Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade 1Up's Ikea cabinets  (Read 223468 times)

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Arcade 1Up's Ikea cabinets
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2018, 03:22:25 pm »
Edit: a quick Google search shows that system cost $5K in 1996! Adjusted for inflation, that's over $8K today. I can't imagine paying that much for a system now.

LOL - Yeah I remember paying $2195 for my first computer system ( a suitcase portable Panasonic Sr. Partner) - and it had a 4.77 Mhz. 8088 CPU with a whopping 512KB of RAM ( came with 128KB and could be upgraded to 512KB) and a 9 inch CGA - 320x200x16 color green screen monitor ) - THat I used to play Pac Man and dig dug on !

So $300 for 3/4 size arcade system with a few games is a pretty good deal IMO !
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:25:07 pm by JDFan »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Arcade 1Up's Ikea cabinets
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2018, 04:56:10 pm »
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2018, 08:39:59 pm »
The Arcade police around here need to take a xanax have a coke and a smile and be happy (I had to edit that a bit because I love you and that felt like a personal attack, you're still my favorite people!). 

Arcade perfect is such a funny phrase, because unless you use the actual hardware (You arcade collectors out there know this all too well), all Mame machines are close but not perfect. And if we really want to be transparent and look at ourselves honestly, we never really cared about form factor and arcade perfection in the past, because if we did we would have never supported any kind of bartop machine. We would have probably dismissed them all, let alone have awards for "small dedicated" and "small multi" UCA's. But here we are, giving a ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- about the size of an Arcade machine, because why not it's not arcade perfect.

:applaud:

If it works, why not?  I'm really interested in the Rampage and will probably pull the trigger soon. If it ends up being a stinker, I've wasted more money on worse. Hell, I bet we all have. I'd say my whole first arcade cabinet was a mistake. I ended up re-doing it years later once I had a few builds under my belt.

Sure, I get a little nostalgic for when we were all nostalgic and didn't have all the options we have now, but ultimately I'm glad things are where they are.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2018, 09:22:19 pm »
The Arcade police around here need to take a xanax have a coke and a smile and be happy (I had to edit that a bit because I love you and that felt like a personal attack, you're still my favorite people!). 

Arcade perfect is such a funny phrase, because unless you use the actual hardware (You arcade collectors out there know this all too well), all Mame machines are close but not perfect. And if we really want to be transparent and look at ourselves honestly, we never really cared about form factor and arcade perfection in the past, because if we did we would have never supported any kind of bartop machine. We would have probably dismissed them all, let alone have awards for "small dedicated" and "small multi" UCA's. But here we are, giving a ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- about the size of an Arcade machine, because why not it's not arcade perfect.

:applaud:

If it works, why not?  I'm really interested in the Rampage and will probably pull the trigger soon. If it ends up being a stinker, I've wasted more money on worse. Hell, I bet we all have. I'd say my whole first arcade cabinet was a mistake. I ended up re-doing it years later once I had a few builds under my belt.

Sure, I get a little nostalgic for when we were all nostalgic and didn't have all the options we have now, but ultimately I'm glad things are where they are.

Same here.  There are so many people doing so many creative things these days (especially since the raspberry pi came out) and if it keeps the hobby going I'm all for it.  I'm worried that in 20 years the arcade scene and DIY arcade scene will be gone because the younger generation doesn't have the attachment that a lot of us do.  I'll take what I can get.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2018, 09:32:51 pm »
Same here.  There are so many people doing so many creative things these days (especially since the raspberry pi came out) and if it keeps the hobby going I'm all for it.  I'm worried that in 20 years the arcade scene and DIY arcade scene will be gone because the younger generation doesn't have the attachment that a lot of us do.  I'll take what I can get.
The younger generation will be building Dave & Buster LED-lit monstrosity cabinets that spit out redemption tickets.  That'll be their nostalgia.

As for the creative things, I disagree.  BYOAC used to have a lot more creative innovations.  Now it's bartop after bartop with crazy character collages of different art styles crammed onto the sides, or the same rehashed slim cabinets with themes dedicated to games that have absolutely nothing to do with arcades.  There used to be more unique designs, innovative methods of constructing, new ideas of features to promote better gameplay, and full themes that didn't revolve around stolen artwork from official sources. Now it's just uninspiring cookie-cutter projects made by people who have very little knowledge, or have no interested in learning about arcades, or the right methods of building a cabinet.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2018, 09:45:14 pm »
The younger generation will be building Dave & Buster LED-lit monstrosity cabinets that spit out redemption tickets.  That'll be their nostalgia.

