Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: megatouch rx reboots all the time with the monitor cord plunged in  (Read 3176 times)

gmtransman2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2022, 10:10:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
my rx reboots all the time with the wide screen monitor plugged in to the mother board. used a computer monitor boots every time but its not a wide screen so it dont have the side bar on it
got a widescreen monitor from a computer  and it boots with it but no side bar. so do you think the monitor is making it reboot? this game has kicked ---my bottom---. new hard drive, new io board, new power supply,2010 software and 2010.5  i dont know what else it could be 

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:34 am
If i had to guess, you have a short in the rx monitor cable or worse, a short in the panel/controller/inverter.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
Try hooking up the monitor to an external power source, e.g. Another separate power supply or a DC wall adapter 12v and at least a few amps

Also what wattage power supply are you using?

SCking

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 12:31:32 pm
I had a similar prob a few months back with an RX. Found (after swapping multi parts) the monitor was shorting out against its own metal casing, where the monitor prop bar meets the monitor. Bent that section back out a bit and prob was fixed. Assume over time the casing bent in some from being propped open. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmtransman2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2022, 10:10:37 pm
well i replace the monitor and its fixed. that was a bunch of bs. i have no idea as to why the monitor would do this. it rebooted every time it was going into the splash
screen. i think it changes resolution at that time. oh well its fixed now thanks for the help