Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe ami cadette deluxe  (Read 2167 times)

skintin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2018, 04:26:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe ami cadette deluxe
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:19:33 am »
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum so please be gentle.
I own a rowe ami cadette deluxe. Recently the push buttons on the selection have been sticking. The solenoid and push rod assembly are left in what seems to be the 'open position'. What i mean is that the push rod does not return back to its original position. Sometimes if i give it a gentle tap it returns to the closed position. and the buttons reset, so another selection can be selected.

Am i right in thinking that it could be possibly two things

1. The solenoid and push assembly is in need of replacement or
2. The R1 relay could be on its way out

or could they both are on there way out.

Im now at the point where the only way to get it to select a record is by tapping the R1 relay to get it to select a 45. Unfortunately, the jukebox is not remembering the selection and only playing the one vinyl selected once the relay is touched. On the completion the carousel is returning to its default position. which seems to be fine.

Any suggestions would be grateful.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe ami cadette deluxe
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:12:51 am »
Hello Skintin,

Sorry you did not leave your name.

OK.

I would take the plastic cover off of the keyboard assemby that houses R1 & R5 relays.
Using a paper taper (folded copy paper is OK) clean the contact tips on the open relay contacts by pulling the taper between them, do not use any form of contact cleaner or sandpaper, check that there is pressure on the contacts when operated and there is continuity between the closed contacts.

Check that the latchbar solenoid windings have not been overheated and that it is not binding.

When you get the latchbar to operate correctly then use your paper taper on the S1 & S2 two open relays on the search unit.

Please let us know how you get on. I do stock most if not all the mechanical parts for your Caddette but I am in the UK, but we ship worldwide. Regards Alan  Alan Hood ami-man UK

skintin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2018, 04:26:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:58:53 pm »
Hi Alan,

My name is Tom by the way, and i live in Gateshead. Unfortunately, i cannot remember my password to change the settings...old age i suppose.

I have cleaned the R1 relays and cleaned S1 and S2 on the search unit. The latchbar is rather 'hot', but is not binding in anyway.

The problem seems to be intermittent, sometimes the keys reset and sometimes they don't.

The latchbar is that hot I cannot keep my fingers on it without them burning!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:01:43 pm by skintin »

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:16:30 am »
Hello Tom,

I got back off of Holiday on Wednesday morning so I am still trying to catch up.

Please send me a PM and I will see what is the best methode of advice on your jukebox.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK