Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Clarification on using GroovyMAME on a LCD  (Read 36618 times)

schmerzkaufen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
Re: Clarification on using GroovyMAME on a LCD
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2018, 05:26:10 pm »
Man, I've been explaining the static method since last week, the involved options have been explained by me and others. How can you say I don't want people to learn about it?
Dude are you serious? Nope, you've explained one that worked for nVidia then I've asked how to do the same with my AMD, tried, provided information about what i was doing, the issues and more questions, but you either answered partially or not at all, or frankly even opposed it invoking various reasons, so I was about to give up when you've posted your complete solution invloving crt_emudrivers.
Honestly the impression you gave me is that at times you were having a conversation with someone else, or maybe you assumed I was something I'm not (like, not a complete noob with no idea what he's doing)

Anyway, if you'd like to arrange a writeup of course it's great. It's exactly the initiative to experiment and learn from trial and error what I like about users. You've found you're own way. Great! Share it with us.
Tomorrow because it's late, but basically since it wouldn't work whether modelines generation was on or off, I've updated my existing game and driver inis to call for the various resolution modes I've created in the AMD panel individually every time.
Again; in full details tomorrow with some pics.

But honestly you have a weird fashion to deal with people, I don't think you really paid attention to me at the beginning and instead you pushed me into something that was above my level with the consequences we've seen. Very bad idea.
Instead you could have just helped me achieve the static method when I was asking repeatedly about it, then tell me you'd write about the better/complete one later, which I was going to try too of course as I've stated.
There would have been only gratefulness and no escalation towards a messup that ate up a lot of our time an nerves, and actually I think that if you had helped me with the static from the start it would have procured me some training, and you could have recommended me to take the time to get familiar with crt-emudriver plus all the tools and stuff in preparation for your upcoming guide which could have been anytime in the future anyway.
I didn't find that any of what happened afterwards was the result of initiative or whatever, I just had enough of being toyed around and I was lucky to achieve the static method, but that didn't hep me improve, I still only very vaguely comprehend what's going on.
You should rethink you way of dealing with noobs, because it's not good. Or if you dislike doing this explaining cto omplete noobs, just say no from the start.

Expect me to critizice what I find wrong or improvable and expect me to judge how others should do custom video because I've been thinking about this problem for the last decade.
Criticize a noob after you actually helped him graduate from his ignorance, and in a way that's not like pushing him down the stairs, or criticize people you know are on your level.
Tomorrow I'll show you what I've found, whatever you think of it even if you don't like it: either help make it better or shove it up your bottom.
You've dropped me there with the crt_emudriver method you chose to push me into, when I think I wasn't too far from getting it, your reply #66 was like slap and I was puzzled of why you even reacted like that, so I do not feel like I owe you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:34:25 pm by schmerzkaufen »

B2K24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2023, 09:33:05 pm
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2018, 06:07:20 pm »
so I was about to give up

Please do already.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »
@Calamity

Would it make any sense to have two monitor settings for LCD...

LCD_Fixed
LCD_Multi

Or some other wording that makes more sense for the two use cases?

Yes, that's a possibility.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

rock145

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2021, 02:05:20 pm
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
I can see the benefits of these methods fixed and multi for lcd screens. I know that crt monitors are the best for groovymame, but there are people that don't have the space and crt are not produce anymore. I think the future is lcd whether we like it or not. I use groovymame on lcd's and find it much better than regular mame. I would really like something like this to work.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2018, 06:42:27 pm »
@schmerzkaufen, man, I have no words. Kill me.

Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2018, 07:56:15 pm »
@Paradroid; I won't answer your post because it's a school case of yet another person who assumes a ton of things really wrong about someone out of nothing but misuderstanding and prejudice.

Haha! The irony... you start the sentence by stating that you "won't answer" and then finish by making condescending assumptions about me. Sure, I had a crack at your impatience and petulance but there was also some good info in my post (including the irrefutable MAME data). I didn't take the time to put that together just to spite you, you know.

Out of curiosity, which part did you think I was prejudiced about? Your ignorance (which is fine... nobody starts out an expert) or your tedious verbosity?

It's not out of "misunderstanding and prejudice" either: your rants have provided plenty of grist for everyone's inbuilt sentiment analyzers.
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

Amplifuzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2018, 09:30:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »
Would it make any sense to have two monitor settings for LCD...

LCD_Fixed
LCD_Multi

Was about to suggest that as well.

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2018, 03:55:14 am »
So here's how I got the static method to work despite using an AMD (apparently the issue is that contrary to the nVidia they can't use modeline generation or switch between the different output display resolution modes, I don't know the reason)

step 0: first I have installed the latest AMD drivers for my R7 (Adrenalin 18.8.1) which unlike the older Crimson I had and Emudrivers, straight away set the monitor to the correct 60Hz mode (which slightly differs from the one I previously had to create manually), tested on two other 60Hz monitors with same good result.

step 1: extract the modeline & crt_range from that default 60Hz mode using arcade osd, and modify it as explained in the first part of Calamity's guide

step 2: this is where it begins to diverge from the method for nVidia. I have edited the mame.ini like this;
Code: [Select]
modeline_generation       0
monitor                   custom
lock_system_modes         0
lock_unsupported_modes    0
crt_range0                56250-84375, 50.00-75.00, 0.593, 0.297, 0.998, 0.059, 0.074, 0.534, 1, 1, 1080, 1080, 0, 0
warning: of course don't write the same crt_range I did, again you have to extract and modify your own, which is explained in the first half of calamity's guide.

step 3: create custom resolutions in your AMD control panel, I have made 8 (54Hz, 55Hz, 56Hz, 57Hz, 58Hz, 59Hz, 61Hz, 62Hz) but you can make more or less as you need.
It's simple click + to add a new one, only change the general refresh you want then click save, the AMD software will adjust the timings by itself.

step 4: go to MAME's 'ini' folder and edit your individual game or source .ini's there (reminder: source ini's should be placed in a 'source' subfolder, those inis cover the whole range of games of a single hardware emulated by a mame driver, for instance 'cps2.ini')
There in each individual .ini, edit the following according to your game or source hardware refresh, for instance;
in Irem m72.ini
sync_refresh_tolerance    1
resolution                1920x1080@55
or in cave.ini
sync_refresh_tolerance    1
resolution                1920x1080@58
etc.
Do it for all the hardwares you need, one by one, ini by ini.

step 5 / NOTE: since of course few games fall exactly to round numbers refreshes, whether GM will sync to your created custom AMD refresh up or down the list, will depend on what you write and how narrow you've set your sync_refresh_tolerance (tip: you can set it even narrower than 1 Hz like 0.5)
For instance DoDonpachi runs at 57.55Hz, if you write @58 in the ini the game will lock to that and show 101% ingame when you press F11, if you write @57 the game will show 100% (despite being very slighly slowed down), even 99% with some games if the gap-down is a bit wider.
You will often have to make this choice: a tiny bit faster or slower refresh speed.
I've done this using 0.196 so the way to adjust might change in a future version, I don't know.

Of course it's far from being ideal, the static method is inferior to the one using crt_emudriver, and what I'm showing you here is only a patched-up configuration I found trying things at random, so maybe there's a better and simpler way to do it.
Anyway it works. I've tried a ton of games ranging from 54Hz to over 61Hz, and all could sync smoothly with less than 1% refresh speed deviation.

