Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade OSD and Midway resolutions  (Read 1625 times)

LazyAce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2020, 09:44:45 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade OSD and Midway resolutions
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:00:21 am »
Another question from me, but hopefully an easy one.

For CPS 1 etc. the resolution modes are easy to identify in Arcade OSD such as 60hz at 224 etc. However I can't find the exact rate and size  for Midway games so can't get accurate Porch and Freq. values. Don't really want to have to trial and error guess it, is there an obvious mode for these games I just can't see?

Thanks

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Arcade OSD and Midway resolutions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:07:58 am »
Launch your game with GM, using the -v option, as if you were to create a log. Exit.

Launch Arcade OSD. You'll notice the option "Get mode from clipboad" is enabled. Use it, it will load the last video used by GM.

Make your tweaks. When you're done, use the option "Copy mode to clipboard", then open Notepad, CTRL+V and you'll get the relevant values to create a custom crt_range.

My advice is to only use the horizontal values, leave alone vertical porches, unless the picture is not centered.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

LazyAce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2020, 09:44:45 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:25:56 am »
Launch your game with GM, using the -v option, as if you were to create a log. Exit.

Launch Arcade OSD. You'll notice the option "Get mode from clipboad" is enabled. Use it, it will load the last video used by GM.

Make your tweaks. When you're done, use the option "Copy mode to clipboard", then open Notepad, CTRL+V and you'll get the relevant values to create a custom crt_range.

My advice is to only use the horizontal values, leave alone vertical porches, unless the picture is not centered.

Thanks that works great for everything else, as soon as I change even one value with anything Midway and 'test' the image messes up and goes nuts. Nothing else does this :/ Bloody Midway!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 11:44:41 am »
That's because you must be changing the wrong stuff. If you keep vfreq/hfreq fixed, then everything else should be adjustable.

Anyway just in case, restart your PC, sometimes a mode gets corrupt while messing with Arcade OSD too much.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi