Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 291273 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2020, 08:46:36 pm »
you use Windows 10?

Eduardoml

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 07:53:59 pm
« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2020, 09:54:52 pm »
needs to be set to Upright Cabinet or you won't recieve FFB Output Values

I did it, I forgot to say in the other post, it didn't work, no effect, in the log it looks like the plugin didn't receive any FFB output values, it must be some problem with the Rom version, maybe.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2020, 10:00:39 pm »
hm I'm not sure sorry

So every other game works fine except virtua racing?

Virtua Formula doesn't work so just wanna confirm it is Virtua Racing you are using

Eduardoml

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 07:53:59 pm
« Reply #523 on: June 14, 2020, 02:28:26 am »
It's working.  :cheers:

What happened was that I was using an incompatible rom, I downloaded a rom for Mame 0.193 and used that version and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the support, I was already going crazy  :dizzy: haheheheue

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:30:55 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2020, 03:58:19 pm »
So, I got the MAME FFB up and running today, great work as always Boomslang, thanks!

Let me just share a handy little tip to anyone setting this up for the first time, to save them a fruitless hour and a bit of head scratching and wondering why it's not working - make sure your mame.ini file has actually saved as an ini file. When I was getting everything set up initially the text file I was putting the info into saved itself as a text file called mame.ini... FFS. I eventually twigged what the problem was when I realised it didn't have the cog thing in the icon.

Because this took a bit of finagling to get working in the end, I'm not sure whether I ended up using your Windows 7 Test plugin or the regular MAME 64 bit one, but Virtua Racing, Outrunners and Outrun all work OK. Super Chase Criminal Termination hangs for me though at the 'press any key to continue' screen, which is odd, because I definitely had it working earlier and I'm sure on that early test go the FFB was working.

Also, if anyone's struggling to get their old Virtua Racing ROM working in the latest version MAME make sure you have a file called model1io.zip file and m1comm.zip in your ROMs folder. I was still missing one last EPROM - epr-15624.17 but I was able to find it in an old Virtua Formula zipped file I had. Extracted it, added to my VR.zip and game is now working

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #525 on: June 15, 2020, 11:38:09 pm »
So, I got the MAME FFB up and running today, great work as always Boomslang, thanks!

Let me just share a handy little tip to anyone setting this up for the first time, to save them a fruitless hour and a bit of head scratching and wondering why it's not working - make sure your mame.ini file has actually saved as an ini file. When I was getting everything set up initially the text file I was putting the info into saved itself as a text file called mame.ini... FFS. I eventually twigged what the problem was when I realised it didn't have the cog thing in the icon.

Because this took a bit of finagling to get working in the end, I'm not sure whether I ended up using your Windows 7 Test plugin or the regular MAME 64 bit one, but Virtua Racing, Outrunners and Outrun all work OK. Super Chase Criminal Termination hangs for me though at the 'press any key to continue' screen, which is odd, because I definitely had it working earlier and I'm sure on that early test go the FFB was working.

Also, if anyone's struggling to get their old Virtua Racing ROM working in the latest version MAME make sure you have a file called model1io.zip file and m1comm.zip in your ROMs folder. I was still missing one last EPROM - epr-15624.17 but I was able to find it in an old Virtua Formula zipped file I had. Extracted it, added to my VR.zip and game is now working

Do you use Windows 7 or 10?

Having issues with Windows 7 and new games, sorted most of them out now but Super Chase seems to be wierd still for people. It works fine on my pc tho across 3 x different versions of mame across Windows 10 and Windows 7 VM lol so its hard for me to fix

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #526 on: June 16, 2020, 07:01:46 am »
Windows 7 - I forgot to mention that in my original post, which was why initially I was using the test plugin. I was trying to get this working using 2 diffrent versions of MAME initially and one of them I overwrote with the regular 64bit MAME plugin, but by the time I realised what had happened with the text document not actually saving as an ini file, I'd lost track of which version of MAME was the one I'd used the regular plugin on  :dizzy: Herp derp.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #527 on: June 17, 2020, 02:56:48 am »
Windows 7 - I forgot to mention that in my original post, which was why initially I was using the test plugin. I was trying to get this working using 2 diffrent versions of MAME initially and one of them I overwrote with the regular 64bit MAME plugin, but by the time I realised what had happened with the text document not actually saving as an ini file, I'd lost track of which version of MAME was the one I'd used the regular plugin on  :dizzy: Herp derp.

