Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 287800 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #480 on: June 01, 2020, 04:05:42 pm »
No and probably never will

Needs lots of patches

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #481 on: June 01, 2020, 05:30:49 pm »
Copy that. No biggie. I don't think it's a game I can get into anyway. ID0 seems cool though. Steering is a weird though(using 270º).

Namco

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 06:12:56 pm
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2020, 01:32:37 pm »
Added FFB support for a few games for when I do next release

(MAME)
- Dirt Dash

Awesome! I’ve been waiting for Dirt Dash. Thank you so much!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #483 on: June 06, 2020, 04:48:32 am »
New Version of FFB Arcade Plugin. Now Version 2.1

https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

XSFDriver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
« Reply #484 on: June 06, 2020, 08:54:57 am »
Hi Boomslang, just wanted to let ya know, this thread's been a real good read. I appreciate all the effort you've put in with development, and all the others with feedback and testing. I hope to have something put together in the future so I can also help with some testing somewhere at least.

I recently hooked up a Logitech Momo (that I never had the PSU for) to a Playstation 2 to see if it worked on V8 supercars... I usually have that wheel hooked up to a PC running Daytona USA on Model 2... Man, I gotta say, it was so "Un-playable", I was quite disappointed.

Out of curiosity, I tracked down a power supply for it so I could see what it was like with FFB and man, it TOTALLY changed the gameplay, it felt spot on. It opened my eyes to what FFB could do for a game. I mean, I'm no stranger to FFB on the games at the arcades, but it showed me that if you take FFB away, it can create to much lag and you end up just chasing the over correction. (sorry, that's the best way I can discribe it)

I look forward to playing around with your FFB plugin and trying it on Model 2 and Mame in the future now... only problem is, I've got a few huge commitments in the immediate future, you'll probably be up to version 5.something by the time I get to put my set ups back together  :lol

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, you're all an inspiration.
Cheers M8  :cheers: 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 10:09:09 am by XSFDriver »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #485 on: June 06, 2020, 05:41:25 pm »
Hi Boomslang, just wanted to let ya know, this thread's been a real good read. I appreciate all the effort you've put in with development, and all the others with feedback and testing. I hope to have something put together in the future so I can also help with some testing somewhere at least.

I recently hooked up a Logitech Momo (that I never had the PSU for) to a Playstation 2 to see if it worked on V8 supercars... I usually have that wheel hooked up to a PC running Daytona USA on Model 2... Man, I gotta say, it was so "Un-playable", I was quite disappointed.

Out of curiosity, I tracked down a power supply for it so I could see what it was like with FFB and man, it TOTALLY changed the gameplay, it felt spot on. It opened my eyes to what FFB could do for a game. I mean, I'm no stranger to FFB on the games at the arcades, but it showed me that if you take FFB away, it can create to much lag and you end up just chasing the over correction. (sorry, that's the best way I can discribe it)

I look forward to playing around with your FFB plugin and trying it on Model 2 and Mame in the future now... only problem is, I've got a few huge commitments in the immediate future, you'll probably be up to version 5.something by the time I get to put my set ups back together  :lol

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, you're all an inspiration.
Cheers M8  :cheers:

Thanks dude  :cheers:

I'm getting reports that MAME and Demul games are crashing with latest plugin version but I can't replicate the issue on 2 x pcs here so could someone let me know if they are having issues

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #486 on: June 06, 2020, 07:01:23 pm »
I'm testing it now. Initial D export doesn't seem to recognize any of my button presses even though I mapped all buttons and axis within the ffb plugin menu and completely ignored the default demul controller config setting. stand by for further details I'll see if I missed something......

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #487 on: June 06, 2020, 07:20:56 pm »
I've never used this plugin but Initial D on Demul, all of them are terrible as far as wheel sensitivity at least on my wheel. One little move you fly into the wall.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #488 on: June 06, 2020, 07:49:40 pm »
I'm testing it now. Initial D export doesn't seem to recognize any of my button presses even though I mapped all buttons and axis within the ffb plugin menu and completely ignored the default demul controller config setting. stand by for further details I'll see if I missed something......

