the links [one's free, one's not]) pay attention when installing.  The 'free' one "Comes with various Bundle Offers, Toolbars, Addons."   Adware-whatever supported.  During install, it'll say something like agree and continue.... several times.  Those are for the 'do you want to install this other crap?'.  Click don't agree (or what ever nomenclature they used) several times and will then install.  May want to have Revo Uninstaller on hand for the "extras".   They're not malicious, just very obnoxious!  The UI is kinda different but the program's capabilities are pretty damn strong.

FX2
(this BTW, took forever to figure out. Almost a forehead slap solution)
Executable:  ...\Pinball FX2\PinballFX2.exe
Media (roms):  ...\Pinball FX2\data_steam\
Command Line:  /LoadTable %name
Scan - Media Extension:  .pxp

Looking at my Configuration, I see I have (why I really don't know) in the Pre-Launch tab:
Run app on launch.... is checked.
Path: ...\Pinball FX2\PinballFX2.exe
Command Line:  /LoadTable %name

Last 2 being identical to what was already inputted. Just, now duplicated.

Hope it [still] works.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2018, 09:37:44 pm »
Sweet!!

I'll try that config. Are you using JoyToKey for the controls? Also i run a kill bat file cuz i was noticing it was staying open in the background.

viking245

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 11:20:49 am »
The controls that came with the cab are (without knowing too much about it nor tearing apart the cab) Ultimarc buttons/joystick/trackball using Win I-Pac/2.
The cabinet is a "Mountain Dew Old School/New School" made by (now defunct) Game Cabinets Inc.  It was some promotional Pepsi release.  #327/700?. (Not sure the total produced)

As for kill, I recall (faintly) having that issue and think through experimenting, is why I added the pre-launch thing.  I just have the Use Internal Exiting Routine checked and it seems to work. (setup was done several years ago).

I would attach a pict, but I think I need to put it to a cloud link or something (vs simply inserting it).  Maybe at a latter date.

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 11:00:10 am »
Gotcha.

Yeah I added a Kill bat file for PBFX2 and for pop cap games cuz it seemed those all stayed running even tho i exited.

Well thank you for helping me! I got it to run independently and launch per table. The issue is/was joytokey. I had JoyTKey launch when i started PBFX2 prior through Batch files. However with the new setup it was causing it to not launch the tables. So i lightly experimented and i need to have JoyToKey running all the time. I was worried having it open would affect other systems controls, but in my light testing, the controls weren't affected by not having a JoyToKey profile.

I didn't get much done over the holiday but I think I am good to go. I might have time tonight to do full check.

viking245

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2018, 04:05:25 pm »
Not knowing personally anything more than what JoyToKey is supposed to do, I wouldn't think it would cause any problems if it were always running.  It's basically just telling the computer that it has 2 "keyboards" attached. 

Glad you got it working.

Just checked my PBFX2 (haven't ran it in a long time).... unchecked the pre-launch thing (again, don't remember why I put it in), verified using the normal exit hook and all is good. Launches the individual tables and exits/closes back to MA on "ESC".

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 08:01:06 pm »
Ok so i originally missed the part where you said you had an Ipac which makes sense why yours was setup easier since an ipac is closer to keyboard strokes.

Been having a hard time getting it right. Setting it up to launch directly into a table and having JoyToKey launch simultaneously would cause an error where i'd just get a black screen. Launching JoyToKey when MA started didn't help because even tho i did the program to profile association within JoyToKey when I'd launch a table in PBFX it wouldn't launch the corresponding profile so buttons didn't work. Then when i'd launch joytokey with the PBFX profile highlighted, it'd affect other emulators. Such a headache i almost went back to launching PBFX as a PC game an picking tables from within.

Till finally i discovered x360ce. It's an xbox 360 controller emulator that makes the program think an xbox controller is plugged in. Works perfect!!! tested it this morning and sure enough when I launch a PBFX table it launches as well and all is good.

I need to test if the exit hook works so i don't need the kill batch. I added a remote power switch to my AlienWare Alpha so now i don't need to open the back of my cab to turn it on.