all good :D

Ive been doing all sorts of test plugins trying to get everything sorted before i do next release

Just need to get Super Chase more stable for others etc

Nnanard8

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2020, 12:16:18 pm
« Reply #528 on: July 04, 2020, 12:16:18 pm »
Hi everybody !
I have a question :   what is the point to have ffb for gun games ? Is it working with rumbleling xbox controler ? I use wiimote to play with gun games (teknoparrot and mame), is it possible to use the rumble option of the wiimote ? The problem is the wiimote are emulating a mouse, so no rumble...

MrThunderwing

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #529 on: July 04, 2020, 10:02:17 pm »
Yes it rumbles fine on wiimote with ffb plugin

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #530 on: July 09, 2020, 02:30:56 pm »
Boomslang, is the original Chase HQ something that you'll be able to get FFB or motor shaking effects working with in MAME? I think I was about 12 years old the last time I played an actual Chase HQ arcade cabinet and I can't recall if the wheel had any motorised functions or not.

Xynie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2020, 09:30:19 am
  • Sometimes, I feel like Dilbert.
« Reply #531 on: July 12, 2020, 11:23:59 pm »
Hey guys!  Having fun with this... followed all the readme files and got it all working (although my brake and gas are mixed up on 2049, that's a story for another day).  My G29 seems like it has a huge deadzone, I played around with the min/max and feedbacklength (to 270), and that brought the stronger feedback in, but it was still a huge deadzone - the cars didn't turn until I was at or past 90 degrees.  How do you strink that zone?  Appreciate the help!

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:04 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2020, 06:52:29 am »
Hey guys!  Having fun with this... followed all the readme files and got it all working (although my brake and gas are mixed up on 2049, that's a story for another day).  My G29 seems like it has a huge deadzone, I played around with the min/max and feedbacklength (to 270), and that brought the stronger feedback in, but it was still a huge deadzone - the cars didn't turn until I was at or past 90 degrees.  How do you strink that zone?  Appreciate the help!

It's not your wheel.. it's mame.  Mame has a joystick_deadzone setting that's set to 0.3 by default that gives a MASSIVE deadzone for driving games.

I go through how i set it per game and globally in this post here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162932.msg1717985.html#msg1717985

Xynie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2020, 09:30:19 am
  • Sometimes, I feel like Dilbert.
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2020, 09:30:50 am »

It's not your wheel.. it's mame.  Mame has a joystick_deadzone setting that's set to 0.3 by default that gives a MASSIVE deadzone for driving games.

I go through how i set it per game and globally in this post here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162932.msg1717985.html#msg1717985

Thanks so much - will give that a run!

RetroFliper - Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2021, 05:03:04 pm
  • The Rock!
    • RetroFliper - Arcade
« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2020, 11:48:27 am »

In mame reset the deadzone option to 004.

Hello guys! I start my participation in the forum thanking Boomslang for the excellent work and solidarity in making the ffb plugin available for free. Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:29:33 pm by RetroFliper - Arcade »
Hello my players friends! Follow my videos! It's not professional, but I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOYNE_-HMqXKoj2692zxzWg?view_as=subscriber

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:04 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #535 on: July 15, 2020, 07:59:33 pm »
Welcome!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #536 on: July 20, 2020, 04:46:30 am »
New Version of FFB Arcade Plugin. Now Version 2.2

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #537 on: July 20, 2020, 12:45:46 pm »
Wow excellent buddy! Gonna test it out on Initial D Zero.

Quick question....which of the force parameter sliders from the main ffb settings menu is actually affected when using the FFB Dynamic Strength Adjustment? Is it the Min Force slider? The Max Force Slider? Or both?

Also, if it's possible can you add an independent FFB Dynamic Strength Adjustment to the "Force Spring Strength" slider and the "Force Feedback Length" slider in a future update? Would be cool to play around with those in real time as well.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #538 on: July 20, 2020, 04:35:14 pm »
Changes Max Force

Min should always be set at 0

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2020, 05:36:02 pm »
Okay copy. Just tested it out with a nice session of Daytona via model 2 and Sega rally. Working very very well. Tested it out with ID 0 and works there perfectly as well. Great job brah!