--

@Paradroid; no irony I was simply stating why I wouldn't reply.
Now since you ask it's simple, your post is a collection of wrong statements that show blantantly that you haven't read me at all and assume plenty of things, some borderline insulting.
.That I'm unaware of Calamity's specificity and value, and that he's wasted his/everyone's time on me (I remind you it was his choice, I only tried my best to follow precisely by respect and interst of course)
.Schooling me about GM's original purpose again which becomes tediouslike a scratched record, like I don't know, but that's not the point of this thread orherwise it wouldn't be and calamity would have ignored it
.Of course I'm aware of the difficulty, as I said I realize there are several levels of accessibility, rather it's you guys and this very tiny bubble-community who clearly are not aware of what it represents for complete noobs with no knowledge at all in this field and few to no computer/hardware skills. otherwise I think Calamity wouldn't have dragged me into something that was too high-level too soon, he must be too used being in an environment where the only people talking with him are already experienced and skilled.
.All your writeup that followed is the balatant demonstration that you're another one who haven't read me at all: everything you show here I know already, and I have stated so several times. Otherwise why would I have attempted to follow Calamity's guide? seems like B2k24 you found time to judge me and my attitude but not to read my posts/history in this thread.

I think this experience has enlightened me on why people stay away from GM saying it's incomprehensible, it's because the developer and the small cicrle of people around him apparently unknowingly to them are standing over the clouds and don't see the floor, so they don't really see and hear the reality below enough to understand it.
It's terrible being around a bunch of people like that, you're only half-heard/read, misunderstood and judged for things you haven's said, and so it's normal that it got on my nerves, I did considerable effort to try and communicate and to catch up (again I was trying very hard to follow Calamity's track) and the moment I lost my footing and messed up settings saying 'I dont get this part' I ended up with only refusal and bullies who clearly arrived to play calamity's defenders like I was attacking him, which is stupidly wrong.
Because I didn't like what he put me through and I think he did something a bit selfish using me as a guinea pig a bit forcefully then quitting as I failed, doesn't mean I don't understand  the value of his work and am not grateful for it all, I've stated how much I admire it several times, but unlike you guys because if I have something to criticize I'll say it, Calamity is awesome and I love GM, but he's not some nobility or king I am forced to always address in an positive-only, critics-free manner. I wasn't heard half as I should have in this thread and pushed around to disaster, this is what happened so I say it period.
Maybe you guys are trying to keep Calamity in a cotton cage, but I'm being true that's all, as much as I admire and support what he does and I keep wishing him success.
Maybe GM would need middle persons to make the bridge between you and the oustside world, because the communication is too painful for someone like me from out there.
Or never change and GM will always remain at the bottom niche level in this bubble place, and never stand in the position it deserves topping crap like Retroarch & Co.

As far as I am concerned with that I'm done and out, maybe my little contribution will help someone with an AMD who would want to use the static method, maybe it will be trashed by you guys no matter what considering the mentalities here, but I don't care.
(I wanted to make it more detailed and add pictures to make it better but the atmosphere put me off here and I've lost some of my motivation)
In the future I won't ask anyone anything nor share my views in this forum, and just go back to the lurker noob status, which I believe you will all be happy about. Ciao!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:10:39 am by schmerzkaufen »

Amplifuzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2018, 09:30:46 pm
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2018, 11:28:25 am »
Why do you need to tweak individual .ini files for game or platform? With Nvidia once everything is set every game just snaps to the nearest integer refresh value with no further configuration needed, even with refresh tolerance left at 2.0. I'm using GM 0.197.

Honestly, this stuff should've been in mainline MAME since the very first release, if the goal was accurate arcade emulation. While I respect that GM is heavily CRT focused, it's great there's finally a sensible way to do it.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2018, 12:10:01 pm »
Why do you need to tweak individual .ini files for game or platform?

GM best mode picking is optimized for modeline generation. When the modeline generation option is disabled, it doesn't work very well because internally it still behaves as if it could adjust the refresh in the last step, so it doesn't take the existing refresh as the first condition to select modes.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, for next version I've modified how this is handled so now when modeline generation is disabled, the existing refresh rate will have preference over other considerations.

This way it will work as intended, automatically.

The extra adjustment you made to hfreqmin will be unnecessary now too.

Steps to create a log:

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2018, 12:24:10 pm »
Honestly, this stuff should've been in mainline MAME since the very first release, if the goal was accurate arcade emulation. While I respect that GM is heavily CRT focused, it's great there's finally a sensible way to do it.

I think you guys are a bit confused about this. Mainline MAME supports this already.

You can add custom modes to your system with any of the existing tools (gpu's control panel, CRU). MAME will pick them later as long as you use its native -switchres option. In case it fails to choose your desired mode, just force it in an ini.

Steps to create a log:

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2018, 01:25:46 pm »
I've uploaded a video to better illustrate the guide of infamy:

(If anyone knows a free program to do zoom in videos please let me know. Nothing fancy, just zoom)

With regards to the general method (static), GroovyMAME 0.200 enhances mode selection when modeline generation is disabled. Still no "lcd_multi" thing but things should work smoothly as long as you create a proper crt_range0, as it's been explained in the first posts.

Steps to create a log:

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »
So I've tried the static with 0.200 but it doesn't seem to work within certain ranges for me here, tried the below games, when they don't work it means the games run (sound can be heard) but I can only see a black screen.
On the other hand if I set the resolution & refresh in a game or source ini, it works normally. This behaviour is similar to 0.196

Reminder I'm using Adrenalin 18.8.1, which I previously said set itself to 60Hz by default but it was a fake/bastard '60p 59.939' accroding to arcade osd.
so I remade a custom in AMD cpl which this time is 60p 60.000, then extracted the base modeline & range from it.
Here it is;
The modified version is in my mame.ini (attached)
modeline "1920x1080_60 67.50KHz 60.00Hz" 148.50 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
crt_range 67490.00-67510.00, 50.00-60.00, 0.593, 0.296, 0.997, 0.059, 0.074, 0.533, 1, 1, 1080, 1305, 2160, 2610
My currently available modes;

I've attached 4 logs labelled 'black' when there's no image, plus 2 of games displaying normally.
haven't made any with games 'fixed' by the presence of an edited game or source ini, but I can add some if you need them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:40:47 pm by schmerzkaufen »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2018, 01:04:31 pm »
haven't made any with games 'fixed' by the presence of an edited game or source ini, but I can add some if you need them.

Yes, I'd need to see one log that's been fixed.

Internally, it's picking the right modes in every individual case. Have you tried each of the modes in Arcade OSD to check if they produce a black screen in there?
Steps to create a log:

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2018, 01:22:05 pm »
As you can see in the chart I have tried all those games, some run normally picking the right mode and playing smooth, some run but with no picture, apparently identically to what I've experienced in 0.196

edit; ah and if you meant directly in arcade osd one by one, yes they all display the grid+hue, no exception

logs attached with the inis that 'fix' the issue.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:26:41 pm by schmerzkaufen »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2018, 01:34:39 pm »
Ok, the logs look virtually identical when compared with the non-fixed version, with regards to mode selection.

Could you test esprade making absolutely sure that in GM's folder there is only one single ini: mame.ini, I mean moving the whole ini folder out of MAME's folder temporarily and just leaving mame.ini where the resolution setting is 1920x1080@0.
Steps to create a log:

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2018, 01:48:20 pm »
Yes, no difference. Actually I've tried it before. Also with reverting the resolution@refresh to 'auto'; no difference.

Honestly I don't mind making ini's for all systems that have the black screen problem, rather what's annoying when using inis higher than mame.ini (game.ini or source.ini) is that when you select a new game from the MAME integrated UI, it exits the game and you're back to the list, click on a different one and...the ini settings of the previous game are applied, including the resolution@refresh that's carried over. The only way to 'flush' is to restart MAME (they're aware of that flaw but I don't know the status)

edit: yes since you're gonna ask of course I've minded that when I was trying all the games
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:50:52 pm by schmerzkaufen »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2018, 02:09:23 pm »
The thing is that using inis shouldn't be required because GM is actually picking the same resolution you're forcing in your ini (you can see it in your logs), however for some reason this resolution doesn't end up being switched to.

And if it was a problem with the resolution itself, it should happen exactly the same whether the resolution is forced or not.

That's why I was thinking of an ini priority issue (quite easy to fall into this, we had a similar issue the other day with another user that ended up being this).

Otherwise it's an odd internal bug related to D3D9ex which obviously doesn't happen here or it'd be fixed already. Just in case I'd test the plain D3D build.

Steps to create a log:

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2018, 02:21:51 pm »
Just in case I'd test the plain D3D build.
I'll try with it later.

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2018, 03:04:36 pm »
^ Just did...produced exactly the same results. *scratching head*
So maybe it's a MAME/MEWUI or AMD thing.

Makes the static method a bit less convenient than with an nVidia but heh, even if it requires specific inis and restarts between games, it's still amazing that this method syncs all games smooth with very little refresh speed deviation, on a random non-free/gsync monitor.

Anyway there's of course the crt_emudriver advanced solution, which I'll retry some time in the future with your video (thanks a ton for that btw).

rock145

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2021, 02:05:20 pm
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2018, 05:14:05 pm »
Can somebody test this method with an lcd tv. I see the some tvs have 120hz clearmotion is that the same as 1080p@120?

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2018, 04:38:18 am »
TVs and monitors alike; different models will yield different results, so if someone just tells you "yeah works great with mine" unless you have the same model (or at least same brand and series) it won't help you much.

'clearmotion' 'trumotion' etc are just marketing terms for what's usually heavily processed blur reduction. If you want to know if a set actually supports real 120Hz from a source like a PC you need to check in a test review, like on rtings.com at 'supported resolutions'.
They're few models, and you'll see that currently it's only 1080p@120Hz scaled over 4K panels anyway.

As for GM we were talking about supporting native game refreshes the likes of 54Hz or 58Hz, but are you asking if GM can do variable doubled refreshes over one of those 1080@120 capable 4K TVs? like 108Hz or 116Hz?
If so WOW. I'm no specialist but that sounds a bit far-fetched, until true 4K@120Hz TVs become a thing you have better chances in the realm of monitors, I think...

(lastly: are higher doubled refreshes really useful for these old games anyway? unless it's for adding black frame insertion I wonder if the benefits are really there)

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2018, 02:34:48 pm »
UP!

So with GM 202 d3d9ex set for using the static method, for the past couple of hours I've been through a florilege of roms of various refreshes, and clearly Calamity fixed the issue that was preventing AMD GPU users to use only a fixed number of custom resolutions from their stock drivers control panel without needing a ton of specific ini files, it works like with the nVidia GPUs now.  :applaud:

I've used only the mame.ini then, set for the static method like before (modeline generation off again since I have an AMD, though I don't know if I still need to do that)

Note my R7 is still running under 18.8.1, I can update to 18.9.3 (optional) or downgrade to 18.5.1 (recommended) and redo the test if you want to confirm it's fine too with other versions of the stock AMD driver.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:51:44 pm by schmerzkaufen »

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 04:06:23 am
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2019, 01:58:15 pm »
I followed the guide with the custom crt range with the new crt emudriver and a rx570. Now I have the problem that games go turbo-speed on me when black frame insertion is enabled.
Esprade for example runs at 125%.
Without BFI game runs at normal speed.
Did anyone get it to run with correct speed and bfi combined?

edit:
The console window shows me the following when starting a game
switchres: error trying to fill monitor range with d3d

Monitor is a 144hz lcd. When not enabling BFI, and I go to the machine information of the running game, it shows me double the hz of the original refreshrate but gamespeed is normal.

This is my modeline and range
modeline "1920x1080_109 124.51KHz 109.42Hz" 258.99 1920 1968 2000 2080 1080 1083 1088 1138 +hsync -vsync
crt_range0 56900-163872, 50.00-144.00, 0.185, 0.124, 0.309, 0.024, 0.040, 0.402, 1, 0, 1080, 1080, 0, 0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:26:40 pm by retrogamer123 »

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2019, 07:11:18 am »
You should know by now that this requires to attach a log, or your post will be ignored.  ;)

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2019, 10:14:49 am »
Aside of the log which is indispesable to see what's going on (it's not that I'm a sort of maniac of logs, you guys should be the first ones to look in there to try and guess what's happening, if you can't figure out the contents then look again and again until you understand it, it's not that hard ;)) if what you want is to use bfi you first need to tell GM to double the vfreq. You do that by means of the vfreq range, currently you have 50-144, you'd need to use something like 100-144.
Steps to create a log:

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2019, 01:22:40 pm »
Aside of the log which is indispesable to see what's going on (it's not that I'm a sort of maniac of logs, you guys should be the first ones to look in there to try and guess what's happening, if you can't figure out the contents then look again and again until you understand it, it's not that hard ;)) if what you want is to use bfi you first need to tell GM to double the vfreq. You do that by means of the vfreq range, currently you have 50-144, you'd need to use something like 100-144.
I tried your suggestion. But sadly it didn't change anything :( I took a more extended look on the log and it seems that groovymame is not switching to the desired refreshrate at all.
It just uses a refreshrate thats available, instead of calculating one and switching to it. Doesn't matter if black frame insertion is enabled or not, e.g for esprade it just takes 120hz. Wonder what went wrong there.
As for the dummy mode, I just used 109 for modeline generation, since thats one I've added via cru sometime before.
Here is the current log:
Attempting load of mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Attempting load of vertical.ini
Attempting load of arcade.ini
Attempting load of raster.ini
Attempting load of source\cave.ini
Attempting load of esprade.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
SwitchRes: v0.017n, Monitor: custom, Orientation: horizontal, Modeline generation: disabled
SwitchRes: Monitor range 56900.00-163872.00,100.00-144.00,0.185,0.124,0.309,0.024,0.040,0.402,1,0,1080,1080,0,0
SwitchRes: \\.\DISPLAY22: Radeon RX 570 Series (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_E3431DA2&REV_EF)
SwitchRes: Device key: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{08CA0BA1-0C34-4029-9969-E92101514CF7}\0000
ATI/AMD ADL init
AMD driver version 18.5
ADL functions retrieved successfully.
Switchres: Searching for custom video modes...
Switchres: [  1]  640x 480 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [  2]  640x 480 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "640x480_60 31.462000KHz 59.927620Hz" 25.170000 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [  3]  640x 480 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [  4]  640x 480 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [  5]  640x 480 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [  6]  720x 480 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [  7]  720x 480 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "720x480_60 31.468000KHz 59.939049Hz" 27.000000 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [  8]  720x 480 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [  9]  720x 480 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 10]  720x 480 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 11]  720x 576 @ 50 : ATI ADL timing "720x576_50 31.250000KHz 50.000000Hz" 27.000000 720 732 796 864 576 581 586 625   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 12]  720x 576 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 13]  720x 576 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 14]  720x 576 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 15]  720x 576 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 16]  720x 576 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 17]  800x 600 @ 56 : ATI ADL timing "800x600_56 35.156000KHz 56.249599Hz" 36.000000 800 824 896 1024 600 601 603 625   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 18]  800x 600 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 19]  800x 600 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "800x600_60 37.878000KHz 60.315285Hz" 40.000000 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 20]  800x 600 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 21]  800x 600 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 22]  800x 600 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 23] 1024x 768 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 24] 1024x 768 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1024x768_60 48.363000KHz 60.003723Hz" 65.000000 1024 1048 1184 1344 768 771 777 806   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 25] 1024x 768 @ 70 : ATI ADL timing "1024x768_70 56.475000KHz 70.068237Hz" 75.000000 1024 1048 1184 1328 768 771 777 806   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 26] 1024x 768 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 27] 1024x 768 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 28] 1024x 768 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 29] 1152x 864 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 30] 1152x 864 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 31] 1152x 864 @ 75 : ATI ADL timing "1152x864_75 67.500000KHz 75.000000Hz" 108.000000 1152 1216 1344 1600 864 865 868 900   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 32] 1152x 864 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 33] 1152x 864 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 34] 1152x 864 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 35] 1280x 720 @ 50 : ATI ADL timing "1280x720_50 37.500000KHz 50.000000Hz" 74.250000 1280 1720 1760 1980 720 725 730 750   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 36] 1280x 720 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 37] 1280x 720 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x720_60 44.951000KHz 59.934666Hz" 74.170000 1280 1390 1430 1650 720 725 730 750   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 38] 1280x 720 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 39] 1280x 720 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 40] 1280x 720 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 41] 1280x 800 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 42] 1280x 800 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x800_60 49.702000KHz 59.809868Hz" 83.500000 1280 1352 1480 1680 800 803 809 831   -hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 43] 1280x 800 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 44] 1280x 800 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 45] 1280x 800 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 46] 1280x 960 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 47] 1280x 960 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x960_60 60.000000KHz 60.000000Hz" 108.000000 1280 1376 1488 1800 960 961 964 1000   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 48] 1280x 960 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 49] 1280x 960 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 50] 1280x 960 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 51] 1280x1024 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 52] 1280x1024 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x1024_60 63.981000KHz 60.019699Hz" 108.000000 1280 1328 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 53] 1280x1024 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 54] 1280x1024 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 55] 1280x1024 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 56] 1440x 900 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 57] 1440x 900 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1440x900_60 55.934000KHz 59.886509Hz" 106.500000 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 903 909 934   -hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 58] 1440x 900 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 59] 1440x 900 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 60] 1440x 900 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 61] 1440x1080 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 62] 1440x1080 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 63] 1440x1080 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 64] 1440x1080 @120 : ATI ADL timing "1440x1080_120 137.277000KHz 119.997375Hz" 216.350000 1440 1480 1512 1576 1080 1084 1089 1144   +hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 65] 1440x1080 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 66] 1600x 900 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 67] 1600x 900 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 68] 1600x 900 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 69] 1600x 900 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 70] 1600x 900 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 71] 1680x1050 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 72] 1680x1050 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1680x1050_60 65.290000KHz 59.954086Hz" 146.250000 1680 1784 1960 2240 1050 1053 1059 1089   -hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 73] 1680x1050 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 74] 1680x1050 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 75] 1680x1050 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 76] 1920x1080 @ 25 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_25 28.125000KHz 50.000000Hz" 74.250000 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1085 1095 1125 interlace  +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 77] 1920x1080 @ 29 : system mode
Switchres: [ 78] 1920x1080 @ 30 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_30 33.713000KHz 59.934223Hz" 74.170000 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1085 1095 1125 interlace  +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 79] 1920x1080 @ 50 : system mode
Switchres: [ 80] 1920x1080 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 81] 1920x1080 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 82] 1920x1080 @100 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_100 113.221000KHz 99.930275Hz" 235.500000 1920 1968 2000 2080 1080 1083 1088 1133   +hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 83] 1920x1080 @109 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_109 124.043000KHz 109.000877Hz" 258.010000 1920 1968 2000 2080 1080 1083 1088 1138   +hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 84] 1920x1080 @120 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_120 137.259000KHz 119.981644Hz" 285.500000 1920 1968 2000 2080 1080 1083 1088 1144   +hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 85] 1920x1080 @144* : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_144 158.112000KHz 144.000000Hz" 325.080000 1920 1944 1976 2056 1080 1083 1088 1098   +hsync +vsync
SwitchRes: Found 22 custom of 85 active video modes

SwitchRes: Entering switchres_modeline_setup
SwitchRes: v0.017n:[esprade] Calculating best video mode for 240x320@57.550644 orientation: rotated

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[60=59.927620Hz]
   rng(0):  out of range

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[60=59.939049Hz]

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[50=50.000000Hz]

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[56=56.249599Hz]

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[60=60.315285Hz]

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[60=60.003723Hz]

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[70=70.068237Hz]

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[75=75.000000Hz]

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[50=50.000000Hz]

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[60=59.934666Hz]

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[60=59.809868Hz]

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[60=60.000000Hz]

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[60=60.019699Hz]

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[60=59.886509Hz]

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[1080]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[1080]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[1080]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[1080]_[120=119.997375Hz]
   rng(0): 1440 x1080_119.997375p 137.277000 [fract] scale(3, 3, 2) diff(11.11, 11.11, 2.4480) ratio(6.000, 3.375)

SwitchRes: [1440]x[1080]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[60=59.954086Hz]

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[25=50.000000Hz]

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[29=29.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[30=59.934223Hz]

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[50=50.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[100=99.930275Hz]

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[109=109.000877Hz]
   rng(0): 1920 x1080_109.000877p 124.043000 [fract] scale(5, 3, 2) diff(11.11, 11.11, -3.0502) ratio(8.000, 3.375)

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[120=119.981644Hz]
   rng(0): 1920 x1080_119.981644p 137.259000 [fract] scale(5, 3, 2) diff(11.11, 11.11, 2.4402) ratio(8.000, 3.375)

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[144=144.000000Hz]

