Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 291259 times)

thefox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2021, 05:09:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • From The Old Arcade
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #800 on: November 27, 2021, 05:57:58 pm »
I could not get the FFB plugin to work with my Logitech G920. The test just returned a "controller does not support haptics" error.

After 2 very frustrating weeks of fiddling, I discovered that FFB does not seem compatible with logitech's "G-Hub" software.

Deleted G-Hub and installed the older "Logitech Gaming Software". Set up a profile in there - and now it seems to be working great. Hope this helps someone else.

(Edit: Hmm. Yeah, maybe it was a driver issue. Also, to get the G920 pedals working properly, I had to enter the TP main settings, then tick all 4 boxes underneath "Direct Input Wheel Settings" (Full axis gas and full ax brake, plus Reverse axis gas and brake)).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:48:13 am by thefox »
Born in the early seventies
Grew up in the arcades in the 80's
Built "The Fox-Box" in 2012.

https://fromtheoldarcade.wordpress.com/

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #801 on: November 28, 2021, 12:32:41 am »
Hm nah it works fine with g-hub

However Logitech drivers are so bad that we constantly have issues with them. But glad ou managed to get it working

thefox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2021, 05:09:11 am
    • From The Old Arcade
« Reply #802 on: November 28, 2021, 07:18:03 am »
I would like to know what the difference is between OR2SPSDX Real and Custom is. I thought i remembered you posting about it in here, but i can't find the info again.

I just spotted an answer to this on a different site. From what i can work out, the 'custom' is just user defined settings, and the 'Real' is setup as an approximation of the more authentic FFB.

If it helps, I have been playing around with both on my G920 wheel, and I think I find the "Real" better - the collisons are bit harsher, and the alignment/rumble on the grass and sand seems better. Only small gripe on 'Real' at the mo is I find the rumble effect lasts just a fraction longer after the car has left the surface that triggers it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:44:49 am by thefox »
Born in the early seventies
Grew up in the arcades in the 80's
Built "The Fox-Box" in 2012.

https://fromtheoldarcade.wordpress.com/

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #803 on: December 05, 2021, 10:52:57 pm »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #804 on: December 06, 2021, 06:47:30 pm »

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #805 on: December 06, 2021, 08:01:49 pm »
Thanks Boomslang!

Envoyé de mon LEX722 en utilisant Tapatalk

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 07:31:38 am
« Reply #806 on: December 07, 2021, 08:31:27 am »
Thank you very much Boomslang! Can't add "Force Spring Effect" option in Scud Race and Daytona 2 games? For me it's really missing.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #807 on: December 11, 2021, 07:12:22 pm »
New FFB Arcade Plugin Release

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

Thank you very much Boomslang! Can't add "Force Spring Effect" option in Scud Race and Daytona 2 games? For me it's really missing.

will add next release
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 02:20:10 am by Boomslang »

Empo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2022, 05:47:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade flux capacitors!!
« Reply #808 on: December 28, 2021, 02:58:02 pm »
Thanks for your work!!  :applaud:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:30:55 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #809 on: December 31, 2021, 06:30:18 am »
Hey gang, quick question. I tried out Batman in Teknoparrot the other day for the first time using my wheel and the FFB Plugin - wow what a difference it makes compared to playing with a pad like I was previously. There's a bit in one of the Joker missions though where you need to use the keyboard numberpad to input a code. When I played with an Xbox 360 pad this worked without issue, I just used my keyboard and input the code. Now that I've swapped over to a wheel, the keystrokes don't register and I can't complete the mission. Is this some kind of an Xinput Vs Dinput issue? Has anyone got a workaround? Cheers in advance.

LMD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2022, 01:28:30 pm
« Reply #810 on: December 31, 2021, 12:45:19 pm »
RUMBLE NOT WORKING WITH OUTRUN 2 SP SDX & XBOX CONTROLLERS

Hello All,

Having trouble getting rumble to work with Xbox S/X controllers with this plugin.  The rumble test works within FFBPluginGUI.exe but no rumble within the game.

