Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Psyclone original Xbox wireless controllers  (Read 5184 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Psyclone original Xbox wireless controllers
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:40:16 am »
TL:DR - does anyone know how to sync these to the Xbox?

So I bought a set just like this from one of you chucklefucks like 10 years ago.

Only branding on it is "Psyclone Xbox Wireless Controller."  About 6-7 years ago, the rubber coating on it got so nasty it was a horrible playing experience.  Think an entire controller coated with the sticky stuff from a Post It note.

My friends have talked me off the edge of the NES Classic cliff, rightfully pointing out I've already got a million devices I don't play that run the same games.  Lately I've been playing through a few NES games via multi-cart, but it would be nice to have save states and such.

So, last night I decided the hit one of the controllers with everything I had.  Lighter fluid, Fabuloso, component cleaner, brake pad cleaner, and 60 grit sandpaper.  NOTHING was doing ANYTHING to that coating.  Then I tried acetone.  The end result isn't pretty but now the controller doesn't glue itself to your hand.

The problem I'm having now is it won't connect to the controller receiver.  If I recall correctly, there was a certain button combination that you held that would do it, but thanks to Microsoft's infinite wisdom in naming their new system Xbox One, it's virtually impossible to google anything related to original xbox.

Does anyone remember the sync command?

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
Re: Psyclone original Xbox wireless controllers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »
Not sure about the controller sync problem but try rubbing alcohol to clean them.
I had a tv remote that felt the same way and I tried rubbing alcohol on a paper towel, cleaned it right up.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:17:21 pm »
Back + Start + Black + White

That's the secret combination.

:banghead:

kwavewd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 21, 2017, 01:49:43 pm
  • Xbox - PS2 - Gamecube - Dreamcast
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:49:42 am »
So I actually am having the same problem with these exact same controllers. They worked for like months and now I can't get them to sync. The weird thing is I have a set of the psyclone essentials purple GameCube controllers basically the axact same controller and I can sync the GameCube controller to work on the Xbox. I tried this because the dongle/receiver look identical and it was funny when it worked. However I don't want to use my GameCube controllers for my Xbox. I tried pressing the connect button on the dongle/receiver on the Xbox and then holding back start white and black and it didn't work on either Xbox controllers. I tried holding them, pressing them, pressing in order nothing. The GameCube controllers have a connect button on them button the Xbox ones don't? Any other ideas and did you figure this out. I also tried it on another Xbox and it didn't work.

The fact that I can connect the GameCube controller means the receiver is working. When i turn on the Xbox controllers they blink 1 time like they normally do but then they don't blink the green light after. So I don't think it's batteries. I will try some good ones today.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:54:50 am by kwavewd »
Xbox - PS2 - Gamecube - Dreamcast
Psyclone Wireless Controllers
Monster Component Cables

kwavewd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 21, 2017, 01:49:43 pm
  • Xbox - PS2 - Gamecube - Dreamcast
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 01:47:32 pm »
So I took apart my controllers very carefully with the front facing down and the back comes off. There was bad corrosion on the metal squares connecting to the motherboard for the battery and the metal pieces where the batteries connect was also kinda of corroded. I cleaned it with sand paper and 92% rubbing alcohol and put them back together and Bang!! they both work!

Didn't even need to do anything they auto synced.
Xbox - PS2 - Gamecube - Dreamcast
Psyclone Wireless Controllers
Monster Component Cables

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 01:56:41 pm »
Hm.  I'll take a look at mine and see what that area looks like.  Thanks for the tip.

:cheers:

Freddie-93

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2019, 06:00:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 05:57:23 pm »
Does anyone  whants to sell me these controllers true ebay