As for the creative things, I disagree.  BYOAC used to have a lot more creative innovations.  Now it's bartop after bartop with crazy character collages of different art styles crammed onto the sides, or the same rehashed slim cabinets with themes dedicated to games that have absolutely nothing to do with arcades.  There used to be more unique designs, innovative methods of constructing, new ideas of features to promote better gameplay, and full themes that didn't revolve around stolen artwork from official sources. Now it's just uninspiring cookie-cutter projects made by people who have very little knowledge, or have no interested in learning about arcades, or the right methods of building a cabinet.

I'm not going to disagree about the bartop craze.  I hate them for the most part.  If you've ever been over to r/cade on reddit... holy crap what a cesspool.  99% of the "projects" are awful and slapped together in a weekend without any care for detail or functionality.  OMG it plays 10,000 games!!!  Ugh.  The other day someone asked what the best controls were for playing FINAL FANTASY on a bartop.   :banghead:

However, I've seen a few really neat projects like someone who gutted an old Coleco Pac-Man and stuck a Pi Zero inside.  New paint job, stickers, etc. and it's awesome.  That wasn't possible 5 years ago.  It is few and far between though but I'd rather wade through the junk to find something cool than there be no one doing anything at all. 

I have noticed these boards are nowhere near as active as they were a few years ago though... not sure why.

JudgeRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2018, 09:57:13 pm »
I think if it is going to have its own stand-alone presence, it should have some "soul" man!

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2018, 10:04:11 pm »
These cabinets retain some of the aesthetic and actually have decent games on them. The bartops were mostly made by people that never spent time in an arcade, which is why they all look like laptops with joysticks.

Anyway... That Galaga arrive yet??

smass

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 pm
  • Cheapskate Arcade
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2018, 10:34:40 pm »
These cabinets retain some of the aesthetic and actually have decent games on them. The bartops were mostly made by people that never spent time in an arcade, which is why they all look like laptops with joysticks.

Anyway... That Galaga arrive yet??

Thats a nope.  My order is in the "preparing order" status.  Which probably means it won't ship until everything else does after all.  But I will keep the order open just in case.  I am not sure if I am more disappointed that I may have to wait to get it, or that we all have to endure this thread for another month and a half  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:36:14 pm by smass »

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2018, 10:40:18 pm »

I disagree, it used to be marble tack paper, and exposed trackball mounts and franken panels... Its a lot better than what it was.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:49 pm »
Opt2not is still a newb despite what he’ll tell you.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2018, 11:16:20 pm »
Edit: a quick Google search shows that system cost $5K in 1996! Adjusted for inflation, that's over $8K today. I can't imagine paying that much for a system now.

That is crazy.  I forgot they cost that much.  You can buy a NIB pinball machine for those dollars.   ;D

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2018, 11:25:00 pm »

I disagree, it used to be marble tack paper, and exposed trackball mounts and franken panels... Its a lot better than what it was.

Well yeah you had the trash builds too. But you also had members like Ond, lokensen, pixelhugger, Knievel, Epyx, SpaceHedgehog, Ryglore (the list goes on) making extraordinary builds. I’m not talking about the early days, about 10 years ago was the sweet spot. The pre hipster days when arcade and “retro” ( I hate that word) wasn’t trending.

Those were the halcyon days my friends.

Ps. Do yourself a favour and take a look at what’s listed in this thread’s first couple of pages. Then compare that list to this thread. You’ll get what I’m saying. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:47:01 pm by opt2not »

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2018, 11:50:21 pm »
Maybe. But at least I never had to delete every single one of my posts manually, delete my account, then return like the prodigal son.

Part of me misses the old acidic PinballJim, this abbreviated version has gotten all soft and reasonable.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2018, 01:13:26 am »
Maybe. But at least I never had to delete every single one of my posts manually, delete my account, then return like the prodigal son.