- Controller batteries are brand new
- OS is Windows 10 x64
- Latest TeknoParrot and FFBPluginGUI from Github
- Rumble works with the same controller within the PC version of OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast FXT
- I have also tried other Xbox One X controllers
- The Device GUID is set to the correct controller within FFBPluginGUI.exe and Xinput is set within TeknoParrot.
- I have installed all the Visual C runtimes
- GPU is Nvidia

I have a strong feeling that this is user error with where I am copying the 6 FFBPlugin files!  At the moment all 6 files are in Jennifer folder.  I have read the readme files within the FFBPluginGUI but if If I copy opengl32.dll to TeknoParrot/TeknoParrot (where all the dll's are located) then the game will NOT start. The game will start with just SDL2.dll in TeknoParrot/TeknoParrot folder.

The instructions say that SDL2.dll and Opengl32.dll needs to be in the Teknoparrot/TeknoParrot folder but if I do this then FFBPluginGUI.exe will not run this needs to be in the Jennifer folder.

Can someone shed some light on this as I am now totally out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:57:37 pm by LMD »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #811 on: December 31, 2021, 08:25:09 pm »
Hm yes opengl32.dll needs to be in teknoparrot/teknoparrot folder

Strange that its causing game to not load, always worked fine for me and others

Perhaps try rename it to winmm.dll and see if any different but not sure if budgieloader will hook it then

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #812 on: January 01, 2022, 02:32:44 am »
I had issues with the FFB plugin and a particular joystick encoder that was also connected to that PC. With the FFB files setup right, some games would crash. Removing that joystick encoder was the fix. LMD, do you have any other devices connected?

LMD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2022, 01:28:30 pm
« Reply #813 on: January 01, 2022, 07:36:20 am »
Hm yes opengl32.dll needs to be in teknoparrot/teknoparrot folder

Strange that its causing game to not load, always worked fine for me and others

Perhaps try rename it to winmm.dll and see if any different but not sure if budgieloader will hook it then

Happy New Year All! Many thanks Boomslang.  Renaming opengl32.dll to winmm.dll did the trick.  Rumble now working - extremely happy :)

Out of curiosity, what does this exactly tell you about the root cause?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:30:55 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #814 on: January 02, 2022, 01:00:44 pm »
Hey gang, quick question. I tried out Batman in Teknoparrot the other day for the first time using my wheel and the FFB Plugin - wow what a difference it makes compared to playing with a pad like I was previously. There's a bit in one of the Joker missions though where you need to use the keyboard numberpad to input a code. When I played with an Xbox 360 pad this worked without issue, I just used my keyboard and input the code. Now that I've swapped over to a wheel, the keystrokes don't register and I can't complete the mission. Is this some kind of an Xinput Vs Dinput issue? Has anyone got a workaround? Cheers in advance.

Lads...?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #815 on: January 02, 2022, 05:53:10 pm »

Lads...?

Hm no im not sure. Never heard this issue

holtzboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2022, 10:03:22 pm
« Reply #816 on: January 09, 2022, 11:13:05 pm »
I am having a heck of a time trying to get this to work with my Fanatec setup and Rush the Rock and/or Rush 2049 in MAMEUI64. I have the Fanatec GT DD Pro package which is basically the CSL DD wheel base and CSL pedals. I have installed all of the runtimes, dragged and dropped the MAME 64 bit files to my MAMEUI64 directory, ran the FFB program and set it up. The Fanatec wheel is listed twice, I have to pick the second one in the FFB Arcade Plugin's Force Feedback Test menu in order to make the wheel move, which it does just fine. I went to my device manager and disabled the first Fanatec Wheel line item to force only one instance in the FFB program but that didn't do the trick.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #817 on: January 10, 2022, 12:07:45 am »
Hm someone added some code to allow for the 2 x devices that fanatec show

Shouldnt have to disable anything

holtzboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2022, 10:03:22 pm
« Reply #818 on: January 10, 2022, 10:46:40 pm »
I feel like I am missing something super obvious but I have read the readme and followed two different guides to make sure I am doing everything correctly. I will keep messing around with it and try some different mame games.

