Main > Consoles

Bluetooth mod kit for original controllers from 8bitdo

(1/21) > >>

KenToad:
https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/mod-kit-for-nes-controller

So they have drop in replacement pcb's for original snes, nes and 6-button Genesis controllers that have Bluetooth and rechargable batteries. I think they look pretty awesome. What do you guys think?

pbj:
For $20, I think you're better off spend $25 and getting an SN30.

KenToad:
Are they at least as good as the original controllers?

gamepimp:
I think this is a brilliant move by 8BitDo. I would prefer to have original controllers converted to bluetooth versus having their aftermarket ones. If they can come out with these drop in PCBs (and receivers) for the earlier Sega consoles like the Master System, Genesis, and Saturn and also for the NEC consoles like PC Engine, Turbo Grafx, and Super Grafx I think they could make a ton of money. For the NEC systems, the controllers are almost all identical. That should make it even more compelling for them...

JDFan:

--- Quote from: pbj on July 18, 2018, 01:08:40 pm ---For $20, I think you're better off spend $25 and getting an SN30.

--- End quote ---

Esp seeing that the $20 is just for the PCB for the controller and does not include the bluetooth dongle for the connection. SO you need to also buy a $20 dongle device.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version