Did you check Enable Input Support?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #489 on: June 06, 2020, 10:19:29 pm »
I'm going to have to try this plugin soon like tomorrow.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2020, 04:02:41 pm »
Test version here for MAME 64bit

Anyone who having issues with freezing or crashes, see if this is better

Overwrite the existing dinput8.dll

https://mega.nz/file/9RdRSKaD#q0cT_Aa9o3wPTMSIyTFuaHUsbIWgHO49zEf4ON9gJHk

MotownC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:44:49 pm
  • Reliving my youth, one lap at a time
« Reply #491 on: June 08, 2020, 02:42:43 pm »
Haven't tested Demul yet but Ace Driver and Dirt Dash worked great. Interesting with Ace Driver: Victory Lap - even in power mode and setting the Division number very low, I could not achieve much of a feedback effect. Not sure if that is how it's supposed to be or unique to my setup.

Thanks for the constant updates, Boomslang - opens my eyes to "new" games that I've never tried and really enhances the experience.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #492 on: June 08, 2020, 11:17:29 pm »
Haven't tested Demul yet but Ace Driver and Dirt Dash worked great. Interesting with Ace Driver: Victory Lap - even in power mode and setting the Division number very low, I could not achieve much of a feedback effect. Not sure if that is how it's supposed to be or unique to my setup.

Thanks for the constant updates, Boomslang - opens my eyes to "new" games that I've never tried and really enhances the experience.

Pretty sure you need to calibrate those games in test menu to get decent ffb

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2020, 09:12:55 am »
That worked - brilliant!

xlegx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 04:42:37 pm
« Reply #494 on: June 10, 2020, 04:42:31 pm »
Hello to everyone! i've got a problem with Mame 0.220 and FFB v2.1.
It doesn't works with my logitech G29 and Rush San Francisco games...
Same thing with Sega Model2.
I've alredy set the Guid number of the steering wheel but even so, it seems not work....
Is there some settings that i missed? or else?
Thanks for your help!

MotownC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #495 on: June 10, 2020, 04:57:16 pm »
Does it work for any other MAME games? Did you change mame.ini file to read OSD Outputs to 'windows' from 'auto'? If there are individual game ini files (e.g. sfrush.ini) that were created, they need outputs set to windows as well.

xlegx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #496 on: June 10, 2020, 05:19:49 pm »
Does it work for any other MAME games? Did you change mame.ini file to read OSD Outputs to 'windows' from 'auto'? If there are individual game ini files (e.g. sfrush.ini) that were created, they need outputs set to windows as well.

No it doesn't works with any game. I tried Outrun and Rush.
Just done what you said, but still not working...and sfrush didn't have any .ini files to set.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #497 on: June 10, 2020, 08:24:10 pm »
Have you installed wheel software, done all in one runtime files?

Check ffb is working firstly in gui under ffb test

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #498 on: June 10, 2020, 11:16:49 pm »

Yeah it's cool now. I'm not really into demul so I'm gonna leave it alone for a while.

On a side note, I'm having a blast with Initial D Stage 8 in TP. But can you take a look at it when you get a chance? You see, while the FFB itself is working, there's this thing that it does, where if you turn the wheel past a certain degrees, it get loose. As if it looses all force for a second until you bring it back towards the center. Yes I know it's 540º and I have my wheel set to that. But it still behaves the same way, and gets loose after about 100 degrees or so. I notice it does it in ID7 as well. It's always done this but I've never really gotten around to mentioning it.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #499 on: June 11, 2020, 12:40:33 am »

Yeah it's cool now. I'm not really into demul so I'm gonna leave it alone for a while.

On a side note, I'm having a blast with Initial D Stage 8 in TP. But can you take a look at it when you get a chance? You see, while the FFB itself is working, there's this thing that it does, where if you turn the wheel past a certain degrees, it get loose. As if it looses all force for a second until you bring it back towards the center. Yes I know it's 540º and I have my wheel set to that. But it still behaves the same way, and gets loose after about 100 degrees or so. I notice it does it in ID7 as well. It's always done this but I've never really gotten around to mentioning it.

You need to go into test menu and change Force to 10

This will then use all values

xlegx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #500 on: June 11, 2020, 01:57:26 am »
Have you installed wheel software, done all in one runtime files?