EDIT - It was indeed something I missed. First I didn't create the Mame.ini file in the root folder. That still didn't work but I saw a comment on one of DarthMarino's Youtube videos where someone had to modify the game's ini file to set the OSD output to Windows instead of auto. I changed that in the sfrush2049.ini file and now it works perfectly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:30:03 pm by holtzboy »

nyshotgun05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2022, 04:03:42 pm
« Reply #819 on: January 13, 2022, 01:31:42 am »
Hey , I've just found out HOTD: Scarlet Dawn works on Teknoparrot and I'm loving it. Is there any news on FFB with that game? Thank you so much for your hard work, Boomslang :notworthy:

johndough247

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:52:39 pm
« Reply #820 on: January 16, 2022, 01:25:08 am »
I'm back again after a year trying again...not sure what's going wrong but I can't get this FFB plugin to work with any version of MAME (trying to get Virtua Racing running). I've tried 181, 221 and 238 (all 64 bit) with no success. It works perfectly with with M2emulator (tested with Sega Rally and Daytona) so it's not the wheel or windows. I have the latest visual runtime files installed as suggested on discord, I'm using the latest version of the FFB plugin (2.0.0.11) and the FFB test program works EXCEPT it crashes on the 8th test every time without fail. To be clear: If I go to FFB test, select my wheel and click constant left (or any signal test) it works, until I try for the 8th time, at which point it crashes to desktop (MAME) or it just stops working until restarted (m2emulator). I've also changed the mame.ini setting to windows and changed the cabinet to upright.

When I try starting MAME with my wheel selected in the FFB plugin, it hooks (makes the sound) but crashes after 2-3 seconds. If I choose any other device for FFB ( or no device), MAME loads without a problem. The last thing the logfile returns before the MAME crash is:

disabling all current FFB effects
setting haptic gain to 100
setting haptic auto center to 0
creating base effects...

I'm using a direct drive wheel (not Fanatec but VRS) and it works with everything else I've ever tried, only MAME crashes with FFB enabled. I've even done a Windows fresh start reinstall a few months back but that hasn't helped, same issues as before.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:30:01 am by johndough247 »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 10:11:59 pm
« Reply #821 on: January 16, 2022, 05:32:49 am »
In mame.ini have u set output=windows?

johndough247

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:52:39 pm
« Reply #822 on: January 16, 2022, 07:33:25 am »
In mame.ini have u set output=windows?

yes, I said that in my original post:

I've also changed the mame.ini setting to windows and changed the cabinet to upright.

lord_raiden_128

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 07:44:59 am
« Reply #823 on: January 25, 2022, 01:03:52 pm »
That still didn't work but I saw a comment on one of DarthMarino's Youtube videos where someone had to modify the game's ini file to set the OSD output to Windows instead of auto. I changed that in the sfrush2049.ini file and now it works perfectly.

Thanks this worked for me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:05:42 pm by lord_raiden_128 »

matamian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2023, 03:23:47 pm
« Reply #824 on: February 15, 2022, 02:37:14 pm »
Hey guys. I just installed latest version of Mame and the FFB plugin. I downloaded a few games that support FFB (rave racer, san fran rush and a few others). For some reason only San Francisco rush seems to have FFB working. I went into the service menu and enabled force, so I'm not sure why it's not giving me any force feedback in that or any other games besides Rush.

Also I have model 2 running with daytona and sega rally. Both have working FFB but the wheel deadzone seems to be way too big in daytona. Anyone have any insight on what I can do to reduce the deadzone?

Thanks!

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #825 on: February 16, 2022, 08:21:05 am »
Just an update. I got a bunch of games working but the only ones that don't seems to work are the namco games. Rave racer has the FFB option in dip switches set to on so I'm not sure why it's not working.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #826 on: February 16, 2022, 05:01:13 pm »
Rave racer has the FFB option in dip switches set to on so I'm not sure why it's not working.

I couldn't get FFB working on Rave Racer either. I had presumed it was because i was using John Bennet's build of MAME to link tow cabinets, but maybe it's just broken ATM. Anyone got FFB working for Raver Racer?

lord_raiden_128

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 07:44:59 am
« Reply #827 on: February 17, 2022, 04:25:39 am »
Rave Racer works fine here.

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #828 on: February 17, 2022, 09:08:20 am »
Rave racer has the FFB option in dip switches set to on so I'm not sure why it's not working.

