Main > Artwork

Basic, non-Mame marquee req.

(1/5) > >>

rhoelsch:
There's just not enough nice, generic non-Mame marquees to choose from!

I don't want the word MAME on my cab because I want to concentrate on the games, and not the name of the emulator.  What I was thinking about doing is something retro-feeling but totally new at the same time.  I'd like to have the word ARCADE in similar font and color as the Defender marquee centered across the marquee, and in the background a kind of blue pac-maze that should glow nicely when lit.   I don't think any game characters would work in this, but I'd like to see if the idea works (or something along the same vein).  Dimensions: 27" x x 7.75"  I figure we could make this available to everyone as a alternative to the slew of Mame marquees out there,  yet still be generic enough for lots of people to use.

Any input and production is greatly appreciated!

Nannuu:
I've started dinking around with it.  I'll try to get it done soon.

Harakiri:
Nannuu you must the most "old-school" dude around here! You managed to build a cabinet in "the days", many people here wouldn't even dream about having this possibility!

I'm sorry to miss the point here but i think the pic should be posted! Feel free to tell me if you don't want it but i think it's a great pic indeed!

http://www.willyliliana.com/NES%20Cabinet/NES%20Cabinet%201.jpg

I mean the cab of course! :P

Nannuu:

--- Quote from: Fiend on February 08, 2004, 09:41:48 pm ---Nannuu you must the most "old-school" dude around here! You managed to build a cabinet in "the days", many people here wouldn't even dream about having this possibility!

I'm sorry to miss the point here but i think the pic should be posted! Feel free to tell me if you don't want it but i think it's a great pic indeed!

http://www.willyliliana.com/NES%20Cabinet/NES%20Cabinet%201.jpg

I mean the cab of course! :P

--- End quote ---
Thanks!  Yep, grew up around my dad's sign shop full of tools.  That entire cabinet was built with my own jig and skil saws.  I had just finished with woodshop in junior high where I built a small NES shelf and it sparked the idea of a "real" cabinet.  Too bad I didn't find this site until last year, holy schniky, I could've been building real cabinets for years now!!!!

Nannuu:
Ok, something like this?  I went ahead and added it to a Defender marquee as well.  If you like it I'll rework it some as the pac maze needs some measurement tweaks and maybe some more random maziness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version