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2018, 01:56:06 am »

Eh it's a lot more turn-key then it was, thus why cabs look professional and yet have bad layouts, or bad art ect.   

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2018, 10:04:29 am »
Super old head chiming in.  I don't think Mike said there wasn't a market for these I believe he said he was surprised people here were interested and gave legitimate reasons. I agree with him that no one should buy one of these with the expectation of it replacing a real arcade machine.

I think the cabs are far too small for an adult, even with the booster seat. However, they are the perfect size for kids. I still have a small interest in a SF cab, wont pull the trigger till I see some reviews and if they can be hacked to add additional games. Game wouldn't be for me or in my "line up" but it'd give my nephews something to beat on and the younger trick or treaters could also reach the controls without standing on milk crates :p

Based on what Ive seen here are my opinions on the cabs. I really hope badmouth wasn't talking about me with a 2,000 word rant :p Also to note, I understand that some of my game wants may not be possible due to licensing issues.

"Street Fighter" Cab
The game selection on the SF cab is the worst of the lot, SF2CE, SF2T, Super SFII and Super SFIIT. They should have dropped Super in favor of one of the alpha games; and they would have sold a ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- ton of these if they did Super SFIIT , SFA3 , a DarkStalkers game, Marvel Super Heroes, and Xmen vs SF (or MvC even though XvSF is better)  instead of 4 flavors of SFII. These machines are obviously running emulators, and there is just a more varied selection of (fighting) games available on CPS2

"Galaga" Cab
While the SF cab only has SFII games, at least it has 4. This will undoubtedly be the most popular cab but it boggles the mind why there are only TWO games. At minimum they should have added Gaplus/Galaga 3.  Or used a 4 way stick and released this as an updated "reunion" cab with Pac, MsPac, Galaga, Galaxian, etc Walmart exclusive is also.....odd.

"Trackball" Cab
Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles.  This is the most oddball cab to me, Im not a huge trackball game guy but I do love me some crystal castles. I think if they dropped one of the `pedes in favor of something like Capcom Bowling itd help.  I also dont know how its going to work with Centipede being a vertical game and crystal castles being a horizontal one.  Stretch or black bars I guess (screen looks to be vertically mounted, so only bars on CC I guess) No Marble Madness? for shame.

"spinner" Cab
The spinner cab comes with 4 games but only 1 that actually used a spinner, tempst. Despite that this one has one of the better selection of games but at the expense of "authentic controls". Im sure everything will be playable once you adjust, asteroids is a classic (even if I think blasteroids is more fun) and even with different controls this will introduce tons of new players to Major Havoc. I honestly don't feel this one will sell very well.

"Ramage" aka the tight fit cab
This cab should be bigger and 4 players. 3 players with a single 3 player game (Rampage) , a 4 player game (Gauntlet) , a 2 player game (Joust) and a 1 player at a time game (Defender). The game selection is definitely diverse, but doesnt make a ton of sense. There are other 3 player games out there like Alien Vs Predator, Ghostbusters, Battletoads, MoonWalker, and Golden Axe. I think a 4 player "beatem up cab" would have been a better thing to make. I don't see anyone getting wax nostalgic for Rampage but they'd go ape ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- for TMNT/TiT, Simpsons, Xmen, etc

"Final Fight" cab
Hands down the best selection of games to me. A fight and go right (Final Fight) , a slow platformer (Ghosts n Goblins) a more frantic platformer(Strider) and a shmup (1944).  If I were to buy a cab for myself this would be the one. I really don't have any complaints about this one except like the rest the number of games is very short. There are a myriad of additional games from Capcom that are 2 button 8 way games that could be added
*Final Fight also got delayed until early next year, so if I do want to pull the trigger, I'll have plenty of time to see how well the others get reviewed.

In my heart of hearts I hope they sell well and they start making "deluxe" ones that are closer to real arcade proportions. And maybe they can start releasing more complete "collections" by other venders.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:32:48 am by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2018, 11:10:47 am »
In my heart of hearts I hope they sell well and they start making "deluxe" ones that are closer to real arcade proportions. And maybe they can start releasing more complete "collections" by other venders.

I don't understand why companies aren't putting out actual cabinets at budget prices.  We are at the point where the electronics are super cheap, cab construction is easy enough and the target audience is all grown up with actual jobs.  Sure, they would probably have to cut some corners (no CRT, particle board construction, maybe no coin door, etc.) but imagine if you could buy an actual Ms. Pac-Man or whatever else for $400.  Proper controls, proper art, etc.  Seems like a no-brainer.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2018, 11:43:27 am »

I don't understand why companies aren't putting out actual cabinets at budget prices.  We are at the point where the electronics are super cheap, cab construction is easy enough and the target audience is all grown up with actual jobs.  Sure, they would probably have to cut some corners (no CRT, particle board construction, maybe no coin door, etc.) but imagine if you could buy an actual Ms. Pac-Man or whatever else for $400.  Proper controls, proper art, etc.  Seems like a no-brainer.

Think it's more about logistics - figure once you get up to the weight/size that a real arcade would be you're talking a higher price than the $400 at retail - since just moving them around the distribution channel is going to cost more than the profit selling them at that price - at that weight you're talking special delivery needs all along the distribution channel for the oversize and overweight boxes it would have to come in ( or splitting the sides into pieces that would leave seems on the side of the cabinet and spliting it into several boxes rather than one ) - though I guess using a mass market retailer it could be done but then getting them on board to use the square footage it would take to display them inside the store gets expensive as well. Figure one of the main reasons these are being made the size they are is probably to keep the distribution simple (they can fit in any car rather than needing a truck/van to get it home and can be displayed/stocked in store easier.)

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2018, 11:51:26 am »

Cell phones.
%Bartop

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2018, 12:13:33 pm »
The only thing anyone wants is Ms. Pacman or Galaga.  Those TV joysticks killed that market overnight.  The 99 cent apps on the phone you already own nailed the coffin shut.

Namco has been selling home models of their reunion cabinets for years and nobody buys those either.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2018, 12:16:00 pm »
I think the smaller size of these will be part of the appeal for civilians.  Similar to cocktail cabinets.  Yeah cocktails take up more floor space but two people can easily lift and move one.  A full-size cabinet is a bit more of an undertaking.

We have a couple of people on our Facebook group that are starting to mass produce and sell full-size cabinets.  They have authentic looking artwork and are typically based on MS Pac Man or Galaga.  There is even one in a local pizza place in our area.  They look decent enough but are running the 60-1 PCB.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2018, 12:23:45 pm »
We have a couple of people on our Facebook group that are starting to mass produce and sell full-size cabinets.  They have authentic looking artwork and are typically based on MS Pac Man or Galaga.  There is even one in a local pizza place in our area.  They look decent enough but are running the 60-1 PCB.

But are they getting them licensed (evidently not if using a 60 in 1 PCB ) which makes it unlikely they will ever actually be mass producing them since the retailers are not going to attempt to sell an unlicensed product that can have distribution stopped at any time if the license holder comes forward - which is more likely to happen if they start selling enough to get attention.

wp34

• Offline Offline
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2018, 12:46:27 pm »

But are they getting them licensed (evidently not if using a 60 in 1 PCB ) which makes it unlikely they will ever actually be mass producing them since the retailers are not going to attempt to sell an unlicensed product that can have distribution stopped at any time if the license holder comes forward - which is more likely to happen if they start selling enough to get attention.

No they are not licensed.   "Mass produced" might have been a poor choice of words on my part.  They are however posting pictures showing "tens" of cabinets at a time being prepped for sale.  Pictures of deliveries are being posted daily as well.  These are professional looking CNC built cabinets.  I've just been surprised how many of them appear to being built and sold.  Point being there appears to be a market for such things.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2018, 12:57:27 pm »

Cell phones.

Casino games.   A lot of developer/publishers have been putting out Casino games now-a-days because it's way more profitable than targeting a home consumer market.

The other weekend I was at one of the local Casinos here in Southern Cali, and while I walking towards the Poker Room (I only play holdem', and maybe a bit of Pai Gow poker if there's a cheap enough table), I noticed a lot of familiar names. Namco, Konami, Capcom, SNK, even Atari... massive LED slot machine cabinets hosting vertical displays of familiar IP's like Pacman, Space Invaders, Frogger, Centipede, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and more. I was really surprised how many slot machines of Video Games there were, on top of all the TV and Movie ones.  Seems that companies have been putting out cabinets to this newer generation of gambling games, which seemed to have sneaked up on us in the last 5-10 years.
They even have great production values, cinematic sequences, crazy animations. Coin-op is definitely still alive, but you gotta be 21 and have a tendency to take risks with your money to experience it.

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2018, 01:40:52 pm »
Ps. Do yourself a favour and take a look at what’s listed in this thread’s first couple of pages. Then compare that list to this thread. You’ll get what I’m saying.
That's so subjective...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2018, 02:03:21 pm »
The only thing anyone wants is Ms. Pacman or Galaga.  Those TV joysticks killed that market overnight.  The 99 cent apps on the phone you already own nailed the coffin shut.

Namco has been selling home models of their reunion cabinets for years and nobody buys those either.

Well nobody buys them because they expect you to fork over 3k +shipping for games that the average joe will play for 5 minutes at the most.  And they have ugly art, ect. 

This is the first time a company has bothered to even attempt to put arcade accurate art on a cab and that's a BIG difference.  Picking the most popular game and doing the art fully was the right decision, as opposed to making some ugly hybrid art or a generic mame-style art with the company's ugly logo plastered all over it.  That's the appeal right there.  They might not be "real" but they look nice.... you wouldn't be ashamed to have one in your home.  With all the vendors over the years, even good ones like x-arcade, ect…. that's a first. 

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2018, 02:31:31 pm »
That's so subjective...
I'm not saying what's good or not. A lot of cabs in the "I completed" thread are hall of fame worthy. But just look at the effort and trends of the newer posting compared to the older ones. There was more originality in the older projects. A lot more unique themes and cabinet designs. Different techniques of construction, including cost-effective ones.

Subjectivity has nothing to do with innovation.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2018, 03:36:28 pm »
Oh no.  Somebody pulled the "innovation" card.  I look forward to the all copper cab with pop rivets all over it.  ;)

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2018, 03:50:30 pm »
I thought we all agreed that this is the year of no new innovation?  ;D

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2018, 03:54:18 pm »
I'm just posting to increase my post count.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2018, 04:30:01 pm »
I just converted an "America's Army" to an Area 51, what do I win?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2018, 04:38:53 pm »
A game that gets boring in 15 minutes and takes up 10 square feet of floor space?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »
A game that gets boring in 15 minutes and takes up 10 square feet of floor space?

The cabinet was taking up the same amount of floor space in my rape dungeon when it was a nonbooting America's army. Im gonna get the CF drive for it and make it an Area 51/Max Force , I also have a Midway Invasion board I can swap in..... I'm just getting all the cabs functional for the purge

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2018, 05:17:36 pm »
Why the purge?  Making room for a nursery?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »
Why the purge?  Making room for a nursery?

First off,  don't put that evil on me. Secondly, who puts a baby nursery in a garage?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2018, 05:34:59 pm »
Eh, figure she's making you move all your mancave ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- out of the house and into the garage.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2018, 06:33:10 pm »
Oh no.  Somebody pulled the "innovation" card.  I look forward to the all copper cab with pop rivets all over it.  ;)

Someone's gotta do it.  Besides you're mixing up innovation with theme.  I know you took a break from this place, but try to keep up.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2018, 07:08:57 pm »
Eh, figure she's making you move all your mancave ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- out of the house and into the garage.

ugh. Mancave.  No I moved all my gameroom stuff to the garage years ago. I just dont play much of anything that much anymore. I'll probably keep 2 pins (comet and T2) and 2 vids (Multi CPS2 and MultiMVS) Im getting to old to lug this ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- around. Then again, Multi CPS2 boards have been going for a grand so they might go on the chopping block too

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2018, 07:45:21 pm »
My arcade games are sitting in a cove I had built for them when I had the basement finished. Even when turned off, they add a lot to the room. All told, it's a Star Wars, Galaga and a custom mame machine. When they aren't acting right, I find it so annoying to have to repair. Right now the Galaga fire button has been sticking. It's an easy fix, but it's been not working for about 3 months. Since no one has been playing it, no worries.

For me, I see these machines going into other places like my office and the kids room. If they are decent, I might convert my Defender bartop to the same form factor.

I dunno, these games just got my arcade juices going I guess, (gross)