I couldn't get FFB working on Rave Racer either. I had presumed it was because i was using John Bennet's build of MAME to link tow cabinets, but maybe it's just broken ATM. Anyone got FFB working for Raver Racer?

Honestly not sure what it is. It seems that the "force spring effect" applies to rave racer but I don't get any other type of feedback from that game or other namco games that show that they're supported by the plugin. Maybe we need a specific rom version of these games? Also I am using the latest release of Mame.

I'm using a thrustmaster wheel which I think is worth noting because I have to set my plugin to alternate FFB in order for games like sanfran rush to work properly. I did try the namco games with alt FFB off as well but that didn't work either. Not sure what else to try.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 09:10:36 am by matamian »

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #829 on: February 17, 2022, 11:38:01 am »
I also have this problem that appeared in the latest versions of MAME, because before it worked perfectly.

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #830 on: February 17, 2022, 03:59:58 pm »
I'll try running an older mame and see what happens.

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #831 on: February 18, 2022, 07:18:05 am »
I tried a few different versions of mame from the past year or so but my results are the same, unfortunately. The force spring effect applies to Namco games but I don't get any other type of ffb. 

Also another weird issue. I'll have games fully working with ffb but then they'll just stop working. I think it happens when I'm just jumping around between games in mame. Restarting my pc works and or deleting the nvram for the game sometimes works. Honestly can't pinpoint the cause or solution but this all happens without touching any of the settings within the plug-in.

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #832 on: February 18, 2022, 10:25:04 am »
Have you set the option "outputs" to "windows" in mame.ini?
Dou you have other software that might interfere with the ffb plugin running at the same time (mamehooker, ledblinky etc..)
You can also try to generate a new mame.ini (don't forget about the outputs = windows setting and make a backup of your current ini).

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #833 on: February 18, 2022, 11:12:51 am »
Have you set the option "outputs" to "windows" in mame.ini?
Dou you have other software that might interfere with the ffb plugin running at the same time (mamehooker, ledblinky etc..)
You can also try to generate a new mame.ini (don't forget about the outputs = windows setting and make a backup of your current ini).

Yes, I do have the output in the ini set to windows. I'll check through it again because I read earlier in this thread that someone had the output line in the ini 2 times and it caused issues, I'm going to look into that. I don't have anything else running with mame, though. I'll try regenerating an ini as well to see if it helps.

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #834 on: February 19, 2022, 12:48:12 pm »
Got everything working. I did a fresh install of the mame build from October 2021, made a new ini and everything works great. Ace driver, rave racer and etc now all have FFB. For some reason those Namco racers won't work with ffb in the latest build of mame.

Also ffb will not work if I leave a game in mame and start another game. I have to fully close out mame between each game selection otherwise the plug-in will not work. Not really a big deal considering my goal is to have a front end running to select games but dies anyone else experience this?

RTR_Alcatraz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2022, 04:19:12 pm
« Reply #835 on: February 19, 2022, 01:09:15 pm »
I see that San Francisco Rush is compatible but I dont see a folder for that game in the plugin v2.0.0.11. Where do I grab the ini files for this game specifically?

matamian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #836 on: February 19, 2022, 03:45:53 pm »
You just put the contents of the mam64 or 32 folder in your mame folder. It's included in that.

RTR_Alcatraz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2022, 04:19:12 pm
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2022, 01:33:15 am »
Thank you plug-in is working amazing now

Super-Becker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #838 on: February 20, 2022, 09:36:13 am »
Got everything working. I did a fresh install of the mame build from October 2021, made a new ini and everything works great. Ace driver, rave racer and etc now all have FFB. For some reason those Namco racers won't work with ffb in the latest build of mame.

Also ffb will not work if I leave a game in mame and start another game. I have to fully close out mame between each game selection otherwise the plug-in will not work. Not really a big deal considering my goal is to have a front end running to select games but dies anyone else experience this?

Yes. In order not to bug the FFB, you must exit MAME every time you select another game.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #839 on: February 22, 2022, 01:47:22 am »

https://mega.nz/file/sJtSBbjS#V2e_ZtTWeCrJI3cBqaCkwUEokJHRRfWLTAwxabLFiB4

try this, should work with latest mame