Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 arcade Monitor questions, need some answers :)  (Read 1222 times)

Sylentwulf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2009, 09:13:35 am
    • The Electric Quarter
2 arcade Monitor questions, need some answers :)
« on: February 04, 2004, 05:07:20 pm »
#1 - I just noticed my degaussing coil cables have never been connected to the monitor (Would explain the discoloration in the corner) The 2 wires are separated (Looks like it was a connector that got broken in half, so the connectors themselves are still useable, just not connected to each other, one has a small arrow imprinted on it). I know where they go (on the board), but I don't know which one goes to which (Is there anything like a positive and negative, or does it not matter which one goes to which one?) Can I cause any damage by hooking it up backwards if so?

#2 - Focus, and Screen/brightness on the flyback xformer - What's the difference between the brightness knob here, and the other user definable brightness knob on the chassis board? Any damage I can cause by trying to adjust these 2 knobs?

BYOAC users get 5% off with coupon code byoac5

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re:2 arcade Monitor questions, need some answers :)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 01:17:47 am »
The degausser operates on AC so the it doesn't matter which wires go to which degausser terminals.

Think of the "screen" control as a coarse brightness control which sets the range of the regular brightness control on the chassis. Don't turn the screen control all the way up or you could damage the tube. Turning the actual brightness control all the way up usually won't hurt anything. Turning the focus control all the way in either direction won't hurt anything---it just focuses the picture.

JoeB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 11:38:08 pm
  • NES Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:11:08 am »
Welcome fellow DP forum member!   ;D

Sylentwulf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2009, 09:13:35 am
    • The Electric Quarter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 05:48:44 pm »
Who are you?! I demand to know now!
heheh. Yeah, it's sunday, I'm working, I'm drinking, my posts shall make no sense.

BYOAC users get 5% off with coupon code byoac5