SwitchRes: [esprade] (1) vertical (240x320@57.550644)->(1920x1080@119.981644)
   rng(0): 1920 x1080_119.981644p 137.259000 [fract] scale(5, 3, 2) diff(11.11, 11.11, 2.4402) ratio(8.000, 3.375)
SwitchRes: Setting option -rotate
SwitchRes: Setting option -noror
SwitchRes: Setting option -noautoror
SwitchRes: Setting option -norol
SwitchRes: Setting option -noautorol
SwitchRes: Setting option -keepaspect
SwitchRes: Setting option -unevenstretch
SwitchRes: Setting option -nounevenstretchx
SwitchRes: Setting option -black_frame_insertion
SwitchRes: Setting option -syncrefresh
SwitchRes: Setting option -notriplebuffer
SwitchRes: Setting option -waitvsync
SwitchRes: Setting option -nofilter
Video: Monitor 5243905 = "\\.\DISPLAY22" (primary)
Direct3D: Using Direct3D 9Ex
Physical width 1920, height 1080
Direct3D: Initialize
Direct3D: Configuring adapter #0 = Radeon RX 570 Series
Direct3D: Adapter has Vendor ID: 1002 and Device ID: 67DF
Direct3D: Using dynamic textures
Direct3D: YUV format = RGB
Direct3D: Max texture size = 16384x16384
Direct3D: Device created at 1920x1080
Direct3D: Initialize HLSL
Direct3D: First store options
Direct3D: HLSL initialized
DirectInput: Using DirectInput 8
RawInput: APIs detected
stream_buffer_size = 37888
DirectSound: Primary buffer: 48000 Hz, 16 bits, 2 channels
Input: Adding keyboard #0: Keyboard (device id: Keyboard product_6f1d2b61-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000 instance_6f1d2b61-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000)
Input: Adding mouse #0: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C049&MI_00#7&b2d31c1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding lightgun #0: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C049&MI_00#7&b2d31c1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding joystick #0: XInput Player 1 (device id: XInput Player 1)
Input: Adding joystick #1: XInput Player 2 (device id: XInput Player 2)
Region ':maincpu' created
unzip: opened archive file roms\esprade.zip
unzip: found roms\esprade.zip ECD
unzip: roms\esprade.zip has no ZIP64 ECD locator
unzip: read roms\esprade.zip central directory
unzip: closing archive file roms\esprade.zip and sending to cache
unzip: found roms\esprade.zip in cache
Region ':sprites0' created
Region ':layer0' created
Region ':layer1' created
Region ':layer2' created
Region ':ymz' created
Region ':eeprom' created
Optional device ':startup' not found
Optional device ':soundlatch' not found
Optional device ':int_timer_right' not found
Optional device ':int_timer_left' not found
Optional device ':oki2' not found
Optional device ':oki1' not found
Optional device ':audiocpu' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki2_bankhi' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki1_bankhi' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki2_banklo' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki1_banklo' not found
Optional memory bank ':z80bank' not found
Optional memory region ':audiocpu' not found
Optional memory region ':oki2' not found
Optional memory region ':oki1' not found
Optional memory region ':layer3' not found
Optional memory region ':sprites3' not found
Optional memory region ':sprites2' not found
Optional memory region ':sprites1' not found
Optional shared pointer ':paletteram.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':paletteram.2' not found
Optional shared pointer ':paletteram.1' not found
Optional shared pointer ':spriteram.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':spriteram.2' not found
Optional shared pointer ':spriteram.1' not found
Optional shared pointer ':vctrl.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':vram.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':videoregs.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':videoregs.2' not found
Optional shared pointer ':videoregs.1' not found
Optional device ':screen:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Optional memory region ':palette:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Optional device ':eeprom:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Optional device ':ymz:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Starting ESP Ra.De. (International, Ver. 98/04/22) ':'
  (missing dependencies; rescheduling)
Starting Motorola MC68000 ':maincpu'
Starting Timer ':int_timer'
Starting Video Screen ':screen'
Starting palette ':palette'
Starting Serial EEPROM 93C46 (64x16) ':eeprom'
Starting gfxdecode ':gfxdecode'
Starting Speaker ':mono'
Starting Yamaha YMZ280B PCMD8 ':ymz'
Attempting to parse: default.cfg
Input: Remapped joystick #0: XInput Player 1 (device id: XInput Player 1)
Input: Remapped joystick #1: XInput Player 2 (device id: XInput Player 2)
Attempting t

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2019, 01:23:10 pm »
Here is my current mame ini
#
# CORE CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
#
readconfig                1
writeconfig               0

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
homepath                  .
rompath                   roms
hashpath                  hash
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork
ctrlrpath                 ctrlr
inipath                   .;ini;ini/presets
fontpath                  .
cheatpath                 cheat
crosshairpath             crosshair
pluginspath               plugins
languagepath              language
swpath                    software

#
# CORE OUTPUT DIRECTORY OPTIONS
#
cfg_directory             cfg
nvram_directory           nvram
input_directory           inp
state_directory           sta
snapshot_directory        snap
diff_directory            diff
comment_directory         comments

#
# CORE STATE/PLAYBACK OPTIONS
#
state                     
autosave                  0
rewind                    0
rewind_capacity           100
playback                 
record                   
record_timecode           0
exit_after_playback       0
mngwrite                 
aviwrite                 
wavwrite                 
snapname                  %g/%i
snapsize                  auto
snapview                  internal
snapbilinear              1
statename                 %g
burnin                    0

#
# CORE PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
#
autoframeskip             0
frameskip                 0
seconds_to_run            0
throttle                  1
syncrefresh               1
autosync                  1
sleep                     0
speed                     1.0
refreshspeed              0

#
# CORE RENDER OPTIONS
#
keepaspect                1
unevenstretch             1
unevenstretchx            0
unevenstretchy            0
autostretchxy             0
intoverscan               0
intscalex                 0
intscaley                 0

#
# CORE ROTATION OPTIONS
#
rotate                    1
ror                       0
rol                       0
autoror                   1
autorol                   0
flipx                     0
flipy                     0

#
# CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS
#
artwork_crop              1
use_backdrops             0
use_overlays              0
use_bezels                0
use_cpanels               0
use_marquees              0
fallback_artwork         
override_artwork         

#
# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS
#
brightness                1.0
contrast                  1.0
gamma                     1.0
pause_brightness          0.65
effect                    none

#
# CORE VECTOR OPTIONS
#
beam_width_min            1.0
beam_width_max            1.0
beam_intensity_weight     0
flicker                   0

#
# CORE SOUND OPTIONS
#
samplerate                48000
samples                   1
volume                    0

#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     default
mouse                     0
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                0
steadykey                 0
ui_active                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.3
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
joystick_contradictory    0
coin_impulse              0

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             keyboard
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          keyboard
lightgun_device           keyboard
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

#
# CORE DEBUGGING OPTIONS
#
verbose                   0
log                       0
oslog                     0
debug                     0
update_in_pause           0
debugscript               

#
# CORE COMM OPTIONS
#
comm_localhost            0.0.0.0
comm_localport            15112
comm_remotehost           127.0.0.1
comm_remoteport           15112
comm_framesync            0

#
# CORE MISC OPTIONS
#
drc                       1
drc_use_c                 0
drc_log_uml               0
drc_log_native            0
bios                     
cheat                     1
skip_gameinfo             1
uifont                    default
ui                        cabinet
ramsize                   
confirm_quit              0
ui_mouse                  1
language                  English
nvram_save                1

#
# SCRIPTING OPTIONS
#
autoboot_command         
autoboot_delay            0
autoboot_script           
console                   0
plugins                   1
plugin                    highscore
noplugin                 

#
# HTTP SERVER OPTIONS
#
http                      0
http_port                 8080
http_root                 web

#
# CORE SWITCHRES OPTIONS
#
modeline_generation       0
monitor                   custom
resolution 1920x1080@109
orientation               horizontal
connector                 auto
interlace                 1
doublescan                1
super_width               2560
changeres                 1
powerstrip                0
lock_system_modes         1
lock_unsupported_modes    1
refresh_dont_care         0
dotclock_min              0
sync_refresh_tolerance    2.0
frame_delay               0
vsync_offset              0
black_frame_insertion     1
modeline                  auto
ps_timing                 auto
lcd_range                 100-144
crt_range0 56900-163872, 100-144.00, 0.185, 0.124, 0.309, 0.024, 0.040, 0.402, 1, 0, 1080, 1080, 0, 0
crt_range1                auto
crt_range2                auto
crt_range3                auto
crt_range4                auto
crt_range5                auto
crt_range6                auto
crt_range7                auto
crt_range8                auto
crt_range9                d3d