Check ffb is working firstly in gui under ffb test
You mean Logitech G Hub? Because those are the only file that i've got,as install drivers

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #501 on: June 11, 2020, 02:33:03 am »
Yeah so ghub is the wheel software for logitech now

Then make sure you install

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Then load FFBPluginGUI.exe and go to FFB Test

Then try the forces

Everything should work except rumble as wheels aren't capable of rumble

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #502 on: June 11, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »
Hey, so I'm super behind the times with what's been going on with the FFB plugin, I haven't updated since it was mainly just for Teknoparrot and you had to get your wheel info by looking at a log to then add that to the ini file. I've got 2 weeks off from work as of tonight (and don't have to think about Covid 19, FFP3 masks or PPE or any of that shite) so intended to catch up with all this stuff at last.

I've just had a quick read through the 'read me' file and just have a quick question or 2 about getting it working with MAME. All I need to do is stick all the files from the 'MAME 64bit Outputs' folder into the root of my MAME folder and use the FFBPluginGUI.exe to configure games, is that correct? There's a bit in the 'Read Me' that says 'create a ini file on root of MAME folder called Mame.ini and place inside it and save
#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    windows'
Can I literally just copy and paste that into the ini file and that's it? Is it just for specific versions of MAME or will any recent version do?

Also, Boomslang, any plans to add the original MAME version of Chase HQ to the list or DEMUL Daytona USA 2001? Cheers dude  :cheers:

xlegx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #503 on: June 11, 2020, 04:33:04 pm »

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Then try the forces

Awsome! Now it works! thanks a lot mate!
But how do i set the steering wheel to be more responsive? i mean....there's some 90° lack on both sides before the car can turn while playing. How can i change this setting? From Mame or where?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:58:04 pm by xlegx »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #504 on: June 11, 2020, 08:28:44 pm »
Hey, so I'm super behind the times with what's been going on with the FFB plugin, I haven't updated since it was mainly just for Teknoparrot and you had to get your wheel info by looking at a log to then add that to the ini file. I've got 2 weeks off from work as of tonight (and don't have to think about Covid 19, FFP3 masks or PPE or any of that shite) so intended to catch up with all this stuff at last.

I've just had a quick read through the 'read me' file and just have a quick question or 2 about getting it working with MAME. All I need to do is stick all the files from the 'MAME 64bit Outputs' folder into the root of my MAME folder and use the FFBPluginGUI.exe to configure games, is that correct? There's a bit in the 'Read Me' that says 'create a ini file on root of MAME folder called Mame.ini and place inside it and save
#
# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    windows'
Can I literally just copy and paste that into the ini file and that's it? Is it just for specific versions of MAME or will any recent version do?

Also, Boomslang, any plans to add the original MAME version of Chase HQ to the list or DEMUL Daytona USA 2001? Cheers dude  :cheers:

Yeah pretty much should be it

Just copy the files to mame folder then add the output info to mame.ini, then load FFBPluginGUI.exe and goto ffb setup and select device etc

Then try the forces

Awsome! Now it works! thanks a lot mate!
But how do i set the steering wheel to be more responsive? i mean....there's some 90° lack on both sides before the car can turn while playing. How can i change this setting? From Mame or where?

Sounds like you need to change the rotation setting in ghub itself

Will usually be defaulted to 900 degree so you wanna change that to 270 degree then set profile as persistent to remember

Google should help if you get stuck

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2020, 04:16:06 am »
Thanks Boomslang!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #506 on: June 12, 2020, 07:17:04 am »
Ive been posting on another forum regarding an issue with MAME Plugin for latest games when using Windows 7.

MAME would stop responding, if anyone with Windows 7 was having this issue could you try this and see if any better

https://mega.nz/file/oQ1DQBib#zGyoUCe7kXS92xWspKKnZUa7bv-LPzle43Y9DiBN1SQ

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #507 on: June 12, 2020, 03:49:37 pm »

You need to go into test menu and change Force to 10

This will then use all values

ahhh very interesting ! I'll try that.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #508 on: June 12, 2020, 04:27:12 pm »
@Boomslangz....ID8 crashes when entering the test menu. Any ideas?

