Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 bootleg board help need to fix it  (Read 2350 times)

m.andrade1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2023, 09:56:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Street Fighter 2 bootleg board help need to fix it
« on: July 30, 2018, 07:45:54 am »
Hello Guys
Have this old SF2 bootleg board that was working normaly, but stays to much long period without use, now i decide to give it a try on my multi-game cabinet, but the board now is acting strange, like it was out of sync (jumping sometimes) and all colors messy, any one have seen such issue like that.
OBS: Replace some caps since i dont have and schematics, i think those caps bellow to audio section think they will not interfering in video section, and arcade monitor is fine, because i use it with a regular PC with 15khz output and works fine, the problem is the sf2 board itself

Here is the video, and photos from the board: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BaAUY9bj4cMSUF758

Any help will be very much aprreciated !
Thanks
Marcos
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:52:30 am by m.andrade1 »

Ramakers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2020, 01:20:43 pm
Re: Street Fighter 2 bootleg board help need to fix it
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 01:50:15 pm »
some questions, there ar two videos in your link, how long is in between them? And there are only pictures of good images?
Why is there a transformer near the board?

m.andrade1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2023, 09:56:51 am
Re: Street Fighter 2 bootleg board help need to fix it
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:39:03 am »
Hello Remakers
The first video is showing the issue the board has no connection to video gnd, a good friend in Australia from the aussiearcade forum helped me solved the issue, the other video is without the video messing around with colors and sync, but show another issue (sprite issue with the bicycle guy), the isolator transformer is to juice the arcade monitor behild the tube, the Philips Shell is there only to host the tube, it´s running thru and arcade monitor.
And the pics i´m trying to improve the image and colors every day!

Thanks
Marcos