#
# OSD KEYBOARD MAPPING OPTIONS
#
uimodekey                 SCRLOCK

#
# OSD FONT OPTIONS
#
uifontprovider            auto

#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    auto

#
# OSD INPUT OPTIONS
#
keyboardprovider          dinput
mouseprovider             auto
lightgunprovider          auto
joystickprovider          xinput

#
# OSD DEBUGGING OPTIONS
#
debugger                  auto
debugger_font             auto
debugger_font_size        0
watchdog                  0

#
# OSD PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
#
numprocessors             auto
bench                     0

#
# OSD VIDEO OPTIONS
#
video                     d3d
numscreens                1
window                    0
maximize                  1
waitvsync                 1
monitorprovider           auto

#
# OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS
#
screen                    auto
aspect                    auto
resolution                auto
view                      auto
screen0                   auto
aspect0                   auto
resolution0               auto
view0                     auto
screen1                   auto
aspect1                   auto
resolution1               auto
view1                     auto
screen2                   auto
aspect2                   auto
resolution2               auto
view2                     auto
screen3                   auto
aspect3                   auto
resolution3               auto
view3                     auto

#
# OSD FULL SCREEN OPTIONS
#
switchres                 0

#
# OSD ACCELERATED VIDEO OPTIONS
#
filter                    0
prescale                  1

#
# OpenGL-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
#
gl_forcepow2texture       0
gl_notexturerect          0
gl_vbo                    1
gl_pbo                    1
gl_glsl                   0
gl_glsl_filter            1
glsl_shader_mame0         none
glsl_shader_mame1         none
glsl_shader_mame2         none
glsl_shader_mame3         none
glsl_shader_mame4         none
glsl_shader_mame5         none
glsl_shader_mame6         none
glsl_shader_mame7         none
glsl_shader_mame8         none
glsl_shader_mame9         none
glsl_shader_screen0       none
glsl_shader_screen1       none
glsl_shader_screen2       none
glsl_shader_screen3       none
glsl_shader_screen4       none
glsl_shader_screen5       none
glsl_shader_screen6       none
glsl_shader_screen7       none
glsl_shader_screen8       none
glsl_shader_screen9       none

#
# OSD SOUND OPTIONS
#
sound                     auto
audio_latency             2.0

#
# PORTAUDIO OPTIONS
#
pa_api                    none
pa_device                 none
pa_latency                0

#
# BGFX POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
bgfx_path                 bgfx
bgfx_backend              auto
bgfx_debug                0
bgfx_screen_chains        default
bgfx_shadow_mask          slot-mask.png
bgfx_avi_name             auto

#
# WINDOWS PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
#
priority                  0
profile                   0

#
# WINDOWS VIDEO OPTIONS
#
menu                      0

#
# DIRECT3D POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
hlslpath                  hlsl
hlsl_enable               0
hlsl_oversampling         1
hlsl_write               
hlsl_snap_width           1440
hlsl_snap_height          1080
shadow_mask_tile_mode     0
shadow_mask_alpha         0.10
shadow_mask_texture       slot-mask.png
shadow_mask_x_count       12
shadow_mask_y_count       12
shadow_mask_usize         0.5
shadow_mask_vsize         0.5
shadow_mask_uoffset       0.0
shadow_mask_voffset       0.0
distortion                0.0
cubic_distortion          0.0
distort_corner            0.0
round_corner              0.0
smooth_border             0.0
reflection                0.0
vignetting                0.0
scanline_alpha            0.30
scanline_size             1.0
scanline_height           1.0
scanline_variation        1.0
scanline_bright_scale     1.0
scanline_bright_offset    0.2
scanline_jitter           0.0
hum_bar_alpha             0.0
defocus                   0.0,0.0
converge_x                0.0,0.0,0.0
converge_y                0.0,0.0,0.0
radial_converge_x         0.0,0.0,0.0
radial_converge_y         0.0,0.0,0.0
red_ratio                 1.0,0.0,0.0
grn_ratio                 0.0,1.0,0.0
blu_ratio                 0.0,0.0,1.0
saturation                0.9
offset                    0.0,0.0,0.0
scale                     1.0,1.0,1.0
power                     1.0,1.0,0.95
floor                     0.0,0.0,0.0
phosphor_life             0.0,0.0,0.0

#
# NTSC POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
yiq_enable                0
yiq_jitter                0.0
yiq_cc                    3.57954545
yiq_a                     0.5
yiq_b                     0.5
yiq_o                     0.0
yiq_p                     1.0
yiq_n                     1.0
yiq_y                     6.0
yiq_i                     1.2
yiq_q                     0.6
yiq_scan_time             52.6
yiq_phase_count           2

#
# VECTOR POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
vector_beam_smooth        0.0
vector_length_scale       0.5
vector_length_ratio       0.5

#
# BLOOM POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
bloom_blend_mode          0
bloom_scale               0.07
bloom_overdrive           1.0,1.0,1.0
bloom_lvl0_weight         1.0
bloom_lvl1_weight         0.64
bloom_lvl2_weight         0.32
bloom_lvl3_weight         0.16
bloom_lvl4_weight         0.08
bloom_lvl5_weight         0.06
bloom_lvl6_weight         0.04
bloom_lvl7_weight         0.02
bloom_lvl8_weight         0.01

#
# FULL SCREEN OPTIONS
#
triplebuffer              0
full_screen_brightness    1.0
full_screen_contrast      1.0
full_screen_gamma         1.0

#
# INPUT DEVICE OPTIONS
#
global_inputs             0
dual_lightgun             0

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2019, 01:33:38 pm »
Problems:

- You have to raise hfreqmin accordingly to vfreqmin: crt_range0 113800.00-163872.00,100.00-144.00,0.185,0.124,0.309,0.024,0.040,0.402,1,0,1080,1080,0,0
- You added the -resolution option correctly but left the "resolution auto" line below so it takes no effect.
- You have modeline_generation disabled, so it's not generating modelines for the required timings.
Steps to create a log:

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2019, 01:43:20 pm »
As for the dummy mode, I just used 109 for modeline generation, since thats one I've added via cru sometime before.

Also, the point in making the whole process, even adding the dummy mode, with VMMaker is because this way you read the actual timings of your monitor's native modes. This way you have the highest guarantees that the modelines you create after that are going to be accepted by your monitor. Using CRU may work, but it won't use your monitor timings but some vesa standard instead.
Steps to create a log:

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2019, 01:55:46 pm »
I've now removed all custom resolutions I've created with cru before, added the dummymodeline via vmmaker, and made your suggested changes to the mame.ini
Now Resolutionswitching does its job :). Only thing that is left is that my gamespeed is at 125%.
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
SwitchRes: v0.017n, Monitor: custom, Orientation: horizontal, Modeline generation: enabled
SwitchRes: Monitor range 54900.00-158112.00,100.00-144.00,0.074,0.098,0.246,0.019,0.032,0.063,1,1,1080,1080,0,0
SwitchRes: \\.\DISPLAY29: Radeon RX 570 Series (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_E3431DA2&REV_EF)
SwitchRes: Device key: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{08CA0BA1-0C34-4029-9969-E92101514CF7}\0000
ATI/AMD ADL init
AMD driver version 18.5
ADL functions retrieved successfully.
Switchres: Searching for custom video modes...
Switchres: [  1]  640x 480 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [  2]  640x 480 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "640x480_60 31.462000KHz 59.927620Hz" 25.170000 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [  3]  640x 480 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [  4]  640x 480 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [  5]  640x 480 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [  6]  720x 480 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [  7]  720x 480 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "720x480_60 31.468000KHz 59.939049Hz" 27.000000 720 736 798 858 480 489 495 525   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [  8]  720x 480 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [  9]  720x 480 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 10]  720x 480 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 11]  720x 576 @ 50 : ATI ADL timing "720x576_50 31.250000KHz 50.000000Hz" 27.000000 720 732 796 864 576 581 586 625   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 12]  720x 576 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 13]  720x 576 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 14]  720x 576 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 15]  720x 576 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 16]  720x 576 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 17]  800x 600 @ 56 : ATI ADL timing "800x600_56 35.156000KHz 56.249599Hz" 36.000000 800 824 896 1024 600 601 603 625   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 18]  800x 600 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 19]  800x 600 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "800x600_60 37.878000KHz 60.315285Hz" 40.000000 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 20]  800x 600 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 21]  800x 600 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 22]  800x 600 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 23] 1024x 768 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 24] 1024x 768 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1024x768_60 48.363000KHz 60.003723Hz" 65.000000 1024 1048 1184 1344 768 771 777 806   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 25] 1024x 768 @ 70 : ATI ADL timing "1024x768_70 56.475000KHz 70.068237Hz" 75.000000 1024 1048 1184 1328 768 771 777 806   -hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 26] 1024x 768 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 27] 1024x 768 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 28] 1024x 768 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 29] 1152x 864 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 30] 1152x 864 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 31] 1152x 864 @ 75 : ATI ADL timing "1152x864_75 67.500000KHz 75.000000Hz" 108.000000 1152 1216 1344 1600 864 865 868 900   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 32] 1152x 864 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 33] 1152x 864 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 34] 1152x 864 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 35] 1280x 720 @ 50 : ATI ADL timing "1280x720_50 37.500000KHz 50.000000Hz" 74.250000 1280 1720 1760 1980 720 725 730 750   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 36] 1280x 720 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 37] 1280x 720 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x720_60 44.951000KHz 59.934666Hz" 74.170000 1280 1390 1430 1650 720 725 730 750   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 38] 1280x 720 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 39] 1280x 720 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 40] 1280x 720 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 41] 1280x 800 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 42] 1280x 800 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x800_60 49.702000KHz 59.809868Hz" 83.500000 1280 1352 1480 1680 800 803 809 831   -hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 43] 1280x 800 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 44] 1280x 800 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 45] 1280x 800 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 46] 1280x 960 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 47] 1280x 960 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x960_60 60.000000KHz 60.000000Hz" 108.000000 1280 1376 1488 1800 960 961 964 1000   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 48] 1280x 960 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 49] 1280x 960 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 50] 1280x 960 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 51] 1280x1024 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 52] 1280x1024 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1280x1024_60 63.981000KHz 60.019699Hz" 108.000000 1280 1328 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 53] 1280x1024 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 54] 1280x1024 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 55] 1280x1024 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 56] 1440x 900 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 57] 1440x 900 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1440x900_60 55.934000KHz 59.886509Hz" 106.500000 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 903 909 934   -hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 58] 1440x 900 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 59] 1440x 900 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 60] 1440x 900 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 61] 1600x 900 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 62] 1600x 900 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 63] 1600x 900 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 64] 1600x 900 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 65] 1600x 900 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 66] 1680x1050 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 67] 1680x1050 @ 60 : ATI ADL timing "1680x1050_60 65.290000KHz 59.954086Hz" 146.250000 1680 1784 1960 2240 1050 1053 1059 1089   -hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 68] 1680x1050 @100 : system mode
Switchres: [ 69] 1680x1050 @120 : system mode
Switchres: [ 70] 1680x1050 @144 : system mode
Switchres: [ 71] 1920x1080 @ 25 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_25 28.125000KHz 50.000000Hz" 74.250000 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1085 1095 1125 interlace  +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 72] 1920x1080 @ 29 : system mode
Switchres: [ 73] 1920x1080 @ 30 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_30 33.713000KHz 59.934223Hz" 74.170000 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1085 1095 1125 interlace  +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 74] 1920x1080 @ 50 : system mode
Switchres: [ 75] 1920x1080 @ 58 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_58 125.920000KHz 115.100548Hz" 255.870000 1920 1944 1968 2032 1080 1082 1086 1094   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: [ 76] 1920x1080 @ 59 : system mode
Switchres: [ 77] 1920x1080 @ 60 : system mode
Switchres: [ 78] 1920x1080 @100 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_100 113.221000KHz 99.930275Hz" 235.500000 1920 1968 2000 2080 1080 1083 1088 1133   +hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 79] 1920x1080 @120 : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_120 137.259000KHz 119.981644Hz" 285.500000 1920 1968 2000 2080 1080 1083 1088 1144   +hsync -vsync
Switchres: [ 80] 1920x1080 @144* : ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_144 158.112000KHz 144.000000Hz" 325.080000 1920 1944 1976 2056 1080 1083 1088 1098   +hsync +vsync
SwitchRes: Found 21 custom of 80 active video modes
SwitchRes: -resolution was forced as 1920x1080@58

SwitchRes: Entering switchres_modeline_setup
SwitchRes: v0.017n:[esprade] Calculating best video mode for 240x320@57.550644 orientation: rotated

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_(60=59.927620Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 640]x[ 480]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_(60=59.939049Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 480]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_(50=50.000000Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 720]x[ 576]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_(56=56.249599Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_(60=60.315285Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [ 800]x[ 600]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_(60=60.003723Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_(70=70.068237Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1024]x[ 768]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_(75=75.000000Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1152]x[ 864]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_(50=50.000000Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_(60=59.934666Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 720]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_(60=59.809868Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 800]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_(60=60.000000Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[ 960]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_(60=60.019699Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1280]x[1024]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_(60=59.886509Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1440]x[ 900]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1600]x[ 900]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_(60=59.954086Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[100=100.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[120=120.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1680]x[1050]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_(25=50.000000Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[29=29.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_(30=59.934223Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[50=50.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_(58=115.100548Hz)
   rng(0): 1920 x1080_115.101288p 125.920809 [fract] scale(5, 3, 2) diff(11.11, 22.03, 0.0000) ratio(8.000, 3.375)

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[59=59.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[60=60.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_(100=99.930275Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_(120=119.981644Hz) - locked