Now it's just the tedious part of correcting gamelists names in Naomi, Atomiswave and in PBFX but i'm pretty much all set. Plus a new theme got released that looks awesome

viking245

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 02:18:23 pm »
That is a pretty flashy theme!  Though I've used MA for several years and do love it's ease of use and simplicity, I'm using a different front end these days.  The main thing missing in MA for me was being able to make use of the game description information (primarily in/from MAME). I know you can see it in the MAME UI (even MAME64 if you click in the right spot), but that's almost like a 2nd front-end. I wanted be able to see on 1 screen (at minimum) the Marquee, video clip and the description of an individual game.  After a lot of trial and [operator] error, I landed on BigBox.  Not too complicated, currently supported and has some nifty features. 

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 05:05:32 pm »
Haven't posted in awhile been a tad bit busy.

Recently discovered a rom pack for Ice cold beer, Ice cold root Beer and Zeke's Peke. through the use of JoytoKey I was able to launch it and have my P1 and P2 joysticks work to go up and down.

I've mostly been adding some PC games and getting them to work properly, as well as various pinball. Currently have Pinball Fx2, Pinball FX3 and Future Pinball up and running.

Tip for PBFX3, Zen made changes to commands and launching. Now to launch games the command is "-table, %name" plus you need to have cabinet mode enabled so that means contacting Zen. Took about 3 days but now all my games launch to a table and not into the main menu.

I'm still trying to work on a theme that isn't so big i should be able to share that shortly I hope lol

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:40 pm »
Been awhile since I updated.

got all my standard EMUs dialed in and maximus is running great. Have a nice theme going and running the following 16 systems

nes
snes
n64
wii
gamecube
sega master
genesis
mame
PC Games
POP Cap
Naomi
Atomiswave
Future Pinball
Pinball FX2
Pinball FX3
Mario Kart arcade GP (stand alone game via Dolphin Triforce)

My focus right now is getting the rest of these NesicaxLive titles up and running. I currently have 15-16 Taito Type X /NesicaXLive games in my build will add about 6 more tonight. Try to get a video of it up.

viking245

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 11:46:02 am »
Very nice!

Mario Kart Wii is my all time goto.  So I'm very intrigued with the arcade GP (but too scared to 'look for it')

Here's my cab (and with the drop-down keyboard/mouse tray).  You'll see the button(s) on the side which is great for (well, probably only for) pinball games.  I just recently got an Xbox 360 controller (at the insistence of my 22 year old) but haven't set it up yet. Though the Ipak buttons/joysticks/trackball work flawlessly, they don't for something like Luigi's Mansion (by mere placement of the controls).

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 01:55:09 pm »
That is AWESOME!!!!

Love the Mountain Dew Theme.

Yeah Mario Kart Double Dash one of my favs but the Wii version is clutch. Pretty much the only reason i want to get a switch is for MK8 haha

Send me a PM and i can send you my files via google drive. It'll have to be a standalone. It plays awesome even with joysticks haha.

Here's a video of nesicaxlive games on my build with my custom theme.

Here's my bartop, with the recently added pinball side buttons

viking245

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 03:29:56 pm »
I like the lit buttons!

My cab was a Pepsi promotional thing. 
"Mountain Dew Old School / New School"
"Promotion #327"

An old neighbor was a sales rep for Pepsi distributing and got it for having the most sales for the year? in the quarter?... something like that.  He asked if I wanted to buy it.  Twisted my arm about an eighth of a millimeter and I said ok.

I'd been toying with the idea of changing the top "Mountain Dew" board to a DMD for game marquees and VPX toppers.  But if I did that, I'd also have to cut in a bigger monitor, get bigger speakers/sub woofer, a faster PC, lit buttons, add some led lights... oh... and a pair of fuzzy dice to hang somewhere.  lol  If that's not crazy enough, I saw a guys cab where the monitor would automatically rotate between landscape and portrait depending on the game being played. (differing MAME games of course).  Actually, that was kinda cool.  A little overkill.  But definitely cool.

Ya, I think I'll save my crazy ideas for building a full size pin cab.  Something else for my wife to roll her eyes at. lol