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #509 on: June 12, 2020, 04:55:36 pm »
disregard I got into the menu. OK I set to 10. Feels about the same to me? effects are slightly stronger. I'll keep playing with it but one thing's for sure....the effects in the ID games are vastly inferior to wangan and even Daytona/Sega Rally

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #510 on: June 12, 2020, 10:15:34 pm »
Hi Boomslangz.

I just tried Sega Rally 2 and I'm not getting any force feedback at all. Using the latest ffb plugin and made sure the plugin is seeing my wheel, and no dice. Daytona 2 and Scud Race work perfectly. Any ideas bro?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #511 on: June 12, 2020, 10:59:33 pm »
Hi Boomslangz.

I just tried Sega Rally 2 and I'm not getting any force feedback at all. Using the latest ffb plugin and made sure the plugin is seeing my wheel, and no dice. Daytona 2 and Scud Race work perfectly. Any ideas bro?

hm no

I just tried here and works fine for me

One thing i noticed i missed on new release was the MAME32 and MAME64 dll's in supermodel folder but you properly have them already if Daytona 2 and Scud Race are working fine

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #512 on: June 12, 2020, 11:58:04 pm »
10-22 brother I got it workin'....I forgot to add -outputs=win to the cfg file LOL. Working now  :cheers:

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2020, 01:19:17 am »
as for ID8 and the effect you were talking about

I see what you mean

Funny how lazy the Initial D Community is that no one can ever come tell me its missing effects and feels crap

Problem is, I have no idea how it's meant to react really, It's not constant effect like most the rest

when the wheel becomes "loose" as you call it, it sends same value both when full left and when full right effectively and sends value 0x57812

Which I am not reading at all hence why nothing occurs

Ive been pretty confused regarding the Initial D games for awhile as

constant always uses 0x4XXXX values
spring always uses 0x6XXXX values

0x5XXXX values are the one ive never fully known. It occurs while rubbing against walls or other cars and now this too

I was thinking it was Sine Effect (rumble wheel) originally but was assured by a few ID Players that wheel never rumbles so I made it all friction to make wheel harder to turn

but recently when I added Initial D 1,2 and 3 (which also use the exact same ffb code right through to ID8) im back to thinking its Sine as when driving over the road markings etc it sends 0x5XXXX effects. I hooked these up as Sine on those games and it feels right to me, rumbles wheel quickly as you drive over them so I left it to see what others would say and haven't recieved much feedback

If i had a real ID8 cab or such to test then I could pretty quickly work these out

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2020, 12:19:43 pm »
Very interesting and thanks for confirming the issue. Great detective work! Glad we're on the same page. Like you said the ffb feels strange compared to other games. Well, if you make any changes and figure out a new way to improve it, and want some tests done just PM me either here or at discord and I'll be happy to help out.  :cheers:

Eduardoml

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:39:57 pm
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2020, 05:41:47 pm »
I never played ID8 in the arcades, so I thought that the steering wheel became loose in the middle of the curve because of the physics of the game that is not the most realistic. And also because if you pay close attention it gets loose at the same moment that the sound of the tires changes in the drift, so I always thought that this was normal.

Another doubt that I have, in Mame64 I never able to use the effects on Virtua Racing, I read someone commenting that it is necessary to turn the ffb on in the test menu (as in Rave Racer), but I didn't found this option, the only effect that can get is to force the spring effect of FFBplugin, the strange thing is that all other games work normally.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
needs to be set to Upright Cabinet or you won't recieve FFB Output Values

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2020, 07:45:11 pm »
Wow here we go again! New update to TP broke ID8 **AGAIN**. CTDs at the loading screen before loading the track. Unbelievable. C'mon Reaver get your ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- together man!! Boomslangz is it happening to you too?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2020, 08:02:31 pm »
Wow here we go again! New update to TP broke ID8 **AGAIN**. CTDs at the loading screen before loading the track. Unbelievable. C'mon Reaver get your ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- together man!! Boomslangz is it happening to you too?

no. Works fine

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2020, 08:31:49 pm »
Boomslangz.....it's Real Gear Shift!!!!'
[5:28 PM]
Enabling it causes ID8 to CTD right before the race! Try it and let me know/'
[5:29 PM]
I think everytime he updates it it sometimes breaks Real Gear Shift in the ID games''
[5:29 PM]
Was working perfectly before the update'