SwitchRes: [1920]x[1080]_[144=144.000000Hz] - locked

SwitchRes: [esprade] (1) vertical (240x320@57.550644)->(1920x1080@115.101288)
   rng(0): 1920 x1080_115.101288p 125.920809 [fract] scale(5, 3, 2) diff(11.11, 22.03, 0.0000) ratio(8.000, 3.375)
SwitchRes: Modeline "1920x1080_58 125.920809KHz 115.101288Hz" 255.871088 1920 1944 1968 2032 1080 1082 1086 1094   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: saving    ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_58 125.920000KHz 115.100548Hz" 255.870000 1920 1944 1968 2032 1080 1082 1086 1094   +hsync +vsync
Switchres: updating  ATI ADL timing "1920x1080_58 125.920809KHz 115.101288Hz" 255.871088 1920 1944 1968 2032 1080 1082 1086 1094   +hsync +vsync
SwitchRes: Setting option -rotate
SwitchRes: Setting option -noror
SwitchRes: Setting option -noautoror
SwitchRes: Setting option -norol
SwitchRes: Setting option -noautorol
SwitchRes: Setting option -keepaspect
SwitchRes: Setting option -unevenstretch
SwitchRes: Setting option -nounevenstretchx
SwitchRes: Setting option -black_frame_insertion
SwitchRes: Setting option -syncrefresh
SwitchRes: Setting option -notriplebuffer
SwitchRes: Setting option -waitvsync
SwitchRes: Setting option -nofilter
Video: Monitor 5243905 = "\\.\DISPLAY29" (primary)
Direct3D: Using Direct3D 9Ex
Physical width 1920, height 1080
Direct3D: Initialize
Direct3D: Configuring adapter #0 = Radeon RX 570 Series
Direct3D: Adapter has Vendor ID: 1002 and Device ID: 67DF
Direct3D: Using dynamic textures
Direct3D: YUV format = RGB
Direct3D: Max texture size = 16384x16384
Direct3D: Device created at 1920x1080
Direct3D: Initialize HLSL
Direct3D: First store options
Direct3D: HLSL initialized
DirectInput: Using DirectInput 8
stream_buffer_size = 37888
DirectSound: Primary buffer: 48000 Hz, 16 bits, 2 channels
Input: Adding keyboard #0: Keyboard (device id: Keyboard product_6f1d2b61-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000 instance_6f1d2b61-d5a0-11cf-bfc7-444553540000)
Input: Adding mouse #0: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C049&MI_00#7&b2d31c1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding lightgun #0: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C049&MI_00#7&b2d31c1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding joystick #0: XInput Player 1 (device id: XInput Player 1)
Input: Adding joystick #1: XInput Player 2 (device id: XInput Player 2)
Region ':maincpu' created
unzip: found roms\esprade.zip ECD
unzip: roms\esprade.zip has no ZIP64 ECD locator
unzip: read roms\esprade.zip central directory
Region ':sprites0' created
Region ':layer0' created
Region ':layer1' created
Region ':layer2' created
Region ':ymz' created
Region ':eeprom' created
Optional device ':startup' not found
Optional device ':soundlatch' not found
Optional device ':int_timer_right' not found
Optional device ':int_timer_left' not found
Optional device ':oki2' not found
Optional device ':oki1' not found
Optional device ':audiocpu' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki2_bankhi' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki1_bankhi' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki2_banklo' not found
Optional memory bank ':oki1_banklo' not found
Optional memory bank ':z80bank' not found
Optional memory region ':audiocpu' not found
Optional memory region ':oki2' not found
Optional memory region ':oki1' not found
Optional memory region ':layer3' not found
Optional memory region ':sprites3' not found
Optional memory region ':sprites2' not found
Optional memory region ':sprites1' not found
Optional shared pointer ':paletteram.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':paletteram.2' not found
Optional shared pointer ':paletteram.1' not found
Optional shared pointer ':spriteram.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':spriteram.2' not found
Optional shared pointer ':spriteram.1' not found
Optional shared pointer ':vctrl.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':vram.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':videoregs.3' not found
Optional shared pointer ':videoregs.2' not found
Optional shared pointer ':videoregs.1' not found
Optional memory region ':palette:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Optional device ':eeprom:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Optional device ':ymz:finder_dummy_tag' not found
Starting Motorola MC68000 ':maincpu'
Starting Timer ':int_timer'
Starting Video Screen ':screen'
Starting palette ':palette'
Starting Serial EEPROM 93C46 (64x16) ':eeprom'
Starting gfxdecode ':gfxdecode'
Starting Yamaha YMZ280B PCMD8 ':ymz'
Input: Remapped joystick #0: XInput Player 1 (device id: XInput Player 1)
Input: Remapped joystick #1: XInput Player 2 (device id: XInput Player 2)
Attempting to parse: esprade.cfg

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2019, 02:08:35 pm »
you guys should be the first ones to look in there to try and guess what's happening, if you can't figure out the contents then look again and again until you understand it, it's not that hard ;)
::) sorry for yet another of my OT interventions but; again that belief? Yeah for you and the regulars of communities of this kind of course it's not technical mumbo-jumbo. For me the typical layman several parts (of the logs but also MAME/GM in general) are like russian or hebrew, and no way they'll decode themselves if I just stare harder, I have to learn from scratch the language you guys have been learning since you were young, no way to catch up quickly, no way I can use those logs entirely to help myself until I acquire a reasonable understanding of how all this stuff works and holds together, and that's still very far away. Until that day arrives I can only manage to monkey through it and ask for help, that's what I do.  :lol

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2019, 02:19:19 pm »
I've now removed all custom resolutions I've created with cru before, added the dummymodeline via vmmaker, and made your suggested changes to the mame.ini
Now Resolutionswitching does its job :). Only thing that is left is that my gamespeed is at 125%.

If you're using a Freesync monitor, you must turn it off.
Steps to create a log:

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2019, 02:28:49 pm »
::) sorry for yet another of my OT interventions but; again that belief?

At least be pragmatic. Nerds find it boring to deal with non-tech humans. Pretending to be tech will reveal you as a lamer but at least you'll get attention and help :)
Steps to create a log:

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2019, 02:32:56 pm »
Nerds find it boring to deal with non-tech humans.

Ahem, we're "geeks", not "nerds".

retrogamer123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2019, 02:34:25 pm »
You mean I have to disable freesync for it to work correctly? Can't do that via the monitor, only via the radeon graphics panel that I don't seem to have on crt emudriver ^^".
Guess I have to find out how to install the panel standalone or do it via registry or an external tool.

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2019, 02:46:10 pm »
At least be pragmatic. Nerds find it boring to deal with non-tech humans. Pretending to be tech will reveal you as a lamer but at least you'll get attention and help :)
Do you mean you think that's what I do and my reason to be here? never thought you would, because obviously I only ever deal in surface level/tip-of-the-iceberg stuff, for everything else goes without saying that I'm struggling. Well, whatever, I support GM because it's right and awesome, doesn't matter if I'm misundertood and don't fit in. *shrug*

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2019, 02:52:42 pm »
Do you mean you think that's what I do and my reason to be here? never thought you would, because obviously I only ever deal in surface level/tip-of-the-iceberg stuff, for everything else goes without saying that I'm struggling. Well, whatever, I support GM because it's right and awesome, doesn't matter if I'm misundertood and don't fit in. *shrug*

No no. I was suggesting you to pretend some geekness rather than being so plainly honest about your lack of skills that it sounds like overacting :)
Steps to create a log:

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2019, 02:54:25 pm »
Do you mean you think that's what I do and my reason to be here?

May have been an attempt at humor? :)

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2019, 03:12:24 pm »
No no. I was suggesting you to pretend some geekness rather than being so plainly honest about your lack of skills that it sounds like overacting :)
Well that's what I got but again I'm surprised you would think so, since I've only ever discussed pretty low-skilled stuff and always made painfully loud and clear how I can't keep up with all the technical stuff.
My god how easily I manage to make myself completely misunderstood (maybe as Para says because I'm too wordy). Yet recently in another topic I don't remember who I was talking with but, I've re-stated precisely where I'm at comprehension-wise and why I persist with Groovy...
Welp...:/

BOYS! IT'S REALLY TOUGH BEING NON-GEEK IN A GEEK WORLD! you don't imagine. No really.  :lol