RetroFliper - Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Rock!
    • RetroFliper - Arcade
« Reply #540 on: July 26, 2020, 10:40:59 pm »
I can't activate FFB in Supermodel 3. Yes, I disabled the emulator's native FFB. Should I put the command "-outputs = win" in the Supermodel.ini file in the Config folder? What am I doing wrong?
Hello my players friends! Follow my videos! It's not professional, but I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:59:33 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #541 on: July 28, 2020, 09:22:11 am »
Do you have the MAME64.dll or MAME32.dll file in your SM folder? Somewhat silly but something I have overlooked in the past, have you run the FFBPlugingui.exe and set it up with the proper Device GUID? Does the ForceFeeback test work in the GUI?

RetroFliper - Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Rock!
    • RetroFliper - Arcade
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:53 am »
Do you have the MAME64.dll or MAME32.dll file in your SM folder? Somewhat silly but something I have overlooked in the past, have you run the FFBPlugingui.exe and set it up with the proper Device GUID? Does the ForceFeeback test work in the GUI?

Yes Yes Yes. I think the error is related to the command "-outputs=win", is it really spelled correctly? Can I put it anywhere in the "Supermodel.ini" file? I had no problem with MAME.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:18:20 am by RetroFliper - Arcade »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #543 on: July 29, 2020, 05:17:15 am »
I dont have it in my supermodel.ini file, I just use shortcut with it in personally

From memory it's something like

Supermodel.exe daytona2.zip -outputs=win

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2020, 08:33:19 pm »
Read Below
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:52:20 pm by Boomslang »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #545 on: August 01, 2020, 12:57:09 am »
New Version of FFB Arcade Plugin. Now Version 2.2c

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:51:59 pm by Boomslang »

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2022, 11:25:42 am
« Reply #546 on: August 01, 2020, 08:01:06 pm »
Hi I have a Logitech G920 wheel and I can't get this plugin to work with Rush 2049, I'm using MAME 0.222 64 bit and my wheel acts loose with this plugin, I'm also using the latest version of the FFBInput plugin (v2.2b) and Windows 10, How do I fix this?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #547 on: August 01, 2020, 08:59:13 pm »
Does ffb test work in gui?

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #548 on: August 01, 2020, 09:01:43 pm »

Yes it does work in the GUI but I can't get it to work with Rush 2049 in-game
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:00:00 pm by PepsiBoy428 »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #549 on: August 01, 2020, 10:14:47 pm »

Does it work with any game supported?

I don't know the steps you have done but should be pretty straightforward

Copy all files to mame folder
Set up mame.ini as instructed in readme
Load FFBPluginGUI.exe and select device guid from ffb setup

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #550 on: August 01, 2020, 10:31:12 pm »

Does it work with any game supported?

I don't know the steps you have done but should be pretty straightforward

Copy all files to mame folder
Set up mame.ini as instructed in readme
Load FFBPluginGUI.exe and select device guid from ffb setup

I just tried setting it up just like that and it's still not working

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #551 on: August 01, 2020, 10:52:42 pm »
Send log

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #552 on: August 01, 2020, 10:54:17 pm »
Here's my log file

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #553 on: August 01, 2020, 11:01:45 pm »
Hmm not recieving any values

Odd.

I'll be home soon so will have a test on my pc

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #554 on: August 01, 2020, 11:32:18 pm »
Just got home and installed latest mame and set up FFB Plugin here and everything works fine on SF2049 for me, recieving FFB immediately

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #555 on: August 01, 2020, 11:48:28 pm »
That's weird, I can't get mine to work.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2020, 12:25:00 am »
Give this a try

Added couple things to log to see what's going on

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2020, 12:43:53 am »
Give this a try

Added couple things to log to see what's going on

Still doesn't work sadly

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2020, 01:10:32 am »
I need new log lol

I added things to log

PepsiBoy428

• Offline Offline
« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2020, 01:19:21 am »
I need new log lol

I added things to log

Here's an updated log.